• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What video game console did you spend most of your childhood with?

Denis_P

Reaction score
I would have to say that most of my child was split between the SNES and the Nintendo 64. I got the SNES as a hand-me-down in around 1997 but soon after my parents were able to buy me a Nintendo 64, so I was blazing through both libraries together. But overall the console I spent the most time with was the PS2, as it took up a pretty big chunk of my teen years and early adulthood, even after the PS3 had been out for a long while.

MLF

Reaction score
As a kid I had a Atari 2600 and 7800, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and Dreamcast and a PS1. I don't think I spent what would be considered a longer time with any of the consoles but I ended up rebuying a NES in my 20s and still break out the emulator today so that would likely be the call.

hermessantos

Reaction score
Nintendo 64 was undoubtedly the longest-running video game in my entire childhood. Good times!

appleandcinnamon

Reaction score
Definitely the Gameboy Advance and N64. Sure, we have niftier consoles that can process hyperrealistic images but the loading times are horrible and negatively affects the gaming experience overall. Imagine playing Super Mario 64 and having to wait 5-10 seconds every time you enter a painting and a loading screen pops up. I might've thrown the controller at the TV screen.

Pixie06

Reaction score
My first one was the Gameboy. I really enjoyed playing many games on it. My favorite one was Super Mario Land. I got my first PC in 1995 and then started playing games on it. I can still remember there was a good shooting game that I used to play.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Well, I had my PlayStation 1 and I play with it like for 5 years and I loved it, in my grandmothers house my cousin have an old PS one and I love to play with it every time I go there, it is the best.

Westbay

Reaction score
Mine was Nintendo Nes and Sega Mega Drive II I the games so much I would finish my homework quickly just to go play that was a condition to get access to games in my house then. If you had a Nintendo back then you were regarded as a kid because you would have friends you discussed it with and a number of folks to exchange the games with those memories are evergreen I met so many of my friends through gaming because I knew how to get good games and I was also good at helping out with walk thoughs.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
My favorite game console when I was a kid was the NES. I spent more time playing that game console than any other game console in my childhood. And my favorite game was "The Legend of Zelda". I played it so much that I could beat the gamble guy ever time and I had a endless supply of money and could buy anything in the game. :smile:

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I can't exatly remember the type, because I was 7 when I got it, but I played on a Nintendo console. Oh, the good ol' times. Super Mario and Duck Hunt. I remember how obsessed I was. Everytime we went to shopping they had to buy me a new game. I remember that out of 10 casettes just 3 worked and I was soooo sad that my Nintendo didn't loaded a Sailor Moon game!

Then I got a PC, but I still continued playing on my Nintendo. Tbh, I only used my PC for drawing in Paint.
I think I had the same console. It was some sort of NES/SNES console, but it was white and had white gamepads. I remember that it came in with one game cartridge which claims to have like 20 games, but all of them are Mario and Duck Hunt with different colors LOL. I remember I didn't even get to play Duck Hunt right because of some gamepad problems, it wouldn't shoot LOL.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, My childhood goes back to 80s. There weren't many video games back then. So, I will refer to later, I have played Final Fantasy VII. I didn't get it when it first came out as I didn't have a PlayStation, and had never heard of it, so bought it when I saw it in the Platinum section a few years later. No other game has stuck with me like this one, and it is easily the best value for money I've ever invested in a game.

Kharyode

Reaction score
The game I often play when I was a little child was ps1 , Sega.
Playing Mario and some interesting game.

lindbergh

Reaction score
I spent most of my childhood playing the NES (just like most millenials did). Though it only had 8 bit graphics, I enjoyed playing the games. I played certain games over and over like Battle City and Contra.

I can still remember having to fight over who got the first player controller. I remember having callous on my thumb from playing too much street fighter and spamming Hadoukens. Those were good times, really.

peachpurple

Reaction score
The first one I had ever played was Bubble Bobble, it was on PC game and Video game too. PC keyboard was easier to control the left and right turns while Joystick was harder and wrong timing to shoot the bubbles. It was the best game that I had played since I don't have to use my brain to think. Just shoot the same color of bubbles to burst them and started to scream like a mad girl when the bubbles came down almost squashing the little dino.

MichaelSoriano15

Reaction score
For me, it's gotta be the PlayStation One. I remember receiving it as a birthday gift from my sister, she bought it from her boyfriend at that time. When I received it I was very happy, I'd be playing all the fighting games that were included with the console but the game that I really focused on is the Spider-man game, that game is just a masterpiece back in the days.

konomi

Reaction score
The first console my family owned was an Atari 7800, but the one I remember playing the most was Sega Genesis. My mom didn't like spending a lot of money on games, so we only had Sonic 2, which game with the console, and another Sonic game that my sister's friend gave us. When you only have one or two games, you end up spending a LOT of time with them, lol.

johnmctown

Reaction score
I remembered that family computer that has red or maroon color??! Yes that's it i played boxing with it I think Mike Tyson was the boss and i also palyed duck hunt on that console. I definitely played with SEGA, Sonic was the game and i think X-men. Then the Nintendo, it has that reset and eject switch with i think purple or blue color if i can remember that right. I played Street Fighter on Nintendo also Mario, contra??, and other racing games. I was fun at that time.

GameCube

Reaction score
For my childhood years, it was Atari, Nintendo, Apple Computer, and SuperNintendo. For my teenage years, they had Nintendo 64, I think Game Cube, and various Sega systems. Anyway, I'm sure the Game Boy was also around but I never played it.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
When I was very, very young I remember playing my PS1 and GameCube mostly. Then moved onto a PS2 and an original Xbox playing games like GTA: San Andreas etc.

When I was about 10 I started playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on the family PC and those days were great. After that I moved on to the Xbox 360, Xbox One and now my beloved PC!

Not Sag

CW Super Admin
Reaction score
I spent most of my time playing the playstation 1 and my gameboy advance, I never really played anything else up until consoles like the Wii and Playstation 3 came out. Which I then played too, and now that I think about it I also played the classic Quake on PC.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
It's probably a tie between the original NES or the SNES. Both of those gobbled up summer and weekend afternoons like a starved hound in a ham factory. Everyone was playing in those days so all of your friends would always want to come over to see which games you had. Likewise, you always ran right to their system when you went to their house! We had lots of fun trading and sharing tips. Sometimes it's not just about the game, but about the relationships you build surrounding the activity that make it so much fun. I really miss that.