• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What are some of your favorite classic games?

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Indeed. The Witcher has such a huge universe to explore that it would be a piece of cake to get a series out of it. The problem with adaptations is that they hardly remain faithful. Imagine Garret being played by some vanilla Hollywood actor? Meh. At any rate, as long as we don't get another Sense 8 we should be fine.
From what I've read the book writer will also be an analyst on the show so I guess he will give them some pointers regarding the actors they choose. As long as they don't choose a babyface actor for Garret it should be fine. I would love to see Brett Dalton play him, he would fit the role like a glove.

NotCasual

Reaction score
Super Mario 64 on the DS, amazing how much fun you can have on such a small device. Too bad I never found the 150th star, even my brother couldn't find it for me. Worms 2 on the PC was also quite addicting, very difficult as well. Lastly Age of Mythology, great campaign for a strategy game. Never been able to beat my brother. Can't convince my friends to play it either :(

anaatef9

Reaction score
I mean the really old ones to..

I would say either Mario or Sonic games was very fun. :)
I used to own a Sega when i was like 6 years old. I used to play duck hunt and super Mario. Super Mario that I had used to have like a 100 levels. but as far as i recall i couldn't get past level 7 or something. I still have good memories playing these games as a child.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Indeed. The Witcher has such a huge universe to explore that it would be a piece of cake to get a series out of it. The problem with adaptations is that they hardly remain faithful. Imagine Garret being played by some vanilla Hollywood actor? Meh. At any rate, as long as we don't get another Sense 8 we should be fine.
Adaptations are never faithful. Look at Game of Thrones. And since Witcher 3 is based on a book series, Netflix will create a TV show about a game about a book series. It's impossible to have the same exact stuff in there since it has gone through so many transitions and story changes to fit the current theme. Not to mention the acting, the casting choices, the CGI they will use for the monsters; one wrong pick and it can ruin the entire thing.

WarVet

Reaction score
Adaptations are never faithful. Look at Game of Thrones. And since Witcher 3 is based on a book series, Netflix will create a TV show about a game about a book series. It's impossible to have the same exact stuff in there since it has gone through so many transitions and story changes to fit the current theme. Not to mention the acting, the casting choices, the CGI they will use for the monsters; one wrong pick and it can ruin the entire thing.

Oh aye.nobody expects the exact same thing I guess. What I get pissed off about are some clear misconceptions. Take Nick Fury from the Avengers for instance. In the comic books, he had hair and was pale as a ghost. Now I'm definitely not racist and I enjoy Samuel L Jackson's work very much. But to make him Nick play Nick fury? Just inconsistent.These adaptations always feature this kind of problem.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score

Oh aye.nobody expects the exact same thing I guess. What I get pissed off about are some clear misconceptions. Take Nick Fury from the Avengers for instance. In the comic books, he had hair and was pale as a ghost. Now I'm definitely not racist and I enjoy Samuel L Jackson's work very much. But to make him Nick play Nick fury? Just inconsistent.These adaptations always feature this kind of problem.
Yeah, the Nick Fury in the X-Men Evolution TV show was a white dude with the same eyepatch. I figure they're different characters who just had the same name coincidentally, but hey, apparently they liked Jackson's portrayal so much his face and look is now the modern Nick Fury in the comics. I agree the looks may be different, but the actor pulled it off. Can't say the same for most of the casting in adaptations.

WarVet

Reaction score
Yeah, the Nick Fury in the X-Men Evolution TV show was a white dude with the same eyepatch. I figure they're different characters who just had the same name coincidentally, but hey, apparently they liked Jackson's portrayal so much his face and look is now the modern Nick Fury in the comics. I agree the looks may be different, but the actor pulled it off. Can't say the same for most of the casting in adaptations.

Is nick fury actually from X-men? I remember him from the Punisher game. So my bad if I mixed universes haha.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Is nick fury actually from X-men? I remember him from the Punisher game. So my bad if I mixed universes haha.
Nick_Fury_XME.jpg

It's this guy. Eye patch, black outfit, absolute badass. I think Jackson did a good job creating his own take on the character but still retain the qualities that made Nick Fury him, and he did a good enough job at it Stan Lee I think promised that from then on all appearances of Nick Fury will have Jackson's portrayal in mind. Now THAT is acting.

WarVet

Reaction score
View attachment 490
It's this guy. Eye patch, black outfit, absolute badass. I think Jackson did a good job creating his own take on the character but still retain the qualities that made Nick Fury him, and he did a good enough job at it Stan Lee I think promised that from then on all appearances of Nick Fury will have Jackson's portrayal in mind. Now THAT is acting.

Yeah, i like Jackson's work. He fills the "Bad ass" role perfectly. Well two words: Pulp Fiction. No need to say anything else :D

goldlady

Reaction score
Classic games are my favorites! Are the kind of games I can play over and over. Mortal Kombat was my very first game when I was just a kid and still being one of my favorites. I also love Mario. Nowadays I can still playing it non stop.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I spent lot of time in arcades playing Metal Slug: countless hours, always dying in the first levels because it was so hard, expecially for a young kid like I was. I immediately grabbed the games when they were released on Steam!
I'm also attached to The House of the Dead 2: I used to have the CD copy, and I played it a lot with my brother. Lot of fun... lots of memories...

I feel you, I LOVED the Metal Slug series. This is one of the games that I love even without a decent story line. I simply loved the gameplay of the game from start to finish, it just felt so fluid and smooth for some reason. The cartoonish character animations make it even better, my favorite ones were turning into zombies and having to fight the undead as a vomiting zombie lmao. Good times, good times.

Thammy

Reaction score
I'm trying really hard to remember their names, it's been a long while. But the ones i could remember without cracking my brain should be Super Mario, Kontra*haha! Yoyremember? And also Sonic

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I would say my favorite classic games were Metal Slug, Megaman X, Crash Bandicoot, Pacman, Tekken, and Poypoy 2. I know there are a lot more classic games that I have played, especially those that could be played on family computers but I do not remember their titles. I love playing PoyPoy 2 since it is a 4-man elimination game wherein every competitor has a pair of gloves that contains various abilities. The game revolved around using those abilities and throwing rocks or enemies to eliminate and damage them.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Probably Zeus, Poseidon, Red Alert, Yuri, Warcraft 3, Halo and House of the Dead. Lol.