• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What video game console did you spend most of your childhood with?

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I spent most of my childhood on a Super Nintendo playing Donkey Kong and F-Zero. However, I think I spent an equal amount of time with a Playstation 2 and the Xbox 360. The playstation introduced me to shooter games like the very first Call of Duty games, and Star Wars Battlefront II. The Xbox allowed me to further my interest in gaming through RPG and open world games like Oblivion, Fallout 3, Prototype and others. It made a nice transition into PC gaming, where I sit now.

Sino989

Reaction score
The console I spent most of my childhood on was the Nintendo Gamecube. I still play it sometimes today because the games I own for it are so fun to me!

gameten

Reaction score
My childhood was spent playing Tv console games - the one where you had to insert cartridge. We didn't have gameboy or such at the market back then. The only games available were games like Galaga, pacman and some other pixel graphics games.
I used to buy every new cartridges that came out in the market and only after getting a pc, did I leave playing such games.

Lilith

Reaction score
The original Nintendo was the first console I remember using. I know we had an Atari, but I only remember fiddling with the controller, and not actually playing. Back then we could go to the public library and rent games for free. It was great. Bubble Bobble was the game my sister and I always rented to play together. However, my most used console was a Sega Genesis I got from my grandma. I also eventually got a Game Gear, which in my opinion, was way better then the Game Boys my friends had. It was in COLOR!

I also did a lot of PC gaming as a kid. I played an educational shareware math rocket game on my parents Commodore 64. (Wow I'm old). Eventually I got into the early city building games like Sim City 2000. LAN parties were big at my high school and we played a lot of Warcraft II, which was new at the time.

Ragnaricecream

Reaction score
I'm a little younger than some of you, haha.

My childhood was spent biting pigs with Tomba, spitting fire with Spiro and batcling Blue demented dogs with Crash, on the PS1.

Later Okami came along in the ps2 and made me fall in love HARD.

PS2 is still my favourite console.

But yeah, PS1 is my childhood. I also played a lot of GBA and Kirby for the SNES because my father managed to put some emulators on the family computer. Man those were a blast.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
I can't exatly remember the type, because I was 7 when I got it, but I played on a Nintendo console. Oh, the good ol' times. Super Mario and Duck Hunt. I remember how obsessed I was. Everytime we went to shopping they had to buy me a new game. I remember that out of 10 casettes just 3 worked and I was soooo sad that my Nintendo didn't loaded a Sailor Moon game!

Then I got a PC, but I still continued playing on my Nintendo. Tbh, I only used my PC for drawing in Paint.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Without a doubt, the most amount of time I've spent playing is the awesome SNES. It was actually the first gaming console that I ever got. You should see how excited I was when my parents bought me it as a gift. It was like Christmas Eve excitement multiplied by thousands. They also bought me some games and kept doing so whenever we went to Austria (they sold them for cheap and had plenty).

I loved spending my time playing SNES - it was also a bonding time for me and my father because he also enjoyed it. He was actually showing me how to beat some of the tougher Mario levels, haha. We cheered each other on and kept switching who's playing. Really amazing and happy memories all connected to the lovely SNES. It really has a special place in my heart.

ValX

Reaction score
Gameboy ! I was so addicted to gameboy in my childhood and I bought a lot of games to play. Me and my brother have our own gameboy and so we share our games together and I had a LOT of fun playing so many games in the Nintendo Gameboy. I remembered it was so expensive that time too.

Cauohashi

Reaction score
When I was a kid, almost there was no computer, it was not like today that everyone has, so I only went to play on a PC years later.
But when I was 8 years old I won a Super Nintendo and this console was part of my childhood, I still have Super Nintendo and sometimes I play a little.

Mattmattics

Reaction score
My PS 1 was my first console, my brother games me his Nintendo but it wasn't really mine. But that PS1 was all mine. It's the reason I'm such a Sony fanboy now. I didn't have a lot of games but I loved it like a child. I was a baby with a baby, lol. We both a have grown a lot over the years.

Linen

Reaction score
I've spent time with both the NES and Super NES as well, but it's the Nintendo 64 or the Gamecube that I spent most of my childhood with. I remember I always enjoyed playing the earlier Smash Bros. games, Mario Party games, and Kirby Air Ride. One of my two older brothers and I shared a lot of the same tastes in games, thankfully; the other was distinctly a Playstation guy who loved GTA and hunting games. I'm not as much of a Nintendo loyalist as I used to be (I now have Sony consoles, too, but for much different reasons), but they're still one of the companies I'll regularly pay attention to.

Tronikart

Reaction score
My very first was the N64, I had tons of fun with Super Mario 64, Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers and of course The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, loved them all and I still have it around, from time to time I plug it in and play those games once again, I know there are tons of emulators but nothing beats playing it on the console, having to blow the cartridges to get it going and having fun the old way

Javo1096

Reaction score
The PlayStation 1 was my first console I used to play a lot of Bloody Roar 2, also had a great time playing the classics from that console like the Resident Evil series, Crash Bandicoot, Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Megaman X4, I got the console on a christmas night and remember it as one of the happiest moments from my early gaming experience.

LeeLeakey

Reaction score
I recall those times, just back then in 1999 and 2000 when all started..my mum had a home based-Hp Pc you can all relate to..the one with the creame-colour monitor! I used to have that clique of my other 3besties i used to sneak out those fine afternoons years later, to play the Ps2

overcast

Reaction score
For me it has to be Mario and BomberMan. You can see that some of the good games were in that time. I also played mahjong and duck hunt the most. But it seems I have more memories of bomber man. And I played that game a lot. I am going to make use of the games through DOSBOX. And that's indeed good games for sure.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
PS1 all the way!
Back then getting any Nintendo system was a rare sight, but then again so was the PS1. My dad got it for me as a birthday present and it joined me through the most fun part of my childhood.
From Resident Evil to DDR to Crash Bandicoot. Even obscure games back in my country like Ape Escape (Having to use the DualShock at all times was seriously crazy.) Name it and we've probably had it!
Ah, posting here has definitely hit me up with a big nostalgia wave, I want to play now.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
NINTENDO 64.

My first game ever was actually Bomberman Hero. I remember fondly the times when I would fight with my younger brother over choosing who would get to play this time, only to get enraptured by the gameplay no matter who was pressing the buttons. The fights only increased when we were gifted with OoT, but beating it was a huge team effort. We were so proud of it back in the days...

I got a heavy nostalgia case now.

kenoobie

Reaction score
The PS1 was my third console and would play games in it all day. I do not remember the first game I played with the console but I do remember playing games like nuclear strike, xenogears, ff series and tekken just to name a few.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Mine was most likely the PSOne. I've had for longer than any console because I remember still playing it during the mid-PS2 era. The games aren't exactly as good as PS2 games, but some are good enough to spend your time onto. Resident Evil 2 was my first horror game and I thought it was the scariest thing ever at the time because of the camera angles, the controls, and the scariest thing: limited saves.

WarVet

Reaction score
I had different consoles throughout my childhood starting with PS1. But definitely the console I spent the majority of my time with was the PS2. The number of games released was amazing. So many options and also very cheap (Most of the copies we bought were pirated versions but as a child, we did not care). I played it up until i was 16 when PS3 came out. Even after that,i kept playing my favorites.