• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What are some good games you can play over and over again?

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I like to play the classic arcade games like Pac-Man. I could spend hours coming up with new patterns trying to avoid the ghosts and eat the fruits bouncing around the board. But honestly I think that any game You like best will be the game you will play again and again. I think any games that tend to have a lot of side quests is something you can play over and over. Doing the side quests you never did the first time can make a difference on how much easier the game is to play.

I feel the same way about games like Pac Man, Galaga, Space Invaders, etc. I love these old games, and playing them is an homage to my childhood, and they bring back memories for me, but, that being said, I think there is some merit in playing these rote pattern games in terms of developing certain new neural patterns in your strategic mind, if that makes any sense.

peachpurple

Reaction score
In my opinion, 100 doors, this is the best game that you can keep playing over and over again. It helps to test your memory, whether you can remember how to solve the mystery door to escape. Both my son and I are fanatic

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I just realized something and after browsing all the previous comments; is nobody really planning on mentioning Metal Slug!? Oh c'mon! I think the Metal Slug series deserved to be said here as well, the game isn't much and it's quite simple in fact, but there's no denying that it's still one of the best arcade games I've ever played and it's still fun to replay the game over and over again until now that I'm a lot older.

SeanP

Reaction score
I don't usually replay JRPGs, but for some reason, I keep coming back to Chrono Trigger. The game is so charming. Even though the story is a little simplistic, the game's world has enough depth to justify revisits. For a game of its era, Chrono Trigger's story has significant variance in how the story can play out. I completely missed Magus when I first played through the game, and I only recently learned that it has multiple endings.

I also find myself coming back to most of the Metroid series. Fusion is linear to the extent that replaying it is not as fun, but Super Metroid and the Prime series constantly draw me back with their atmosphere and collectables. I always resist the temptation to check guides, so I can make sure that there is always something new to find.

sima061

Reaction score
GTA San Andreas, I guess I have nice memories of the times I played it, so I like to play again. Plus, it's always fun to steer away from the actual storyline and just make up your own as you go lol
That's something I can do over and over again, but not the actual storyline.

CS 1.6 I like to start every once in a while, but I just can't keep up with it, it gets boring much sooner than the first time I actually started playing it.

amine erraji

Reaction score
I have never played Fallout 3 because I went directly for Fallout 4 when it was released.

Is Fallout 3 worth getting into? I might buy it this week...
it's really fun to play the graphiques are not that great but the story is so amazing if you like fallout 4 you will enjoy the f3, you should try it man.

Moaz

Reaction score
For me, I do not get bored from Call of Duty games and especially Call of duty: Ghosts..At all I don't get bored from FPS games..and I am sure that the day I'll get bored from these games will never come.

kgord

Reaction score
My son also loves to play the Call of Duty Games. He plays those with other people who have some like ideas so I think he is pretty happy playing the game. I am not sure what version he is playing but he spends alot of his free time playing and enjoying the game so it is something that is played alot.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
It has to be Defense of the Ancients 2 for me even though I play most of the time with my friends because I find it really frustrating at times when losing fights. The game really encourages teamwork and strategy. Without those, you are bound to lose unless you are in luck to be against inexperienced players. I pair with my friends so that in case we are unfortunate to have beginners as teammates, we will have a better chance on winning.
I play Minecraft once in a while though and I visit different servers when I do so.

Pixie06

Reaction score
It will be the Need for Speed games for me. I remember the first Need for Speed game that I was playing on PC. I was so addicted to it and then came the new Need for Speed games. They were definitely better. I am still playing the new Need for Speed games on my PS3 every now and then. I can just never be bored playing those games.

airfightermax

Reaction score
it's really fun to play the graphiques are not that great but the story is so amazing if you like fallout 4 you will enjoy the f3, you should try it man.
Ah, I should give it a shot then :D

I really liked fallout 4 but my laptop can't play it at decent graphics so I'm really struggling on advancing the storyline (The frames are abysmal too at low settings) I guess I could try this out and If I like it :D

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I also tried really hard to get into Dota, but that game has a straight stupid learning curve.
Yeah I agree with the whole learning curve. I've been playing it since 2008 and it took lots of practice to learn all heroes and items, and basic strategies while playing with other people as well. I've played tons of hours since then, and even before Dota 2 came out. I can't imagine how newer players must feel with all the heroes, items, skills, and tactics you have to learn to even win a game in a ranked match.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the whole learning curve. I've been playing it since 2008 and it took lots of practice to learn all heroes and items, and basic strategies while playing with other people as well. I've played tons of hours since then, and even before Dota 2 came out. I can't imagine how newer players must feel with all the heroes, items, skills, and tactics you have to learn to even win a game in a ranked match.
Have not really tried playing DOTA 2, but I do play League of Legends. I myself, find League of Legends difficult to play and my friends said DOTA is significantly harder especially DOTA 2.

Is it really that hard? Compared to League, how hard is it?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Have not really tried playing DOTA 2, but I do play League of Legends. I myself, find League of Legends difficult to play and my friends said DOTA is significantly harder especially DOTA 2.

Is it really that hard? Compared to League, how hard is it?
Never tried League but watched someone who did. Dota 2 has different heroes, and each hero has a different skill set, with different finger assignments for the keyboard shortcut. Then the item builds, then actual farming and last hitting; it's more like if you don't know MOBA you would struggle with it at first since you wouldn't know what to do at each part of the game when you have goals at certain times that you have to accomplish.

Deathisue

Reaction score
There is a lot of games you can play for years without even boring, for now i just only recommend you the Souls saga and League of Legends, the first is very challenging and only a masochistic can finish all their games, it really worth the time and the money and with all the dlc that From Software created you have a lot of time to play, for other side you can find League of Legends, is a f2p moba with a adictive gameplay, a lot of characters and with a challenging atmosphere, that are my two recommendations.

Jameson

Reaction score
One game I like to play over and over is FIFA.Its great because you can have friends over and compete against each other.

lindbergh

Reaction score
There are certain genres that motivate you to play over and over again like puzzle games, fighting games, and online games. On the other hand, there are certain games that have very little replay value, especially story driven games like RPGs. Anyways, here's a list of games which I think has a lot of replay value and which you can play over and over again:

Consoles:
-Tekken
-Halo
-GTA
-Smash Bros
-NBA 2K

PC
-Counter Strike
-Red Alert
-DotA
-League of Legends

Mobile
-ShadowGun: DeadZone
-Basketball Hero
-Golf Clash
-Mobile Legends
-Clash of Clans

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I actually find that I can play HALO again and again, and I really like Mortal Combat type games just for the mindless fun and violence and the competitor modes with friends and family.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I just realized something and after browsing all the previous comments; is nobody really planning on mentioning Metal Slug!? Oh c'mon! I think the Metal Slug series deserved to be said here as well, the game isn't much and it's quite simple in fact, but there's no denying that it's still one of the best arcade games I've ever played and it's still fun to replay the game over and over again until now that I'm a lot older.

I'm glad to see someone else remembers Metal Slug! I would love to play again the Metal Slug series (except the 3D), Megaman X, and Crash Bandicoot games! Back then, it felt like those games are the epitome of video games. Hearing those titles really do make me feel nostalgic, since I have been playing a lot of them when I was younger.

streettallest

Reaction score
For me its Mincraft. Its an adventure game that sure engages the mind in a positive manner. This is one of such games that sharpens one's thinking ability. Its experiences rises from our day to day encounter. I have recommended it to a lot of my friends, and the good part is that its free.