• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Using Cheats

haze

Reaction score
When playing a game, do you use cheats to help you complete it faster or just for the random fun it may add to a game? Or you a purist and do you not use cheats at all?

I will use cheats i if I get bored, but then again, like in the GTA series, i use them just for a laugh as they make things more enjoyable for myself. I play for fun and not to complete a game or achievements so I just use them when I feel like it really.

gktime

Reaction score
I use strategy guides and or cheats if I am really stuck in game. It is no use to me to go around an hour in the same place if I can just use a strat guide and figure it out.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I use strategy guides and or cheats if I am really stuck in game. It is no use to me to go around an hour in the same place if I can just use a strat guide and figure it out.

Sorta agree with you here. I don't like using cheats that much, unless the game is utterly stupid, or I just don't care about it. Strategy guides are the same way, I prefer to figure it out myself, but sometimes I just need help in a tough spot.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I used to use cheats in games like GTA when I beat the game and such. But not anymore because they ruins games.

sunnysingh

Reaction score
I used to use cheats on Game Boy a lot (remember GameShark?), but I don't think it's as popular anymore now on the modern consoles. I rather play the game as it was meant to be played.

Hidden308

Reaction score
They have cheats on the Gameboy? Didn't even know those existed lol.

Hidden308

Reaction score
It seems like games hardly have any cheats anymore..or at least the ones I play.

Eternal

Reaction score
Yeah, seems like games like grand theft auto are the only types of games that still have cheats.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Which doesn't surprise me. They do make the game interesting, however.

Gamrpro

Reaction score
Yes! I definitely do. I might not do it on GTA V though. I'll try to survive without cheats. I doubt I can though. Maybe I'll have one saved game with cheats and the other without. :p

K1ngN0thing

Reaction score
I'm extremely rigid when it comes to external sources of help. I'll spend hours trying to figure it out on my own, and if I can't figure it out, I'll sleep on it. That usually does the trick. On rare occasions I will glance at an online guide, but I never use cheats.

omkar1991

Reaction score
I'm extremely rigid when it comes to external sources of help. I'll spend hours trying to figure it out on my own, and if I can't figure it out, I'll sleep on it. That usually does the trick. On rare occasions I will glance at an online guide, but I never use cheats.
Same for me. I almost never use cheats the first time I play a game. After I beat the game once, and if it appeals to me enough to go for it a second or a third time, I might try it out with a few cheats. As for online guides, I use them occasionally when I am stuck up at some point or can't seem to figure out what to do next.

dexterlablab1

Reaction score
Personally, I'm not very big on cheat codes. At least, not until I've beaten a game first. After I've beaten whatever game I'm playing, then I don't mind using the cheats because then I know it's me playing for fun. Not me NEEDING them to get through the game.

yurithebest1

Reaction score
The only game that i remember cheating on it is GTA haha, because it's very fun to cheat on that game in order to drive super fast cars, helicopters, and tanks, and i also enjoyed having many kind of weapons.

MoonCookieChan

Reaction score
I don't really use many cheats, and rarely. I like to think of a way to get through the game, but sometimes it can take days or even weeks.

WajeehBJ

Reaction score
I am a pure gamer and I rarely use cheats except on games like GTA as you mentioned and there is not doubt that cheats in such games add a lot of more fun and the game just seems to be more enjoyable when cheats are used. However, as I mostly play role playing games or strategy games, I don't like using cheats especially to ease things for me. As I stated earlier, I am a purist. And whenever I think of applying cheats on such games, its almost like being disrespectful to my skills. As a matter of fact, for me, its fun to be stuck at some spot in the game because such games are more challenging. But of course, its just a difference of perspective. As you said you just play games for fun, but when I start playing a game, I don't leave it until I have completed all the achievements, primarily to brag in front of my friend. ;)

pink.lady

Reaction score
I don't like to use cheats, it destroys the fun and experience in playing games. Walkthrough, I do use them, but not cheats. Much better if I play it by myself.

How2Earn

Reaction score
If they have cheats, I use them, just for teh lulz. It makes things more interesting, especially in the GTA games.

Hotspot

Reaction score
I almost never us cheats, the only game I use cheats all of the time is in the Twisted Metal games.. I just find that the cheats tend to make the game more fun.