• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What is your favorite free-to-play game?

jurew2

Reaction score
There are a lot of games out there that are F2P and they can be even more enjoyable as the P2P games (if the community isn't bad). I don't like F2P games that are pay-to-win, because it's just unfair to the people that don't have money to spend on a game. What is your favorite F2P game and why?
My favorite F2P game right now is Warframe, probably because I just started playing it and it didn't become boring, yet, like some other games. It is also a great game where player skills matter and you probably can't pay to win. There are some items that you can buy for real money, but they aren't as game changing as the stuff you can get by just playing the game (from looting).

Squigly

Reaction score
My favorite F2P games on Steam would be DotA 2, Wakfu and Team Fortress 2. What I really like about DotA,TF2 and CS:GO is that you can actually make some money playing the game, if you're lucky with getting cosmetic drops and selling them on the Steam Market. You get to save some money when you're buying games on Steam! :p

MrHurricane

Reaction score
My favorite right now is SMITE, a 3D "behind the back" third person MOBA by HiRez Studios. Unlike LoL, I don't have to invest in runes or similar things here, which makes the game that much better and easier in my opinion. Also this makes it easier to jsut spend the points on Heroes I enjoy playing. I really like the new take that the 3rd person view gives the genre, as I enjoy roaming around and ganking unsuspecting enemies left and right.

BluBird

Reaction score
I've been playing Archeage the past few weeks and I'm currently at level 36, I absolutely hate the wait times, though... Other than that SMITE is my favorite non-steam f2p game.

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
Hands down without a doubt, my favorite Free to play game is Dota 2.
dota 2.jpg

The intense challenges you will encounter, the harsh reality of teamwork, and the disgusting taste of defeat over one tiny little mistake gives gamers an addiction for this game to be reckoned with. The amount of knowledge needed to successfully be a great DotA gamer is astounding. Learning one hero his abilities and his item builds will not win this game, Having 4 awesome teammates may not eve win this game. The items that can be bought and traded, the guilds that are made, and the skills needed to be one of the best Gamers in this game could change at a flash of a second.

Morvack

Reaction score
I am loving Tera at the moment. Tera is a good looking, skill based mmorpg that really is directly opposite from wow, combat wise. It was actually pay to play at first, but has gone free to play. I think my two favorite things is how just amazing the gear looks, and how skill based it really is. Don't move out of the way of a boss that's doing an aoe, your done for. I am also making a killing on their auction house, sense you can sell boss drops from dungeons.

Atlas_Hope

Reaction score
Dota 2 for me, one of the most addicting games i've ever played. Ridiculously competitive, fast paced and hard to learn but seriously rewarding if you put in the time and effort. My friends got me into it last year, and it's become my most played game of all time.

GamerPerson

Reaction score
For me, it's two F2P games: Tera and C9.

Tera was the VERY FIRST game to show me that not all MMORPGs are about auto attack. It blew my mind with the fact that your characters were able to attack and dodge at your command instead of you just sitting at your computer doing something else, as your character did all the work in the fights. Now, don't get me wrong, this aspect in some games doesn't bother me, but it does get stale after the100th MMORPG. The fact that it's such an open world, as well, takes my breathe away.

C9, Continental of the Ninth Seal, is a game that reminds me of Rusty Hearts with it's gameplay mechanics. You explore a dungeon that is an instance, disconnected from the rest of the game, and you use varies combos to make blows more destructive. I would recommend anyone play this game, however, you have to be aware of random kick outs of the game. Sometimes, there's an unexpected maintenance or the servers are busy. Well, the hair textures are a bit of on the bright side, you can create your characters with a decent character creation system.

primaLucid

Reaction score
My favorite game is League of Legends. I have been playing League of Legends since early 2013, and it simply never gets stale because of the constant updates, new champions, and new gamemodes that Riot (the company behind LoL) offer. League of Legends is the most played game in the world for a reason!

In League of Legends, there are two teams of 5 players with 3 lanes and a jungle. There are turrets and the objective of League is to destroy the other team's nexus or base. There are minions that spawn in each lane and jungle camps that can also be farmed to get money. You also get money for killing other champions or getting assists. League of Legends is a truly expansive game that condones teamwork, communication, and fun!

You can try League of Legends here: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=5114569483a8c681161886

Last edited:

LitoLawless

Reaction score
My favorite free-to-play game has to be DC Universe Online. I spent months on that game just playing every day. I use to play APB Reloaded a lot too. I got pretty good at it, and this was before I even got a controller! Lately, I've been getting into Marvel Heroes. I think the game is a lot of fun but I think it would have been cooler if you could create your own heroes. I play with Frank Castle and it's so weird seeing two Punishers running around, until we start tearing things apart!

Nate5

Reaction score
I like League of Legends as well. Considering the number of people playing and its popularity, it's definitely worth it to spend a bit of time understanding the game. The constantly changing meta makes it more fun, and being able to play with friends promotes camraderie and synergy. Furthermore, Riot Games is very involved in the community and listens to the suggestions of its players. They actually lose money hosting tournaments, but do so anyway to appeal to the fanbase (profit-wise, it helps promote the game and spread the word). It's a great FTP game and I look forward to seeing what the future has in store for this game.

amig0enemig0

Reaction score
My current favorite free to play game is League of legends because well it's a moba type of game. I used to play a lot of Dota 2 but honestly it got kind of boring after putting in around 300 hours lol. Another good game to play would probably have to be Path of exile, you have to try this game if your a fan of Diablo, it's honestly one of the best free to play games iv'e played in a while.

Qarnage

Reaction score
I, too have been playing League of Legends a lot recently and it's definitely the game I enjoy most at the moment. I really dig the fast gameplay and honestly, the community isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. I've had enough fun to keep playing and last season I finally hit the diamond ranking. I've been meaning to try out DotA 2 but I haven't really gotten into it yet. From the looks of it changing from LoL to DotA requires more work than the other way around, which makes me kind of anxious. Is DotA really much harder than LoL?

Rockhem

Reaction score
My favorite free to play game is War Thunder. I love playing with historically modeled tanks and planes, there is nothing like being able to drive,fly,and shoot a piece of history. It is also fun to look up your favorite planes from the game, and look at a bunch of information that might even help you play better ingame. Being historical is kinda like having a ton of lore.

Esharion

Reaction score
Despite its age, I still love TF2. The gameplay is fun, each of the classes has their own unique playstyle, and the economy is constantly fluctuating, making trading it's own little game. Valve is also constantly updating it, adding new modes, maps and weapons. I'd never thought that I'd get addicted to a war-themed hat simulator, but here we are. There's nothing like jumping onto a pub server and just smashing a round of Payload out.

Akhaim

Reaction score
Team Fortress 2. I play on a private server and we get together at least once per weekend. I don't play for the hats or for any of the other collectibles but the game is good fun, especially if you play it with friends. I always play an Engineer and I have to say that I'm quite good at it :)

Davidwhs

Reaction score
I'm fond of a game called 9Dragons. It's not very well known, but It's a game I always come back to. It's a Martial Arts game set in ancient China. It has some really good combat mechanics to it as well.

Onfroi

Reaction score
My favorite F2P game is surprisingly a web-based game called BeGone. It reminds me of counter strike but it's easier and simpler, and it sure has better graphics for a Unity game. The only downside are the sound effects among other few things, but it's perfect for a free game.

globulon

Reaction score
It'll sound stupid, but the free-to-play game I must have spent the most time on is Minesweeper! It's just perfect when you don't really feel like a gaming session or are just multi-tasking.

Pudge

Reaction score
Dota 2 is just the best deal you'll get in the free-to-play category. Every hero and item is free, and it's even possible to acquire and trade cosmetics! The constant support form Valve makes the whole deal even more amazing.

Other than that, if you liked D3 or D2, you should definitely check out Path of Exile like amig0enemig0 said.