• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What video game console did you spend most of your childhood with?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I was not lucky enough to be rich growing up, we couldn't afford a PC so I saved up and bought my very own GameBoy. Pokemon Yellow was my very first game, and it was the most memorable experience I have ever had in gaming. From walking through the grass outside Pallet Town, to encountering Articuno on the Seafoam Islands. It was an awesome game to have as a first timer. What platform and game did you have first?

Kallerdaller

Reaction score
I'm still young so I started on pc when I was 3. When I was 5 I went to the ps1 then when I was 7 I went to the ps2. When I reached 11 I got the ps3 and then when I was 13 I move to pc again

fcuco

Reaction score
It is probably a tie between the old school NES and the Nintendo 64 although I don't know if I was a child anymore by then. I do remember the NES as being more of a personal thing, there were a few multiplayer games but usually it was all about playing solo while the Nintendo 64 was a lot more multi player oriented, well it had 4 controller ports and it had great multiplayer and party games like Wave Race 64, Goldeneye and Pokemon Stadium, so I played a lot of NES but then would go out and play with friends while playing N64 was all we did all day.

Steamroller

Reaction score
I wasn't poor but I grew up with a stingy father, He only bought me stuff to celebrate holidays, therefore I almost always asked for games and sometimes consoles. Therefore I sticked with my N64 and Playstation for longer when most people were already playing with GameCube, Xbox and Playstation 2. It wasn't until 2004 when I finally managed to have a Playstation 2, only a year before sony and Nintendo decided to release the another gen.

EntropiaAddict

Reaction score
Most of my early childhood was spent with the Atari and Commodore 64. When I was 9, my family bought a Nintendo... After the Nintendo, I was no longer a kid and purchased my consoles with money from working. My parents are still unsure about buying me that Atari and whether that cemented me into the gamer I still am today.

taco

Reaction score
The NES was my first console, and I can clearly remember that Christmas morning when I got it and Legend of Zelda. I played Zelda for the next month practically non-stop. I still think it is one of the top 10 games ever made. Also around this time the Apple IIe came out and my parents brought one home and I spent a decent amount of time on that thing as well.

Damien

Reaction score
Mines was the PS1, when I got introduced to it, I would sneak up in the morning when everyone else was sleep, and play in the living room with my head phones in the TV. My mom never caught me. I remember playing Donkey Kong Country, I was so addicted, and loved it. I spent most of my time playing many PS1 games that I collected over time.

The PS1 was my system of play.

abonnen

Reaction score
Mine was Super Nintendo (24), it was my brothers (he got is from a grandparent for his birthday) and we always played it, it was the only game system we ever had. I actually still have the game console and play it regularly. I have had been playing if for about 17-18 years. I always enjoys the games that could be played on it and I thought mario paint was like the bomb growing up.

mastrSkyWalker

Reaction score
Wow I was just talking about this in another thread.

At five years old, I got a Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64. I played the hell out of that console. Mario Party, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart, Gauntlet Legends, this list just goes on and on. I loved that console. I played it for probably the next 10 years before I finally ended up putting it in a drawer and not touching it. I tried pulling it out every once in a while, but the graphics and gameplay didn't age very well. I just couldn't have fun with it anymore, and it really made me sad.

Then, I watched someone speed run Mario 64 a year ago. I knew I had to start doing that. It completely changed the way I played the game as a kid, and it became a ton of fun again. It's probably my most played console, especially when you combine the time I played as a kid with how much I've played it in the last year. Heck, I've started playing Smash 64 competitively now, something I really wanted to do back when I was little and couldn't find anyone that could beat me. If anyone's interested in getting involved in the scene today, PM me and I'll hook you up with other players :)

kingrichez

Reaction score
As a little kid I was spending hours playing my Sega Mega Drive 2. My favorite game was Sonic 2 closely followed by Primal Rage.

Lord Sanity

Reaction score
Ps2 or psp.
I got my first video game in 1999 when I was three.
It was an Atari and I have that until 2003.
Also during that time I got a PlayStation a Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast Super Nintendo.
In 2004 I had a Gameboy Advance and Xbox.
2005 Gameboy SP.
2006 a PSP and I would have multiple PSPs throughout the years.
As well as a PlayStation 2.
I kind of chilled out with game consoles after that.
Then in 2009 I got my PlayStation 3
Wish I would purchase three different versions throughout the years.
Until 2014 I got the PlayStation Vita.
And in 2016 I got my PS4.

So here's where it currently sits to time I have them to the time turned 18.
Atari 1999 - 2003
Original PlayStation 2002,2004,2006
Nintendo 64 2002 - 2005, 2016 - currently have.
Dreamcast 2003 - 2004
Gameboy Advance 2004 - 2006
Gameboy SP 2005 - 2007
Super Nintendo 2003 - 2005
Original Xbox 2004 - 2006, 2016 - currently have.
PlayStation Portable 2006 - 2007,2008,2009 - 2010, 2013,2015 - currently have.
PlayStation 2 2006 - 2007, 2007 - 2008,2009 - 2013, 2015,2016 - currently have.
PlayStation 3 2009 - 2012, 2012 - 2013, 2014 - 2015, 2015 - currently have.
PlayStation Vita 2014 - currently have
PlayStation 4 2016 - currently have.

kingrichez

Reaction score
Ps2 or psp.
I got my first video game in 1999 when I was three.
It was an Atari and I have that until 2003.
Also during that time I got a PlayStation a Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast Super Nintendo.
In 2004 I had a Gameboy Advance and Xbox.
2005 Gameboy SP.
2006 a PSP and I would have multiple PSPs throughout the years.
As well as a PlayStation 2.
I kind of chilled out with game consoles after that.
Then in 2009 I got my PlayStation 3
Wish I would purchase three different versions throughout the years.
Until 2014 I got the PlayStation Vita.
And in 2016 I got my PS4.

So here's where it currently sits to time I have them to the time turned 18.
Atari 1999 - 2003
Original PlayStation 2002,2004,2006
Nintendo 64 2002 - 2005, 2016 - currently have.
Dreamcast 2003 - 2004
Gameboy Advance 2004 - 2006
Gameboy SP 2005 - 2007
Super Nintendo 2003 - 2005
Original Xbox 2004 - 2006, 2016 - currently have.
PlayStation Portable 2006 - 2007,2008,2009 - 2010, 2013,2015 - currently have.
PlayStation 2 2006 - 2007, 2007 - 2008,2009 - 2013, 2015,2016 - currently have.
PlayStation 3 2009 - 2012, 2012 - 2013, 2014 - 2015, 2015 - currently have.
PlayStation Vita 2014 - currently have
PlayStation 4 2016 - currently have.
Man, you was very lucky as a kid to get all those consoles.
This is my console timeline:
Sega Mega Drive 2,
Gameboy,
Playstation,
Nintendo 64,
Original Xbox,
Playstation 2,
Xbox 360,
Playstation 3.

Lord Sanity

Reaction score
Man, you was very lucky as a kid to get all those consoles.
This is my console timeline:
Sega Mega Drive 2,
Gameboy,
Playstation,
Nintendo 64,
Original Xbox,
Playstation 2,
Xbox 360,
Playstation 3.
Dude! You had a Sega mega drive 2?!
I was going to get one of those after playing with my friends.
I'd thought you were the lucky one.
But Hey, you had almost as much stuff as I did.
Actually had to work to get those psps.
I started working at 10 until I was 14.
With my dad as a metal scraper.
It took months for I was able to make enough money to buy them.
And half the time they got stolen lol.

Nickchick

Reaction score
My first console was NES so I feel old admitting that. I do not remember what game was first as we had a lot of games for that system. I think the one I played the most was Mickey's Adventures in Numberland (it has been so long I had to look it up so I can't even tell you what I liked about it).
My fondest memory though is playing the Super Nintendo which I still have and the games for it that I liked. It was not until years and years later that I got to the boss on Donkey Kong Country. I still love that game despite the fact I pretty much beat it because if I played it again it would have been a while and it's challenging once you come back to it from a long break but was never frustratingly difficult.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
My first console was the first Playstation... or, to be more specific, the PSONE, the small version. I have lot of good memories on it (just watching the boot screen give me the chills). Games like the various Crash Bandicoot games, Soul Reaver, Digimon World, Medievil and I could go on for hours... There was also a Mickey Mouse game but I honestly can't remember the name. Never finished it.
Why did I sold it, why?!

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
I was not lucky enough to be rich growing up, we couldn't afford a PC so I saved up and bought my very own GameBoy. Pokemon Yellow was my very first game, and it was the most memorable experience I have ever had in gaming. From walking through the grass outside Pallet Town, to encountering Articuno on the Seafoam Islands. It was an awesome game to have as a first timer. What platform and game did you have first?
My first platform for gaming was the super NES. I got that system when I was around 10, and I loved that system, even even the games didn't work, and you had to blow on the game to get the dust off of them. Those were the good old days of gaming, but I must say that the gaming industry has come a long way.

Jay90

Reaction score
I spent the most time on my super Nintendo playing Mario and Kirby. Playing pokemon red on gameboy over and over was super fun...I prefered the gameboy as a kid though, since I could bring it with me to the bathroom LOL.

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
Okay, It has been a long time ever since I got my first videogame console. I was just about 5 years old (25 years ago) and the console was called "Family" LOL. It was some sort of a "cheap" version of the NES videogame console. I remember playing Adventures Island 1. Such great times from my childhood.

RobotDinosaur

Reaction score
Oh wow, I think I definitely spent the most time with Ninja Gaiden for the NES. I had played that game so much that by the time I hit high school I was effectively a really slow speed runner without even realizing it!
With practice I've gotten my time closer to 15 minutes to get through the whole game. It's a very challenging game, but the feeling of completion is incredibly rewarding.

Chiara

Reaction score
The NES was my first console. It was a gift from my aunt and uncle who lived in the U.S. In my birth country, Nintendo consoles were very expensive back then. So many nice memories with the old school NES!!