• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

We have a major problem

Guardian_EN

Reaction score
I've said this before in some threads but now I'm bringing it up on its own topic. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES its part of being imperfect humans WE DO STUPID SHIT, Everyone has done some stupid shit and fucked up MULTIPLE times but you know what helps us not dwell on our mistakes? Forgiveness and second chances. Where would this world be today if nobody ever got a second chance? think about it.
This community has a tendency to see someone make a mistake and NEVER give them a second chance. Take @Prophet for example, he used to be a minge and was perm banned multiple times, look at him now, he's mature, respectful and serious but nobody sees that, all they see is the mingy prophet. He has now quit the server because nobody gave him a second chance. This attitude needs to stop, people change. Prisoners that have murdered, raped or stolen eventually get a second chance (depending on severity) Why cant this community give people who have fucked up a second chance too. AND YES of all people its me posting this because who else would.

MrMcDiverman

Reaction score
If they repeat the same mistake like a broken record, or can't straighten their act out.. why would anyone give them a chance in the first place?

David

Reaction score
You know all those cadets who prop spammed and minged like crazy? Yeah, they're fine to let them come back and do the exact same shit again.
First impression matter in this community because that's what they will think of you unless you prove them wrong.

Skip

Super c00l d00d
Reaction score
First impressions matter dude. No matter how much you want it to change, people are not going to think differently about someone or something if they have purposely caused trouble.

It's based off of their opinion of that person, and trying to alter someone's opinion is like trying to move a mountain with your bare hands, it's not easy or may even be impossible.

Blasty

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
If Prophet was perma-banned multiple times like you said @Guardian then he already had a second chance and trashed it.

Guardian_EN

Reaction score
So your saying that if someone makes a bad first impression but straightens their act out and changes for the better we should ignore it and treat them like they stole money from the server ? @MrMcDiverman @David @Blasty @Skip
I'm not going to throw out names here but someone did just that and Stole Hundreds of dollars maybe more from the server and was given a second chance. why shouldn't people like Prophet or myself get the same opportunities or respect ? so yeah we used to minge, we used to INTENTIONALLY fail RP, so what? as of now we do our best to be serious and not minge yet we still are held back from progressing. Coming from personal experience, it really sucks when you try so hard to do what your supposed to only to be SHOT DOWN and HATED ON for trying to progress. literally being told "I will do everything in my power to make sure you don't get commander" - @Octavion or "you have no chance" - @Ace1649 or even "I will make sure you get PKd if you get commander" - also @Octavion
now here is the thing. there are people in this community that look past the mistakes we have made @MurkyEagle173 @Flash @Agent Overdrive and try and help us succeed and commend the progress we have made and encourage us to "keep up the good work". Jokester gave me a second chance, and look where it got me. Now I'm being pushed to run for commander of all things. the point here is a second chance can go a long way. Instead of being told we cant we are being told WE CAN. trust me, its a lot easier to be serious when being told "good job" because it encourages you to keep it up rather than being told "your shit and should die" which has an almost opposite effect.

Skip

Super c00l d00d
Reaction score
So your saying that if someone makes a bad first impression but straightens their act out and changes for the better we should ignore it and treat them like they stole money from the server ? @MrMcDiverman @David @Blasty @Skip
I'm not going to throw out names here but someone did just that and Stole Hundreds of dollars maybe more from the server and was given a second chance. why shouldn't people like Prophet or myself get the same opportunities or respect ? so yeah we used to minge, we used to INTENTIONALLY fail RP, so what? as of now we do our best to be serious and not minge yet we still are held back from progressing. Coming from personal experience, it really sucks when you try so hard to do what your supposed to only to be SHOT DOWN and HATED ON for trying to progress. literally being told "I will do everything in my power to make sure you don't get commander" - @Octavion or "you have no chance" - @Ace1649 or even "I will make sure you get PKd if you get commander" - also @Octavion
now here is the thing. there are people in this community that look past the mistakes we have made @MurkyEagle173 @Flash @Agent Overdrive and try and help us succeed and commend the progress we have made and encourage us to "keep up the good work". Jokester gave me a second chance, and look where it got me. Now I'm being pushed to run for commander of all things. the point here is a second chance can go a long way. Instead of being told we cant we are being told WE CAN. trust me, its a lot easier to be serious when being told "good job" because it encourages you to keep it up rather than being told "your shit and should die" which has an almost opposite effect.
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten, as stated I still have my own opinions about people. And no one should ever forget what they did, if they did something that negatively affected the community then they may be forgiven, but not forgotten.

David

Reaction score
Not everyone deserves a second chance, but I don't make that decision. Just because you got a second chance doesn't mean it should apply to everyone that has screwed up in some way. For example, if you were perm-banned, I would not let you come back but I can't make the decision.
It varies on the level of severity, I personally would never let someone have a second chance if they stole money from me. Regarding the comments made by Ace and Octavion, they didn't think you would make a good commander and most people don't hold up to threats they make. Now going back to my original statement, second chances are when someone forgives you and lets you try again. Most people do this so, they can try again. In most cases, it's minor things like minging but stealing money and mass rdming should be the 1 chance they have. A good example is streamers, they are watched from admins likes hawks. Streamers are known to mess up servers or start breaking rules. They got banned and never get unbanned.(I am not defending streamers I am just setting an example) Do you think they should get a second chance, I don't see any streamers coming back to our server because the admins know they'll do the exact same thing.

MrMcDiverman

Reaction score
why shouldn't people like Prophet or myself get the same opportunities or respect ?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you've been given numerous amounts of chances in the past by lots of people. Even myself. And you screwed each one.

so yeah we used to minge, we used to INTENTIONALLY fail RP, so what? as of now we do our best to be serious and not minge
Prophet I've seen put on his big boy pants from my perspective.
You may say you do your best to be serious but your attitude backfires on you harshly. I remember the first few days of coming in to the 212th... :p

Gen

IM Super Admin
Reaction score
We have given prophet more than just two chances. Let's not forget when came back under a different name. Seemed kind of strange to me.

Guardian_EN

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, you've been given numerous amounts of chances in the past by lots of people. Even myself. And you screwed each one.

Prophet I've seen put on his big boy pants from my perspective.
You may say you do your best to be serious but your attitude backfires on you harshly. I remember the first few days of coming in to the 212th... :p
really, I screwed each one? as I recall I joined 187th after a bit and did ok until I began getting bored, that's when I was executed for helping two 501st evade arrest, then I went to 212th and was just fine until 187th moved to 212th and as soon as I got off LOA you took the first opportunity you could to execute me then I joined 91st and did pretty good but made a stupid decision and goofed off too much. I then rejoined 212th and was shaky for a bit due to hard feelings on you but it ended out OK. do you now why I ended out ok, because jokester didn't treat me like a minge, he treated me like a normal CT. He never threatened me with a demotion or kicking me from the battalion, he punished me when I messed up and encouraged me when I did good. and yeah I may have a bit of an attitude but so do 1/2 the people in this server.

Jean-Luc Picard

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I'm gonna be honest is this case prophet has had many chances he even used alt accounts to get into teamspeak and Cw he was given chances and never followed it I can admit he did get more serious but this was only because he knew he won't get anymore chances so this should apply to others

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
So my opinion is this.

Sure SOME people should a second chance if they can prove that they can change.
*note how I said SOME people, not all people*
But you should only get a second chance. If you fuck again some how, that's it, plain and simple.

And this is in now way directed at Prophet, this is a generalized statement.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Lemme give an example.

You May get your chances in School with say "Oh Timmy. It's ok, we don't care you stole a pencil from Johnny over there, just don't do it again"

Vs real life

If you stole something from someone's home/community, they would be arrested and put in jail, not given a slap on the rist.

Womack

Reaction score
All I see in this thread is hate and disrespect. I'm SO glad to be a part of this community...

MrMcDiverman

Reaction score
I was executed for helping two 501st evade arrest
That's a treasonous act in rp and we took action.

The rest you just said I will not even bother to respond. Just quit playing the victim card.

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
All I see in this thread is hate and disrespect. I'm SO glad to be a part of this community...
Boi you ain't new here. You should know how things go around here by now XD

Matt6868

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
I gave him a second chance after his first warning on CW on Axiom and 16 later he got permabanned and eventually community banned