• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What are some of the best mobile games?

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Used to play a lot of Modern Combat 4 and it is really good. The storyline was great so you could play it even without connection to the internet. The multiplayer aspect of it too was fun but the controls were a bit wonky. Then Modern Combat 5 happened and it really felt like a downgrade and internet connection was a requirement in MC5 so I never bothered with the sequel.
^^THIS
I also felt really disappointed with Modern Combat 5 because of the same reason. I also felt like the story wasn't as immersive as Modern Combat 4, the game felt like everything is so linear and repetitive. I guess that was the con for offering free to play. I also hated my character there, there wasn't a lot of character development for me. I remember deleting the game after around 2 hours of play time (including the time waiting for energy).

airfightermax

Reaction score
^^THIS
I also felt really disappointed with Modern Combat 5 because of the same reason. I also felt like the story wasn't as immersive as Modern Combat 4, the game felt like everything is so linear and repetitive. I guess that was the con for offering free to play. I also hated my character there, there wasn't a lot of character development for me. I remember deleting the game after around 2 hours of play time (including the time waiting for energy).
I know, right? Modern Combat felt like it was made with multiplayer aspect at its core, thus requiring network connection at all times, which was a bad move IMO.

Modern Combat 4 was made with the story at its core. Which what made me love it more. Sometimes I'll replay missions, especially the mission where you get to be in a moving Jeep fighting off enemy soldiers. That mission was done so well and it even had slow motion sequences and it genuinely felt like an action movie for me :D

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I know, right? Modern Combat felt like it was made with multiplayer aspect at its core, thus requiring network connection at all times, which was a bad move IMO.

Modern Combat 4 was made with the story at its core. Which what made me love it more. Sometimes I'll replay missions, especially the mission where you get to be in a moving Jeep fighting off enemy soldiers. That mission was done so well and it even had slow motion sequences and it genuinely felt like an action movie for me :D

Yesss I loved that mission too! The action there was intense! After playing the game, I generally thought that "Wow, so this is how far we've gone to on mobile gaming", because I felt like the game actually had a lot of effort put into it to be the game that it was. I felt like I wasn't playing a generic mobile game, and then Modern Combat 5 came along, which pretty much integrated the things I didn't like in generic mobile games, like a LOT less immersion.

Pixie06

Reaction score
Yes i agree with you that Temple Run gives a new twist to ricing games but in a sophisticated way. I like Subway Surfer too, but i don't know how people reach that high level, because it seems a bit hard to me.
I completely forgot about Temple Run. I used to play this on my nephew's tablet. I will be downloading this game soon. I was recently playing a similar game like Subway Surfer. Basically in this game called BMX Bike Rider you have to ride a bicycle and try your best to avoid obstacles on the road.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
My two favorite mobile games are Asphalt Extreme and Minecraft. With Minecraft being my favorite game because I can play with PC, IOS and Android players at the same time. I love playing Minecraft online why I am waiting at the doctor's office or wherever I am waiting. It really has pass the time, minutes seem like seconds.

iTommy

Reaction score
My two favorite mobile games are Asphalt Extreme and Minecraft. With Minecraft being my favorite game because I can play with PC, IOS and Android players at the same time. I love playing Minecraft online why I am waiting at the doctor's office or wherever I am waiting. It really has pass the time, minutes seem like seconds.
I have not played Minecraft yet and I tried to search info about this game on Google but I don't know why more people are liking playing it while it has a low quality graphic like that.
What are the main reasons why Minecraft is liked by more people? Can you share me a video gameplay about Minecraft?

thart

Reaction score
I completely forgot about Temple Run. I used to play this on my nephew's tablet. I will be downloading this game soon. I was recently playing a similar game like Subway Surfer. Basically in this game called BMX Bike Rider you have to ride a bicycle and try your best to avoid obstacles on the road.
Ohhh this game look interesting to give it a try, BMX Bike Rider, thanks for the idea. And try to play Temple Run again, there is some good new upgrades and it's so fun.

lindbergh

Reaction score
Hey dude, I've got a lot of recommendations for ya. I love mobile games and I play everyday. So, here you go:
  1. Virtua Tennis (paid) - top tennis game for mobile. If you hate tennis and don't want to pay, then move on to the next
  2. Infinity Blade (iOS exculsive, paid game) - an awesome action game with RPG elements. It's not free though, so, if you're on a budget, move on.
  3. Warhammer Space Wolf - a free to play strategy mech game. It doesn't need internet connection. However, it requires a huge amount of storage space.
  4. Warhammer Freeblade - another game in the warhammer series. Also doesn't need internet connection but requires a large amount of storage.
  5. Shadow Fight - one of the best fighting games on mobile. Requries downloading additional data after every chapter.
  6. Basketball hero(currently only on Android) - the best online PvP basketball game.
  7. Shadowgun: Deadzone - Probably the best online MOBA third person shooter on mobile
  8. Heavenstrike - a nice free tactics RPG by Square.
  9. Poker Heat - fun online poker game if you're into poker.
  10. GunBound - a perfect remake of the once popular PC game.

Pixie06

Reaction score
Ohhh this game look interesting to give it a try, BMX Bike Rider, thanks for the idea. And try to play Temple Run again, there is some good new upgrades and it's so fun.
I downloaded it yesterday and I can say that I got addicted to it. I normally don't play mobile games at home but yesterday I did it and played till my phone battery got low. This is a very good and fun game.

Yiskah

Reaction score
I have a love hate relationship with my phone games/apps. The reason i hate them is the same reason I love them! So for over two years now I have been obsessed with Jurassic World (before I started on Jurassic World I spent a few years building up a park on Jurassic Park) and Best Fiends. I'm on them always that is why I also hate them cause I spend why to much time on them. I am so close to having every thing completed and built on them then wham new updates and its never ending. My problem is I'm a completionist!

overcast

Reaction score
I think recently there are some of launch of the simulators which can run old games. So that's something you can take a look at. Also the Injustice 2 will be on the mobile form real soon. So Android and iOS is something you;'d be able to play with. I'd surely download once I get it on the google play store.