• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What are some of your favorite classic games?

StolenKid

Reaction score
Super Mario Bros, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I think that the best old school games for me are Mario, pacman and the best of all that I enjoy in my childhood was Rayman, that was the best of all.

nickdamon

Reaction score
I used to really love Pac-Man 2 - The New Adventures and Road Rash
2usbcrq.png

hermessantos

Reaction score
I have many classic games on my top list. But I will mention just a few of them: Mario, Sonic, Daytona, Prince of Persia and Test Drive are my favorites.
Good times! :sunglasses:

thart

Reaction score
i'm going to say super mario of course. i've played it dozens of times, across severql diffrent platforms. in my opinion it's the best classic games ever.

Sino989

Reaction score
One of my all time favorite classics and i know it's pretty cliche but I would say that Pac-Man is one of my all time favorite games because it was so simple yet so fun to play.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Super Mario, Crash, The King of Fighters, Sonic, Fatal Fury and Dragon Ball easily enter on list of favorite classic games. Good times and great memories! Sometimes I wished the time to come back for me to have the unprecedented pleasure of playing them again. :tongueclosed:

kenoobie

Reaction score
I remember one of my favorites used to be Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Even though I beat the game I would still play it of 200% completion. The game has tons of secret areas and treasures waiting to be discovered.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
That's some good taste right there. Majora's Mask takes the cake for me as well, and it's up there with Super Metroid, Earthbound and Mega Man X. I just have a sweet spot for retrogames. (And, huh, another one for gloomy games, apparently)

WildSpirit

Reaction score

Oh, my... Super Mario Bros is amazing! It's a game so simple but at the same time so incredible that it has become a timeless game. I had a phase of addiction in it when I was a kid (as well as millions of other children :tonguewink:).

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Definitely the whole Prince of Persia series. I remember playing the games around the 2000 era and I was blown away by the level of detail, graphics and cutscenes they were able to achieve with that technology. The games were way ahead of their time, I reckon people would still enjoy them today.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Super Mario 3 and Prince of Persia are my favorite ones, for sure! Ms. Pac-Man is also one of the greatest classics of all time. Almost everyone, from my grandma to a 5 years old kid has played it.
I have been a big fan of Super Mario.It is one of the best classic game we all played. Prince of Persia has been common to everyone.I played it many times.It was new and interesting at that time.A prince jump over the arcade and dies if we would not play it right.It is also made into movie.These two games has been used by all my friends.We talked about which stage we have reached in Super Mario.What are the difficulties we face in it and how to solve the hurdles to reach next level.

Vyck

Reaction score
Is Crash Bandicoot considered classic? That was the best game ever for my 8 year-old self. I played the very first version on the very first Playstation and it was great. Graphics great for the early 90's and the story was entertaining and easy enough for me to follow. One of my all time favorites for sure.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I'm all about strategy games in the PC. I played them a lot as a kid. Red Alert 2, Rise of Nations, Civ 3, Age of Mythology, Warcraft 3. Not only were they great games with amazing campaign and replay value, they also had very little system requirements, so my poor PC could handle them. I still play them from time to time these days out of nostalgia. Games these days have insane graphics and a multitude of quests with different endings, but at the end of the day these games will always be the best.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I spent lot of time in arcades playing Metal Slug: countless hours, always dying in the first levels because it was so hard, expecially for a young kid like I was. I immediately grabbed the games when they were released on Steam!
I'm also attached to The House of the Dead 2: I used to have the CD copy, and I played it a lot with my brother. Lot of fun... lots of memories...
Lmao me too. I played Contra as a kid and I swear I couldn't get past the first few levels. One hit and you're out, I have no clue how players got around to those when the enemies just keep spraying bullets everywhere you went. I got frustrated and stopped and simply played Crash Bandicoot and stuff because it's more of my taste, and I don't die as often.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Definitely the whole Prince of Persia series. I remember playing the games around the 2000 era and I was blown away by the level of detail, graphics and cutscenes they were able to achieve with that technology. The games were way ahead of their time, I reckon people would still enjoy them today.

I think Prince of Persia is a good game :smiley:, but just for curiosity: Did you like the movie? (If you have already watched, of course :sweatsmile:) I think it was a good movie but could have been so much better.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I think Prince of Persia is a good game :smiley:, but just for curiosity: Did you like the movie? (If you have already watched, of course :sweatsmile:) I think it was a good movie but could have been so much better.
I heard the movie bombed so hard I preferred not to watch it and tarnish the memories I had with Sands of Time which was a 10/10 in my book. The movie was a flop with low ratings and an even lower chance to get a sequel, so most players of the franchise just chalk it up to a bad memory that will eventually be forgotten.

ZXD22

Reaction score
Growing up with Sonic the Hedge Hog, Super Mario 64, and a true classic for my family at least, Jackal. Loved playing with my mom and dad on that game but my mom would get so frustrated as she was always lose and die to the mega tank at the end lol. Good memories that I wish we could bring back again.

overcast

Reaction score
I think there are just too many too list. Let's say starting from Mario and Sonic. Then I have my favorite Contra game. Then things like those platformer games like zelda. Then there were some of the games like pooyan and bomberman. Lot of games to list and plenty of games to chooose from there as well.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Every movie that is made after popular games is a bust, so I'm glad the Prince of Persia one wasn't extremely bad. It could've been better and the story could've been more concise, but I certainly don't regret going to the cinema and seeing it. The action scenes and acting were pretty good.