• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What was your first console

dagscot

Reaction score
Mine was the old Atari 2600. It took cartridges and once I saw those very first, blocky games, I was hooked. My next was a Commodore 64, great games on regular cassettes. They took ages to load.

thepostman

Reaction score
Mine was also an Atari 2600. I still play it now and then. It's an old but great system. My next system was a 7800 then NES.

Jessi

Reaction score
My first would've been the original NES. I did have some Ataris after that point, which are obviously older, but they aren't the first that I owned.

Oskar

Reaction score
I'm only 15 so sadly I didn't experience the first gaming consoles :(
My first gaming console was the GameCube. I still have it. Brings back good memories.. :)

Esperahol

Reaction score
My first? Geez... like the first I played or the first I owned? The first I played was Atari, but the first I owned was a Sega Genesis. I still have it and it works. I need to go hunt for some more games for it... yes ~s. Precious. Ah-hem.

Smokey

Reaction score
Genesis and SNES. I had both of them as a kid growing up at the same time. They were hooked up right next to each other. Man, hours of fun. :)

Shole

Reaction score
A Sony Play Station 2 :D was epic until the 3 came out and overpowered my poor fat SPS2

aliangel3499

Reaction score
The first gaming console I got was a Nintendo 64. My cousin had come down for a visit and got me the console as well as a Barbie tent. :angelic: The ironic thing is that he currently doesn't want his kids to play any video games. I've already given away the Nintendo 64 to a friend, but I'm hoping to bring them to the gaming world.

lamanlupa

Reaction score
Our first console when I was kid (something that we played til our fingers hurt) came in the way of Atari. Sure, the graphics were not that cimematic, the sound composed mainly of pings and bleeps but, darn it! It sure as hell made a good run during its short time at the top. We played Space Invaders, Yar's Revenge, Joust (my favorite), Berserk, Haunted House and a lot others. It only got better when Atari got out to be replaced by the immortal NES.

Minecraft2201

Reaction score
My first game system was a Super Nintendo Entertainment System. I remember finally saving up enough, walking in and buying one. Once I got it home, it was like one of the biggest rushes I think I've ever had. At least that's what it felt like.

djordjem87

Reaction score
My first console was Terminator 2. I am not sure if it was sold all around the globe but it was popular here in Serbia. Basically it was a replica of NES and it had the same games. I believe I still have it somewhere. After that I had Sega Mega Drive and Playstation 2 and 3.

Somehow, although it looks funny from this perspective my best memories about gaming are connected with Terminator console and the one I never owned, Playstation 1. On Terminator I loved to play Bomberman, Super Mario, Dr Mario, Donkey Kong, Duck Hunt, Legend of Cage or Tank 1990.

leahcim132

Reaction score
My first console was the N64 Pokemon edition. I got it for Christmas when I was really young along with Pokemon Stadium. I still have it today but sadly it's not in the best condition. The first console I played with ismy cousin's SNES. We would play that Diddy Kong game (forgot the name but it was really addicting as a kid!).

Referal

Reaction score
I would say PlayStation 3 I threw it out though got it as a gift from my cousin who is older to me

Sino989

Reaction score
My very first console that I owned was a Gamecube. I was pretty young so I'm not exactly sure when we got it but I loved that thing and I still do. It's my favorite console and I love every game on it that I own honestly.

Lord Sanity

Reaction score
My first official game I ever got was an Atari in 1999 when I was 3 years old.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
My first ever console was a Nintendo Gamecube, the black edition with three controllers. My parents and I used to have racing marathons on Mario Kart Double Dash, great memories! It was released roughly November of 2001. I got mine in 2002 at four years old.

kovacs

Reaction score
My first and only console was a Nintendo 64 which I bought from a cousin back in the day. I wish I had known better and gotten a Playstation instead. The games for the 64 were so expensive that I never got to buy single title, and resorted to renting them instead. Sometimes I would enjoy a game so much I'd rent it for a month or more, and spend money that I could be using to actually acquire Playstation games!

EarlAlexander

Reaction score
My first gaming console was SEGA, was a nice gadget. It has an opening for inserting cartridge and is connected to my TV set, with two pads, the football game was not fun and cannot be compared with today's PlayStation soccer, but I did enjoy it.