• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What was the first PC game you ever played?

Quiver

Reaction score
The first PC game I ever played was called Midtown Madness.
It was a game designed for Windows 98 (quite poor graphics).
But, at the time, it was one of the best games...it was really fun!
What was the first PC game you ever played...the very first one?

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I think mine were games on Maidmarian.com LOL. I remember having my first taste of 3D online multiplayer hangout in clubmarian where all I did as flirt with women but it leads to nowhere because you pretty much can't do anything there except drive and chat. I used to play one of their games called Sherwood Dungeon too, and I thought it was pretty cool at the time since I love third person 3D rpgs, an the fact that it's browser-based was really convenient for me.

kenoobie

Reaction score
First pc game I played is Diablo. My first time to trying to kill Butcher was scary and exciting because when you open the door he greets you "Fresh Meat!"

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I think lots of you are actually wrong. Your first game was probably solitaire or pinball :)

I know for sure that those were my first PC games I have tried. I bet most people have tried those first before actually getting others.

Pinball was so addictive, I used to compete with my dad a lot

Javo1096

Reaction score
The first PC game I ever played was Starcraft back in the early 2000's it was the most amazing thing at that time just to spend hours and hours in the campaign, I still remember to these days the final and hardest mission from the terran campaign, destroying the Overmind was a serious deal back in those days.

Ipa07

Reaction score
The first PC game I played was Lucky Luke in SNES. The game was 2D and it was really fun. I hope I could play it again.

hermessantos

Reaction score
The first computer game I played was Daytona. I particularly can not remember which version of the Daytona I played, but this was certainly the first game.
Other games I played at that time were Tomb Raider, Test Drive, Rainbow six. Good times!

Gladdy

Reaction score
I am not 100% certain which was the first one but I think it might have been a game called Road Rash. It is basically a unique spin on motorbike games. You drive on your motorbike (racing) and try to avoid random obstacles - things on the road, cars and so on. You can also be cheeky and try to knock your competitors off their bikes. It even let you upgrade your motorbikes and more. The game was really popular back in the days - all my friends played it every day for hours.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I think lots of you are actually wrong. Your first game was probably solitaire or pinball :)

I know for sure that those were my first PC games I have tried. I bet most people have tried those first before actually getting others.

Pinball was so addictive, I used to compete with my dad a lot
You are right! My first pc game is actually Dune 2. There was just MS-DOS back then. Dune 2 was pretty much what got me hook to gaming.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
My first pc game was I cant remember the name so i just go with my runner up. Tiberian Sun. Played on my PC with OS Windows 95.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
My first PC game? Does it count if it already came in with the actual computer? Because if it does, then it was that DEVILISHLY HARD Lion King game.
It was just so frustrating back then, my head is starting to throb a bit just by remembering it ୧(๑•̀ᗝ•́)૭

Logan

Reaction score
I think my first PC game was The Oregon Trail. I am not sure what edition or iteration it was, but we played it as kids in the 90s. That was a good game, and now I am wondering if we still have the actual game. I have seen there are some new editions out, but I have not tried any (aside from a mobile one a while back, but it was not fun). Thinking about playing it brings back a lot of memories of buying from the general store, foraging for plants, and breaking wagon wheels on the trail. It was actually fairly educational as well. Anyway, it is a timeless class.

CBL28

Reaction score
Plague Inc. I had the mobile version on my phone for some time. When I lost that phone and got my laptop, that was the first game I bought. I sometimes go back to it, just for the nostalgic feeling. I've been through a lot with this PC.
If those kind of games count, then it was probably the Windows 7 chess game.

overcast

Reaction score
My memory serves me right then I guess I played those mario and bomberman. I am sure there are some other games at that time like donkeykong and contra. I remember I have more memories of contra than anything. So it'd be fun to see how the PC games seems to be good these days. I have ported some old games back on the desktop.

MLF

Reaction score
The first PC game I ever played was Ghostbusters on my friends Commodore 64 back in the 80s. You started out with $10k and got to setup your vehicle of choice and then went hunting. Here is a video from YouTube that pretty much shows it all:

He also had a couple other games we'd play but I can't remember the names of them for the life of me.

valy

Reaction score
I bought my first PC in 2000 year, it was a Compaq Presario with a Pentium 133MHz processor with 32MB RAM. Looking back, i know it was the love of my life because at that time i was very proud of my PC. In 2000 this PC was really expensive, i paid for him more than 400 dollars, but what can i say he deserved all the money. I've been using it for more than 5 years until it broke down and i had to buy another one!

StolenKid

Reaction score
The first game I played on my PC (a classic oldie PC) was Alone In The Dark, I remember because it was not terrifying, it was hilarious, also I remember playing the first Harry Potter game, that one was cool and I loved it.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
The first games which I played on my PC were card games like Solitaire, spider solitaire and free cell. I remember it was Windows 98 then and still had a great addictive powers.

Pixie06

Reaction score
It was PAC-MAN. In fact this was a very good game and I will not mind playing it today. I used to compete with my friends when playing this game. It brings back some very good memories. This was definitely an exciting game.