• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What was the first PC game you ever played?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Doom 2, Hexen, and Red Alert 2. I played Doom 2 and Hexen on my uncle's PC, and when I finally got one on my own, the only game installed there was Red Alert 2, which was awesome and will always be one of my favorite games. I haven't played Doom and Hexen since those days because apparently you need an emulator to play in today's modern operating systems. I think that's too much work, so nevermind then.

castills

Reaction score
I think my first PC game was The Oregon Trail. I am not sure what edition or iteration it was, but we played it as kids in the 90s. That was a good game, and now I am wondering if we still have the actual game. I have seen there are some new editions out, but I have not tried any (aside from a mobile one a while back, but it was not fun). Thinking about playing it brings back a lot of memories of buying from the general store, foraging for plants, and breaking wagon wheels on the trail. It was actually fairly educational as well. Anyway, it is a timeless class.
I remember being promised game time in elementary school, and barely playing this! I've forgotten all about it

castills

Reaction score
The first games which I played on my PC were card games like Solitaire, spider solitaire and free cell. I remember it was Windows 98 then and still had a great addictive powers.

All hail Windows of the 90s! Pinball was my favorite with its catchy soundtrack, and you could find it on all PCs! I need to find that track now that you'd reminded me! Solitare was also a favorite, Spider even a fav of my not-so techy dad, though I never like Hearts or FreeCell, not knowing how to play. The first seemed random to my child-self and FreeCell too clustered on the screen.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
All hail Windows of the 90s! Pinball was my favorite with its catchy soundtrack, and you could find it on all PCs! I need to find that track now that you'd reminded me! Solitare was also a favorite, Spider even a fav of my not-so techy dad, though I never like Hearts or FreeCell, not knowing how to play. The first seemed random to my child-self and FreeCell too clustered on the screen.
Oohhh...I forgot Pinball. It was such a wonderful childhood game. Thanks for reminding me again. It simply slipped out of my mind.

I also remember playing a ball balancing game called Blast thru. It was the game which I played to take a break from card games. Really, childhood PC memories are so good to recall.

luispas

Reaction score
I remember that I played a few games when I had my first computer, but I only remember one: SuperTux, it was a game based on Mario (I could say it was a copy) but made by Linux, so it was about a Penguin, it was very good and hard for my age lol. I remember another game, but it was about fighting, I always try to find the name or something, just to try to play it again but I never find anything.
I wish I could remember at least the name of one character :(

m33kuh

Reaction score
Mine would be Ragnarok. When I was in high school I would skip classes just to play this game. I've been caught many times by my teachers and parents but I don't really care back then. Ragnarok was life for me. I learned how to be a merchant and a trader because of that game. Haha. Memories. <3

dero56

Reaction score
Probably the first one I played alone without the help of anyone else was "Day of the Tentacle", one of those point and click story rpg games but it was pretty immersive and funny at times. They did a remaster of the game as well if anyone wants to try it and the game does have early 90s references in it for anyone looking for some nostalgia.

castills

Reaction score
I learned how to be a merchant and a trader because of that game.

Heh, we learned to save money from games! Unfortunately, I thought one could "unspoil" food like in Zynga's CafeWorld. Just toss food on the stove, forget out bout it, sprinkle on dust and BAM, good again? Glad Ma cleared that up. :sweatsmile:

m33kuh

Reaction score
Haha! Silly you! Well that's okay. We all have our moments. Good thing it was only food spoil for you and not other genre of a game. GTA perhaps in real life? I've seen a lot of GTA dudes in real life driving cars like a boss chased by cops. Haha

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Does Minesweeper count? I remember playing this game and Solitaire, I tried Free Cell but I can't understand how to play the game, I was a kid back then. Minesweeper was the first game I've played on PC, I never finished the game, I just click and click until I hit a bomb. Up until now, I still can't finish the game.

Sino989

Reaction score
Oh boy I still remember my first pc game like it was yesterday. The very first pc game I played was SWAT. I thought it was the coolest game ever because I was really into swat stuff so I found it very fun.I was only about 6-7 so I wasn't very good at the game but I still had a blast playing it and to this day the SWAT games are one of my favorite series :)

Dhanidhamy

Reaction score
I know its kind of funny but the first game I ever played on pc was Zuma Deluxe, and till now I still play once a while to kill boredom and it works.

Tronikart

Reaction score
Wow this goes waaaaay back, it may have been T.I.M. (The Incredible Machine) but I barely remember it, I was too young still, the earliest memories I have probably are from Age of Mythology, I was obsessed with that game, is what got me into mythology and gaming, before that there are a bunch of small games that the newspaper brought but nothing worth mentioning

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
The first PC game I ever played was called Midtown Madness.
It was a game designed for Windows 98 (quite poor graphics).
But, at the time, it was one of the best games...it was really fun!
What was the first PC game you ever played...the very first one?
I use to play Virtual Cop when I bought my First PC. It was a 3D game and I am really surprised that how they made such a game in 90's. It was a great source of fun and I loved it a lot.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I remembered playing Tetris on Windows 3.1. Those were the days where I spent most of my time playing with toys compared to playing PC games. Besides that, I also played Prince of Persia. This game looked simple but took me a long time to complete.

Denis_P

Reaction score
To be honest, this is something that I cannot exactly remember all too well, given I don't think I was too impressed with PC games at the time. That being said, I was super young and was playing on one of those pretty old school computers where the monitor rested on top of the actual desktop.

Anyway, I believe the first game I actually played on that thing was either Sonic and Knuckles Collection or some obscure Tom and Jerry game. I just remember thinking "Eh, my SNES is better" and going back to that.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
There was a italian Disney magazine which once a month come out with a videogame attached to it (with a bigger price). Since I just got my PC that year (around 2000, more or less) I asked my parents to buy it since I always saw the ads in the other issues of the magazine. Such game was The Jungle Book... a old disney platform, I think it was a direct port from NES. Not a big game, nobody remember it, but it was... nice, I guess.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
The first DOOM game in the series, it was released in 1993. I remember the thrill and sensation of excitement so so well. I just had to Google some pictures of it and wow the graphics where horrible haha. It's available to play for free in the browser today, but yeah the graphics look stone-age compared to the games we have now. Good memories!

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
The first PC game that I ever played was Need For Speed and I have been hooked on the series ever since. I will never forget the first time I beat a Need For Speed on PC. It was Need For Speed Underground. And I was on top of the world when I won the last race.

P.S. I have always been interested in fast cars. I had a 1993 Mustang GT when I was 19. :smile:

Deathisue

Reaction score
Aoe II, i was young and naive when i saw in a cybercafe, someone playing that game in a old pc, the cpu it was white actually, but the thing is i was captivated for that game, only the power to command a army for my in that age it was imposible, so with the months i goes to the same cybercafe and i ended up playing that game, i am not the same since.