• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What are some of your favorite classic games?

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Nintendo years.. Super Mario, Galaga, Battle City, Contra, Gradius, Double Dragon and TMNT. Back then, those games where a common household games because they're cheap.

This is my priced possession
https://goo.gl/images/uwWaWK

Gladdy

Reaction score
Same as the majority. Almost all of the Nintendo games. Both, NES, SNES, Gameboy... anything that Nintendo made, I most likely played at some point.

My favorites were all of the Mario's, Zelda franchise, Pokemon on the old Gameboys, Kirby, Mega Man, ... the list could go on and on. There was so many to pick from. I do miss the classic games and how good they were. The gameplay quality still blows some of the newer games out of the water :p

Pixie06

Reaction score
I loved playing Super Mario and Pac Man too. I think they were the best games I played during my childhood. There is so much memories attached to those games. I can still remember how I was struggling to play Pac Man.

WarVet

Reaction score
I loved Pitfall and River Raid for Atari. For PS1 and 2 I loved the Dino Crisis series and MGS series as well. But I have a classic game that is my all time favorite and that game is Full Throttle. It has just been remastered for PC

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Every movie that is made after popular games is a bust, so I'm glad the Prince of Persia one wasn't extremely bad. It could've been better and the story could've been more concise, but I certainly don't regret going to the cinema and seeing it. The action scenes and acting were pretty good.

Yeah, it wasn't a total disappointment (and this was the best part :sweatsmile:). I found the action scenes very creative (slightly above average :smiley:), besides the good cast and the interesting direction. It was worth having watched in theaters. :wink:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I loved playing Super Mario and Pac Man too. I think they were the best games I played during my childhood. There is so much memories attached to those games. I can still remember how I was struggling to play Pac Man.

I think Pac Man is one of the most classic and timeless games in the whole world (it's incredible to see how much this game can still be remembered :smiley:). I just simple love that game since I was a kid. :tonguewink:

Lindsy90

Reaction score
-Super Mario world 2 : Yoshi's island funny as hell,good visual style.catchy songs and great level design make it one of the best platformers in SNES.
-The legend of zelda: majora's mask. It had everything,nostalgiv feeling fot the laziness of recycling characters,good songs,challenging temples,good story, good side quest.
-Final fantasy VII.my first RPG game in 3D, i love it but thr fans overrate it.
- Super Smash Bros.Melee. tons of content.
- Conker Bad Fur Day the multiplayer was so much fun? Single player waw funny in some chapters.

Javo1096

Reaction score
For me it's the Castlevania series, I would play anything related to it. I even have an emulator with some classic Castlevania games like Aria of Sorrow, Circle of the Moon and Symphony of the Night.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Every movie that is made after popular games is a bust, so I'm glad the Prince of Persia one wasn't extremely bad. It could've been better and the story could've been more concise, but I certainly don't regret going to the cinema and seeing it. The action scenes and acting were pretty good.
That's because it's so easy to just take a book, video game, story, etc; into a movie. I hear most big Hollywood companies don't even consider making original movies anymore. If it doesn't have a pre-established fan base and a story that they know sells, they won't make it, which is a shame because most popular ones nowadays can either be taken from books, comics, or games.

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
For NES: Mario 1-3, Duck Hunt, Excite Bike, Contra, Commando, Wings 1944, Zelda 1-2,

For SNES: Super Mario World, Gradius 3, Mario Paint, F-Zero, Star Fox, Link to the Past, Super Metroid.

N64: Mario64, Golden Eye, Pokémon Stadium, ocarina of time, majoras masm, star fox 64, Mario kart, Mario party, Super Smash Bros.

GameCube: Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash, Wind Waker, four Swords Adventures, all the Mario parties for GameCube, Super Smash Bros Melee. Godzilla Destroy all Monsters Melee

Wii: smash Bros brawl, Wii sports, wii sports resort, Skyward Sword.

WiiU: smash bros, Mario 3D land, wind waker HD, Nintendo Land.

Nintendo Switch: Breath of the Wild

Xbox: Halo 1-2, Godzilla saves the earth, Call of Duty Finest Hour/Big Red One, Medal of Honor Frontline/Rising Sun, Defender.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
That's because it's so easy to just take a book, video game, story, etc; into a movie. I hear most big Hollywood companies don't even consider making original movies anymore. If it doesn't have a pre-established fan base and a story that they know sells, they won't make it, which is a shame because most popular ones nowadays can either be taken from books, comics, or games.
I reckon a movie about The Witcher would be rather interesting since they have so much history to draw from, but I'm sure they can manage to mess up an easy title like that as well. A horror movie after games like Dead Rising would also be a recipe for easy success.

Lexi

Reaction score
Mario and The Legend of Zelda hands down for me. To this day they continue to be my favorite games. Especially Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. I love them and the memories I have playing these games are irreplaceable. It's nice that we have ways now to revisit these classic games.

Okaviator

Reaction score
The classic Super Mario World on the SNES was definitely one of my favourite games. I actually still have the SNES console somewhere packed away. I'll have to go find it when I get some free time.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I reckon a movie about The Witcher would be rather interesting since they have so much history to draw from, but I'm sure they can manage to mess up an easy title like that as well. A horror movie after games like Dead Rising would also be a recipe for easy success.
They're making a movie? I thought it was gonna be a Netflix TV show or something? Anyway, it's gonna suck probably. Not expecting a lot from it. The monsters themselves rely heavily on CGI and good animation, and I don't think they have the budget to pull it off. For the most part, it's probably gonna be like monsters from Supernatural (the show) where they just act like normal people with different eyes or something.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
For me it's the Castlevania series, I would play anything related to it. I even have an emulator with some classic Castlevania games like Aria of Sorrow, Circle of the Moon and Symphony of the Night.

I think Castlevania is a great game, but it was losing strength over time. I think the new versions couldn't innovate themselves bringing good updates with each new release. :unamused:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Mario and The Legend of Zelda hands down for me. To this day they continue to be my favorite games. Especially Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. I love them and the memories I have playing these games are irreplaceable. It's nice that we have ways now to revisit these classic games.

The Legend of Zelda is an awesome game and must be remembered on any list (at least on the list of good players, of couse :smiley:). Ironically, I didn't like this game when I played it for the first time, but it didn't take long until I got addicted to it. :tonguewink:

Fuzyon

Reaction score
They're making a movie? I thought it was gonna be a Netflix TV show or something? Anyway, it's gonna suck probably. Not expecting a lot from it. The monsters themselves rely heavily on CGI and good animation, and I don't think they have the budget to pull it off. For the most part, it's probably gonna be like monsters from Supernatural (the show) where they just act like normal people with different eyes or something.
They're not making a movie as far as I know, I was just saying they could make an easy money-grab with a movie inspired from games like Dead Rising. Of course, they would need a big budget to render all that CGI, otherwise it would end in a failure like Birdemic.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
They're not making a movie as far as I know, I was just saying they could make an easy money-grab with a movie inspired from games like Dead Rising. Of course, they would need a big budget to render all that CGI, otherwise it would end in a failure like Birdemic.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the-witcher-tv-series

They're gonna try and make a TV series though. It's Netflix so you'll never know the quality of the product. I hear it has more freedom since it doesn't have to follow strict network protocol like on TV, but then that would mean lesser advertisers because of the lack of a more broad audience. But still, I'm not getting my hopes up because I've seen games turned to movies and shows before and they never end well.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the-witcher-tv-series

They're gonna try and make a TV series though. It's Netflix so you'll never know the quality of the product. I hear it has more freedom since it doesn't have to follow strict network protocol like on TV, but then that would mean lesser advertisers because of the lack of a more broad audience. But still, I'm not getting my hopes up because I've seen games turned to movies and shows before and they never end well.
Being produced by Netflix can go both ways. You either get a good show like Daredevil or a big let-down like Iron Fist (man, still salty about this show. I got extremely hyped up for it). I'm sure they can do something good with The Witcher given they have so much story to choose from.

WarVet

Reaction score
Being produced by Netflix can go both ways. You either get a good show like Daredevil or a big let-down like Iron Fist (man, still salty about this show. I got extremely hyped up for it). I'm sure they can do something good with The Witcher given they have so much story to choose from.

Indeed. The Witcher has such a huge universe to explore that it would be a piece of cake to get a series out of it. The problem with adaptations is that they hardly remain faithful. Imagine Garret being played by some vanilla Hollywood actor? Meh. At any rate, as long as we don't get another Sense 8 we should be fine.