• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What are some good games you can play over and over again?

leahcim132

Reaction score
For me, it has to be Counter Strike Global Offensive. Though the concept is simple (kill all the enemies to win or complete the objective based on your side), it is very competitive and requires some form of teamwork especially when you play in a group of 5 people. There's also a bunch of different modes you can play on made by the game developers and by the community. All in all, it's a really fun game with a lot of replayability.

Are there any other games where you can play endlessly?

PingPongCall

Reaction score
Star Ocean 3. There is so much crap to do in that game that even after ten years I'm still not tired of playing it. Also Skyrim, but that's really just an obvious one isn't it.

Jasmine2015

Reaction score
I like to play the classic arcade games like Pac-Man. I could spend hours coming up with new patterns trying to avoid the ghosts and eat the fruits bouncing around the board. But honestly I think that any game You like best will be the game you will play again and again. I think any games that tend to have a lot of side quests is something you can play over and over. Doing the side quests you never did the first time can make a difference on how much easier the game is to play.

Squigly

Reaction score
Binding of Isaac, FTL and most rogue-likes in general offer lots or replayability since no two playthroughs are the same.

Alternatively MOBAs like DotA and League of Legends also have loads of replayability content, with almost limitless permutations of heroes and item choices between games.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
Binding of Isaac, FTL and most rogue-likes in general offer lots or replayability since no two playthroughs are the same.

Alternatively MOBAs like DotA and League of Legends also have loads of replayability content, with almost limitless permutations of heroes and item choices between games.
The binding on Issac is SO GOD DAMN Hard. It makes me unbelievably angry. I can never seem to stop playing it though, I wish it was on a head held though.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
I also tried really hard to get into Dota, but that game has a straight stupid learning curve.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
Did anyone hear ever play th edonkey Kong country Hames on the snes. Those can be replayed over and over and over. They're just so much God damn fun.

Squigly

Reaction score
I also tried really hard to get into Dota, but that game has a straight stupid learning curve.

Well you could always start off with League of Legends. They can't deny that it's a much easier game, huehuehue.

syaota

Reaction score
I found that was the case with a lot of the Call of Duty's and also Red Dead Redemption. They're both action packed and have a lot of great missions.

Steamroller

Reaction score
It isn't surprising that multiplayer games offer endless hours of gameplay. I'm going to list gaming series that are not strictly an online experience and have high replayability.

Dark Souls series: Finishing one of them takes around 50 hours. But certainly the average player will not put aside these titles before investing at least +200 hours, Me personally invest more than 300 hours with Dark souls and is highly likely I'll replay it someday. Everyone return to face the challenges of a Souls game.

Planescape Torment: A tricky recommendation, since this title is a heavily story driven one and I dare to say has the best history ever told . You incarnate a amnesiac guy with no name struggling to discover his hideous past. You know a unique set of companions that will be influenced by your moral choices, and everytime I replay it, I notice something new didn't saw in previous playthroughs.

Fallout 2: The good Ol' fallout. When Black Isle Studio was the pinnacle of rpg videogame developing. You start as a chosen tribal to accomplish a simple mission: retrieve a G.E.C.K. A technology that terraforms a barren wasteland in a suitable enviroment for thriving life. But as you can expect, is not easy task to find something so advanced in a decadent, radiated and salvaged Mojave Desert. Accompany your character in an unforgettable experience discovering the last bastions of humanity and Monty Python references! Fallout has tons of Sidequest ad you can make ur own path and approach to solve them, and there are only two g.e.c.k.s in the game, It's up to you which path should take to retrieve it.

Fallout New Vegas: Unlike the retarded melting pot that was Fallout 3. New Vegas keeps true to the saga's origins and delivers a great experience somewhat crippled by a shoddy engine. You are a courier incidentally put in the middle of a geopolitical conflict in Mojave between New California Republic, Caesar's Legion Authoritarian regime and Mr. House Technocracy's aspiration. You can pick sides with one of the major factions and your actions will affect your global reputation.

Patched Jagged Alliance 2: Call of Duty?Medal of Honor? Rainbow Six? Counter Strike? Hah! Children's games. The true hardcore ones play the best squad tactics ever made. And was by a canadian developer studio! Thanks Canada!. Anyway, you have only a mission: kill queen deidranna, the Arulco Tyrant. You have plenty of liberty to approach this mission and hire the mercenaries that suit your playstyle best. Full Assault? Covered. One Man's army Night Ops? Covered. Sniper's camping? Check. Stab and hide? Also check. You can even finish the mission in less than 30 minutes, or spend weeks seizing control over arulco earning money and gearing up ur mercs. Never grow tired of playing it.

Luddy420

Reaction score
Any game with good online play, I can usually play for quite a while. Especially first person shooters like the Call of Duty & Battlefield series. Talking strictly single players, really any of the big open world games like Grand Theft Auto V or Skyrim and Fallout 4. The game has to offer some good replayability for me to come back to it often.

pwarbi

Reaction score
I have to agree, and I think that these days especially, if a game as got a good online content and it gets regularly updated, then that's all a game needs to make it last.

GTA 4 is the prime example of this, and even now Rockstar are constantly offering new downloads that are being added.

thefratman

Reaction score
Oblivion is one of those games I love replaying because of the wealth of options I have to make my character, do the story and play the rest of the game.

And that's not even counting the game breaking exploits.

OutOfSpoons

Reaction score
So far, I've played through Portal about 5 times at least. I don't know why, there's just something really interesting and enthralling about the atmosphere; it just feels so lonely. I also love solving the puzzles over and over for whatever reason. I also had to run through the game again for a YouTube playthrough.

I also find myself playing Subnautica a ton. Every update brings something cool and new to explore and try out. And there's always the option of building the most awesome base ever.

NotCasual

Reaction score
The Total War series.
The campaign is about as addictive as a campaign can get. Trying to finish it as one faction such as England, will leave you with dozens of hours of gameplay, while never getting bored. However, the magic begins when you start the campaign as a different faction. Nearly everything changes. The units that are available to you, the allies you'll have, and the strategy you'll try to use to conquer Europe. This will keep the game fresh, and pretty much impossible to get bored of.

The thing is that you'll really have to give it a try. It seems boring and overcomplicated at first, but once you dive into it, it becomes absolutely marvelous.

fcuco

Reaction score
I still play Quake 3 from time to time, I no longer play online (you can still find people playing!) I simply play against the machine, not very challenging but also relaxing, I also play the original Counter Strike with some bots, I don't know why but I find online playing to be very stressful. I also think that racing games have a lot of replay value.

Kelly1

Reaction score
Sесrеt оf Mаnа!
By tоdаy's stаndаrds, it's nоthing spесiаl, but I plаy it аgаin еvеry 3-4 yеаrs.
It brings mе bасk tо my сhildhооd, I usеd tо plаy this аll thе timе with my twо bеst friеnds аt thе timе, it wаs thе first RPG thаt аllоwеd us tо plаy tоgеthеr аnd оn Supеr Nintеndо, it wаs аblе tо ассоmmоdаtе аll 3 оf us. Wе rеlаyеd this gаmе hundrеds оf timеs оvеr а соuplе оf yеаrs.
It wаs еpiс in lеngth аnd hаd а sеriоus lеvеl оf upgrаdеаblе еquipmеnt, thе stоry wаs а littlе сliсhе, but nоt hоrriblе, thе gаmеplаy mаdе up fоr it, it wаs, tо mе аt lеаst, thе grаndfаthеr оf асtiоn RPGs.

reginafalange

Reaction score
Any from Need for Speed imho, I think these games are very entertaining and are my favorites.

Robbie626

Reaction score
Freedom Fighters is a game I can play over and over again. The game is so short, but has 4 different difficulty levels to test the player's ability. The game has a good story that gets you to play over and over again.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
For me, it has to be Counter Strike Global Offensive. Though the concept is simple (kill all the enemies to win or complete the objective based on your side), it is very competitive and requires some form of teamwork especially when you play in a group of 5 people. There's also a bunch of different modes you can play on made by the game developers and by the community. All in all, it's a really fun game with a lot of replayability.

Are there any other games where you can play endlessly?

I used to play CS:GO daily, for hours, but mostly when I had a team. It was fun. When you end up with 4 random dudes, even worse children that are 8 and they start calling you names it can be quite annoying. Yeah, there is a mute button, but that might as well mean losing some precious information over voice at times.

Other game where I really I lost hours and hours, even sleepless nights, was ARK. I had my own server and about 4, 5 friends playing. We played PVE and built a lot. We also played a lot on PVP servers before I actually rented my own server. Both are fun, but PVP can be quite messed up and you can abuse it easily.

And one more to add, minecraft. Building all day and night :)