• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What is your favorite free-to-play game?

lexcion

Reaction score
Team Fortress 2 is absolute my favorite of all the free to play games. Its just has a really fun environment and the community is great. League of Legends is also pretty good and I've invested a lot of time into it without spending a penny.

Empire

Reaction score
As an free point of view game then I like World of Tanks, It's fun you have to spend hours and hours to work yourself up as an free account unless you want to pay for upgraded account that I haven't. Also War Thunder is another good game if you are into the battles and shooting in tanks and plains.

I also mention that I been playing for years APB, old game that got taken over years ago who then change it around and made it really cool and fun as an police to robber

Torch3d

Reaction score
My favorite F2P game has to be summoners war. I found the game about eight months ago and I've loved it since then. If anyone is looking for a great phone game that will keep you entertained for long periods of time then I recommend this one.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
I might get shit for this (as I probably should), but I spend an embarrassing amount of time playing Club Penguin Rewritten. It's a rebuild of Club Penguin since it shut down, but only the best parts. As in, it's a replica of the game during its peak years, the filter isn't as ridiculous (though I did get kicked once for saying "dope"), and everyone has free membership.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I'm pro F2P games, I seldom play games that are Paid to win. My favorite is CS:GO. Winning is based on skills. There are some cheaters on the game though, but they're trying their best to get rid of them.

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
I used to spend a lot when in high school, oh correction , i used to make my parents spend a lot for me to buy gaming gears but now I have limited the amount, in fact i have fixed ab annual budget, you know it was more easy to spend parents money but now i find it hard to spend my money on games.

Denis_P

Reaction score
While I'm not currently playing any free to play games I think I'd have to say that my favorite free to play game of all time has to be...Runescape. Yes, I know that it isn't entirely free to play but the chunk that they did give you is what kick started my love of MMORPG's.

I played the F2P part pretty much until I completed every quest and maxed out every level that was realistically possible and that's when I decided I want to continue my journey and began playing Runescape fully as well as other MMORPG's.

StolenKid

Reaction score
My favorite free to play game would be Team Fortress 2, also DOTA 2 is pretty addictive.

Javo1096

Reaction score
In this particular moment is League of Legends I think it's a very well developed game that still keeps getting better and you can see that the working team from Riot worries every day about making it to it's best they are always updating the patches, creating new champions and stuff like that. Just recently they even updated the code for the "well-manners" of the game and I think that shows how much they care for the community.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
I wouldn't know. Probably SMITE. Since MOBAs are popular nowadays, I tried some of them and SMITE is my favorite for sure. What I don't like in MOBA games is the community. It is really annoying since the games are competitive and then you get a whole new level of pressure, awful. SMITE community is somewhat fine, could be better but still, it is better than League community so I am fine with that.

Ipa07

Reaction score
Its League of Legends. Best free game I ever played.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Dota 2 is technically a free-to-play game, but that doesn't mean you get all the perks and fun out of it while playing for free. Tournaments, challenges, skins; all that requires actual money, which for some people (like me) are a lot to ask for just some in-game items that won't even make the game more interesting for me, or easier for some. It's mostly bragging rights that you can purchase a skin or two that costs over $20, or displaying your funds for the world to see.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I think my favorite free to play game would be Arcane Legends. The gameplay is not the best, but I could not have asked for a better community. The community there was very social, with almost everyone getting to meet anyone because we were all inside this mega server. I've met a lot of friends from different parts of the world there, friends who suffered with me through the lag days, the days we got nailed on pvp, the days we got nailed by bosses in pvp, and even the days where we're just so lazy of the gameplay that we just hung out and chatted with everyone in the guild. Good times. Good times.

Midgarosormr

Reaction score
I've been playing OpenRA's game library for years now.

It basically recreates and enhances the first few Command and Conquer (bar one) games: Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert, and Dune 2000 have already been released, with Tiberian Sun and Red Alert II in active development (I like Red Alert, myself).

If you're interested in knowing more, there's an active competitive scene that has its matches recorded and screened on YouTube/Twitch. Just search for "OpenRA" and "1v1".

I've also a fondness for Warzone 2100, though I wish there were a mod that placed the multiplayer technologies into the single-player campaign.

overcast

Reaction score
My current favorite is battleship. It is basically the ship puzzle game. And you have to guess the position of enemy ships. That being a classic game. I am sure many people already know about that. I think this game and another one being from the nun attacks series. I'd surely say that these are some good games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I've been playing OpenRA's game library for years now.

It basically recreates and enhances the first few Command and Conquer (bar one) games: Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert, and Dune 2000 have already been released, with Tiberian Sun and Red Alert II in active development (I like Red Alert, myself).

If you're interested in knowing more, there's an active competitive scene that has its matches recorded and screened on YouTube/Twitch. Just search for "OpenRA" and "1v1".

I've also a fondness for Warzone 2100, though I wish there were a mod that placed the multiplayer technologies into the single-player campaign.
Sounds good. I should try it some time. Fan made games and edits of old games are always great because you just know they're not in it for the money. They are just fans of the game and they would rather keep them alive in smaller servers or groups, rather than have them fade into obscurity. You gotta respect that about them. It's never about profit with these guys.

thart

Reaction score
My favorite Free-to-play game remains Killer Instinct for Xbox One though. A lot of people forget that KI is free-to-play, the game is completely free to download and has a rolling roster of free characters for people to play, not like League of Legends or Heroes.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Right now my favorite free to play game is Fallout Shelter on Steam. I think it's a neat take on the Fallout universe and I find it a lot of fun to casually build my own vault from the ground up and manage it along the way. I love the questing aspect of the game and enjoy that I can sit down and play it for 20 or 30 minutes here and there and just come back to it later to pick it up.

Eliza

Reaction score
My favorite free to play game is WWE Immortals. I didn't expect the game to be as good as it is, but the graphics are amazing, especially to be a mobile game. Though it seems that you're only tapping the screen over and over again, the game excites me and I love it.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My favorite free to play game is WWE Immortals. I didn't expect the game to be as good as it is, but the graphics are amazing, especially to be a mobile game. Though it seems that you're only tapping the screen over and over again, the game excites me and I love it.
Is that the one where you have to pay a premium or something to unlock the stronger wrestlers, which in turn lets you finish levels and rounds easier and quicker? I heard good and bad things about that mobile game but as soon as they mentioned paying for easier levels, I didn't pursue it any further. Any game that offers easier gameplay or unlocking special bonuses for the game to be easier is a no-no for me.