• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Using Cheats

TheNova

Reaction score
I have never used cheats in online gaming, as I think it's very unfair for others. But I will add a cheat or two for some games such as GTA, as you can get some pretty enjoyable moments with some of the cheats activated. I never use cheats to complete a game though.

Casper001

Reaction score
I never cheat for my sole advantage, Like TheNova said, In GTA I might activate a cheat or two just for fun, but in Multiplayer games (Albeit they have protection) I still wont use cheats.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Multiplayer I would never use cheats. I will though use cheats in the story though if I already beat it once already (without cheats of course) just for the fun of it. :p

Lug

Reaction score
Nope never, I don't like them. I prefer finding everything myself. I played Abe around 20 times before I found all the hidden areas but the sense of achievement was well worth it.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I have a specific method towards using cheats. If it's my first time completing the story mode of a game, I don't use cheats! Even if I'm stuck on a level, I'll Google the walkthrough tutorial before I activate a cheat. I just like keeping the integrity of the game itself before I start looking for an easy way out. After I complete the game, however, it's full on cheat mode. I usually do this to eliminate any type of boringness I may feel getting closer. Using cheats (along with mods) usually does the trick.

Mattmattics

Reaction score
I'm not so big in the gaming scene as I used to be, but do games still have cheats? If so is the knowledge passed around Reddit or forms like this

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
I obviously had to cheat on the Guitar Hero III and GTA 4 and 5... There were so much stuff to do and play with the cheat list. Itwas almost impossible not to try them out!!

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I always use cheat codes. I even used cheat codes in plants vs zombie. I'm an impatient kind of guy so whenever a cheat code is available on the game I'm playing, I would definitely use it. It cuts the challenge and the thrill of the game, but it's funnier.

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
I use cheats very often, for me using cheats is like part of a game , besides using cheats adds up to the funside of gaming.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I think the first time I was actually every introduced to cheats in video games was in Grand Theft Auto 3. However, I quickly realized that I wasn't the type of person that had much fun while cheating through a game's main storyline. So since then my philosophy has basically been that every game I play, I play it the way that the developer intended, and then once all is said and done is when I break out the cheat codes (and mods if it's on PC) and just have a wild, fun time.

Deen

Reaction score
The only weird game I used cheat for was hitman 2. Otherwise I play my games the way I am suppose to. Putting cheats in a games removes the excitement for me.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I only use cheats on Grand Theft Auto, I never played the game seriously, I use cheat to use a tank to kill everyone, drive through the waters, and etc. One of the best times of my life.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
Used cheats in Vice City all the time when I wasn't doing missions. Used a Gameshark for Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow. Otherwise I don't really like to use cheat codes.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I don't really cheat in most of the games I've played. I'm pretty sure that the ones I've only cheated on were GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas. I guess in a way I did it to make it easier, but mostly I really found typing a cheat and hooping you didn't cause a typo in the midst of a critical mission is really challenging, so I have no regrets on that. As for the more serious games, I don't like to cheat as it ruins the game for me. I've seen a friend had infinite life in Skyrim before and I thought it was boring.

tiasmai

Reaction score
My kids use a lot of cheats. They have cheat books and they also go to youtube and grab cheats from other players. I think its OK to use cheats. I think my kids use them too often and it takes away from the fun of it. Sometimes the objective should be to learn and be surprised at some of the different things about a game. If you are using cheats then it takes away that element of surprise and wonder. That's just my opinion though and my kids don't seem to care. They take a lot of time writing different tricks and cheat methods down from youtube players but they can never find writing utensils in class. Scratching my head!?

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I never use cheats to complete a mission in a game, it makes the game a way lot easier and it don't make sense to play it like that. The only way I use cheats is in Grand Theft auto, that game is very funny if you have a lot of weapons and you can make fun of the cops in the game, it is funny when you are bored.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
The only time I ever use cheats is when I play GTA or Tony Hawk's Under Ground. It's not based on some type of moral code, I just never really have a use for them. GTA is probably self-explanatory. I only use them for when I want to have some fun. Real fun. Like crime committing. Basic stuff that wouldn't do in real life. THUG is a different story. I know, at this point, the game is pretty old. I still like playing the story mode. I don't think I've ever played the story mode all the way through without using cheats.

valy

Reaction score
I never us cheats. I don't agree with, because i win too fast and easy. I like competition, fighting for the next level and so on. There is no satisfatcion if you get all to easy.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
For the first playthrough, I play the game normally. When I beat it, that's when I have fun and try to just enjoy the game (since the story is finished) and all that it can provide. The physical limitations, the number of ways you can do quests, it all changes when cheats are involved. Suddenly you have powerful weapons at level 1, you can't die, and you get laser vision from your eyes to torch your enemies. It's fun, but I will only do it as long as you truly enjoyed the game the way it was meant to be played first.

Dan bers

Reaction score
Gaming with the cheats locked in can make a game exciting at first, but with time it may get bored of having everything. I have come to realise that there's beauty in the struggle. The struggle actually makes the game worth playing. ;)