• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

We have a major problem

Guardian_EN

Reaction score
That's a treasonous act in rp and we took action.

The rest you just said I will not even bother to respond. Just quit playing the victim card.
I'm pointing out a problem and creating a rebuttal to your statement of "you've blown every chance you've been given" I'm not playing the victim I'm stating facts.

Korjak

Reaction score
Take @Prophet for example, he used to be a minge and was perm banned multiple times, look at him now, he's mature, respectful and serious but nobody sees that, all they see is the mingy prophet

its not hard to be "serious" minging is just more fun to do tbh

Geralt

Reaction score
Now, I honestly don't know much about this situation but from a (sort of) outsiders perspective I would honestly think about giving Prophet another shot. From what I've seen out of Prophet he has been super friendly to me and I haven't seen any minge whatsoever. I say give him another shot and if he messes it up again then thats final. But I really don't see anything bad about Prophet right now. He has even gone as far as to teach me more about PAC and make me stuff for it. I haven't seen him minge once. So just my opinion and as for Guardian, I know nothing about him/her so I have no comment about that.

Ryan790790

Reaction score
I've said this before in some threads but now I'm bringing it up on its own topic. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES its part of being imperfect humans WE DO STUPID SHIT, Everyone has done some stupid shit and fucked up MULTIPLE times but you know what helps us not dwell on our mistakes? Forgiveness and second chances. Where would this world be today if nobody ever got a second chance? think about it.
This community has a tendency to see someone make a mistake and NEVER give them a second chance. Take @Prophet

Alright I'm gonna go ahead and stop you right about here, Prophet has been given multiple chances at redeeming himself and it seems to go back to his normal self, intentions now are unknown due to aging but its the usual and kind thing for humans to do in which we give people second chances. However, this should not be the principle in the community when it comes to second chances, when you fuck up, you fuck up, move on from it and prove you are a better person. If you do something to get yourself perma-banned from something whatever it may be, you did something in which you knew the outcome of, you need to think about stuff before hand rather than just go out and blatantly do it. Using Prophet as an example is like taking a scissor and cutting away any chance at an argument that in which case would be presumably valid depending on your stance. I person have given Prophet many chances during my days as admin for CW and 2LT for the 91st and it never worked out, even convincing my commander @Korjak to let him stay see if he straightens out, but he didn't and he was kicked for mingery and just not follow orders. Even when it came to follow the rules of the server he failed to do so, that is why he was banned for a very long time before, and came back with a new account to redeem himself. I'm sure @Matt , @ASC , and @Korjak could back me up on this. All in all you shot yourself in the foot on this one.

Matt6868

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
Alright I'm gonna go ahead and stop you right about here, Prophet has been given multiple chances at redeeming himself and it seems to go back to his normal self, intentions now are unknown due to aging but its the usual and kind thing for humans to do in which we give people second chances. However, this should not be the principle in the community when it comes to second chances, when you fuck up, you fuck up, move on from it and prove you are a better person. If you do something to get yourself perma-banned from something whatever it may be, you did something in which you knew the outcome of, you need to think about stuff before hand rather than just go out and blatantly do it. Using Prophet as an example is like taking a scissor and cutting away any chance at an argument that in which case would be presumably valid depending on your stance. I person have given Prophet many chances during my days as admin for CW and 2LT for the 91st and it never worked out, even convincing my commander @Korjak to let him stay see if he straightens out, but he didn't and he was kicked for mingery and just not follow orders. Even when it came to follow the rules of the server he failed to do so, that is why he was banned for a very long time before, and came back with a new account to redeem himself. I'm sure @Matt , @ASC , and @Korjak could back me up on this.
I don't remembet

Ace1649

Reaction score
So your saying that if someone makes a bad first impression but straightens their act out and changes for the better we should ignore it and treat them like they stole money from the server ? @MrMcDiverman @David @Blasty @Skip
I'm not going to throw out names here but someone did just that and Stole Hundreds of dollars maybe more from the server and was given a second chance. why shouldn't people like Prophet or myself get the same opportunities or respect ? so yeah we used to minge, we used to INTENTIONALLY fail RP, so what? as of now we do our best to be serious and not minge yet we still are held back from progressing. Coming from personal experience, it really sucks when you try so hard to do what your supposed to only to be SHOT DOWN and HATED ON for trying to progress. literally being told "I will do everything in my power to make sure you don't get commander" - @Octavion or "you have no chance" - @Ace1649 or even "I will make sure you get PKd if you get commander" - also @Octavion
now here is the thing. there are people in this community that look past the mistakes we have made @MurkyEagle173 @Flash @Agent Overdrive and try and help us succeed and commend the progress we have made and encourage us to "keep up the good work". Jokester gave me a second chance, and look where it got me. Now I'm being pushed to run for commander of all things. the point here is a second chance can go a long way. Instead of being told we cant we are being told WE CAN. trust me, its a lot easier to be serious when being told "good job" because it encourages you to keep it up rather than being told "your shit and should die" which has an almost opposite effect.

That's because there are more capable people running.... But rip

Cyan_EN

FO Super Admin
Reaction score
I've said this before in some threads but now I'm bringing it up on its own topic. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES its part of being imperfect humans WE DO STUPID SHIT, Everyone has done some stupid shit and fucked up MULTIPLE times but you know what helps us not dwell on our mistakes? Forgiveness and second chances. Where would this world be today if nobody ever got a second chance? think about it.
This community has a tendency to see someone make a mistake and NEVER give them a second chance. Take @Prophet for example, he used to be a minge and was perm banned multiple times, look at him now, he's mature, respectful and serious but nobody sees that, all they see is the mingy prophet. He has now quit the server because nobody gave him a second chance. This attitude needs to stop, people change. Prisoners that have murdered, raped or stolen eventually get a second chance (depending on severity) Why cant this community give people who have fucked up a second chance too. AND YES of all people its me posting this because who else would.

I'm making this reply from not reading the others, they look too long. But here is my tidbit of the whole "situation". It's going to be long, so a tl;dr is in order. Tldr is that sure, people make mistakes, but make enough of them and you'll piss off the wrong people. Saying that, I'll begin.

So, Prophet, I'll agree that he is a very respectful person at his current point, and while it is unfortunate that he has left this community, it is his own fault. Everything he did led up to this point, and if he would've just stopped, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but instead, he continued until he knew he was in deep shit, then attempted to play the victim in the end, which just pissed off more people, you making this thread really isn't helping him at all.

Prophet could've and can still change, as it is apparent with his most recent behavior (before he left the community). Though the damage was well-dealt enough to where only small part of the community actually respected him, because of his previous offenses. Let's take this into a real-life scenario. A man has just stepped out of jail, convicted of murder, rape, and theft, you can't expect him to be instantly welcomed into the world, he has to abandon his past completely and start anew, Prophet attempted to do this by leaving Medics, and going under a new name, but couldn't commit, and so now he has left the community in a fit of anger because he wasn't automatically respected. Going back to the convict, the convict can't just say "I'll never do that again" and instantly gain the trust of others, it takes time, A LOT of time, he just didn't give the community enough time to respect him again.

Also, making this thread is probably just pouring salt into the wound, drawing more and more attention to this "problem" is leading to more problems, more arguments, and more anger toward each other, though skimming over the replies, I notice that they are actually intellectual and instead of biting at each-others throats, people are actually discussing things in a proper manner, which I love personally.

How to fix this "issue"? Let it fix itself until attention is needed toward this kind of topic, it's one person, not five, ten, heck even twenty, it's a single person, and a single problem, which can fix itself by letting time pass, and forgetting about it. If Prophet ever decides to come back, the right decision would be to suck it up and deal with the few people who will still dislike him, because you can't please everyone. The internet is not a safe space full of caring people, it's a wasteland of people trying to escape the world. The only way this could be an actual problem is if people are taking his online behavior as his real-life behavior, people go online to develop a new persona, a new alias, something to hide behind, and of what I see, no one is saying that Prophet is an asshole irl, so this "issue" isn't really an issue, just biased opinions.

MrMcDiverman

Reaction score
I'm pointing out a problem and creating a rebuttal to your statement of "you've blown every chance you've been given" I'm not playing the victim I'm stating facts.

No, I'm talking about this whole post you've created. You're asking basically for people to give you more chances to prove what? To prove you're no longer mingy or you're "changing for the better"?

All I'm saying is why do you demand respect so much? Have you deserved it? Hell no! It's earned through other means. Not bitching on a forum post about how everyone "bullys" you. You have no one but yourself to blame for the way you act on this server or community whatever you wanna role with.

Same with second chances. Only people who learn from there mistakes not repeat them get those luxuries. You go back on your word more than anyone I have met on this server or have ever met in General.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guardian_EN

Reaction score
No, I'm talking about this whole post you've created. You're asking basically for people to give you more chances to prove what? To prove you're no longer mingy or you're "changing for the better"?

All I'm saying is why do you demand respect so much? Have you deserved it? Hell no! It's earned through other means. Not bitching on a forum post about how everyone "bullys" you. You have no one but yourself to blame for the way you act on this server or community whatever you wanna role with.

Same with second chances. Only people who learn from there mistakes not repeat them get those luxuries. You go back on your word more than anyone I have met on this server or have ever met.
Maybe your right, I should just leave and get away from this cancerous attitude, or maybe ill stay and prove further that people change and in the meantime you can sit on your ass and say "I don't deserve respect" while I bust MY ass to do my part in keeping 212th running so I can go help 104th

That's because there are more capable people running.... But rip
I understand that, I was hoping that the commanders would Give us all LT and work together for a week then promote Deedee, because I think its fucked up when someone who is in the battalion is capable or running it gets side swiped by someone who just wants the position. that's the reason I was against murky running for 212th CO, because Rachel and Peanut are more than capable

Last edited by a moderator:

Cнroмα

Reaction score
Guys, calm down, please. This may be a #triggered post but still, this is the forums, calm down or a forum staff may stumble into this thread and slap a lock on this thread.

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
Guys, calm down, please. This may be a #triggered post but still, this is the forums, calm down or a forum staff may stumble into this thread and slap a lock on this thread.
>When you have already stumbled onto the thread then stumbled out of it.