• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The Oldest Pc Game You've Ever Played?

WarVet

Reaction score
Oh, this question is an easy one. It's got to be Full Throttle. It came out in 1995 and I think I played it around 2003. Even though it's the oldest game I played it is still one of my favorites. It has just been remastered recently.

Zyni

Reaction score
For me, I guess it would have to be Solitaire as well. I also used to go to Yahoo Games back then and play different stuff. When we got our first computer, I was excited to play things like Scrabble and chess online. I also remember Scattergories, which was a fun game.

StolenKid

Reaction score
Ok, the oldest game I've ever played on my PC was Alone In The dark, but the first one, like the first 3D game ever created I think it was, I felt as a vintage hipster that hates e everything playing it, lol.

reginafalange

Reaction score
I think the oldest game I played on a PC was Solitaire and this Pinball game were the only ones I had at the moment as the PC was super old. I remember spending hours sitting playing these lol.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
My first PC game was the Harry Potter 1, it was great for my age, I try to play it when I grew up but it was not the same, I guess because there are a lot of better games, but I like it, then I played Harry Potter 2 and it was greatest than the first one.

yunken

Reaction score
My first PC oldest game was Spider Man. The memory still sticks in my head, I can't just forget those moments when I had to play and replay some levels cos I had no ideas on cheats or how to use them then.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
PC Games have been with us for years. Some people started playing games in their infancy where others started late in their lives.
The question now is, which is the oldest game you've ever laid hand on?
I don't know about mine but I guess super Mario or mortal Kombat are the oldest games I ever played.
I think my first PC game was Quake back in the mid 90s. I couldn't play it that well because my PC didn't have the requirements to run the software, and I didn't even read the requirements on the game before I brought it, lol

Moaz

Reaction score
For me, Pepsi man was my best game..ever since I used to play Pepsi man for hours and never get bored of it..also when GTA 2 came out I was hyped and once it was released I bought it and start playing it, I didn't think that one day they can make something like GTA.

thart

Reaction score
Half Life 1998, and i still play it untill now. And of course Super Mario is one of my oldes games too.

main-qimg-49aff4369a745f39d2c2fdb37ddbc1ef.webp

m33kuh

Reaction score
Probably Halo, House of the Dead or Zeus: Master of Olympus. Those games were pretty old but are still fun to play. I remember just going to computer shops when I was a kid right after school. Lol

SeanP

Reaction score
The first games I ever played were point-and-click adventures like Freddy Fish. I was about 4 when I started playing these, but once I got a PlayStation, I stopped playing PC games entirely. I never really went back; I don't have much of a gaming computer. I do want to play many older PC titles though: Planescape: Torment and Fallout 2 stick out the most to me.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I have been playing Super Mario, Pacman, Outlaws and there are many more which I can't remember. I think Outlaw was one of the first shooting games that I ever played. It was a good one too. This brings back good memories. I would not mind to play that game again.

kenoobie

Reaction score
The oldest game I played on the PC is probably Diablo. I probably spent over a 100 hours playing this game. On the console would be Super mario.

Thammy

Reaction score
Looooooooool! This brings a lot of memories, i had to laugh first..The oldest PC game i ever played has to be biker mice*hahaha..if you know this game, it should spark some memories for you too..I remember i and my siblings taking turns to play this game, competing for who gets the highest score..surfing the internet for cheats*lool, we never came across any..yh for me, the oldest P.C game i ever played should be biker mice. I really won't mind laying my hands on the game again and i guess there should be newer versions of it..anyone got an idea please? I really won't mind downloading

Thammy

Reaction score
The oldest PC games I played are VCop2 and Super Mario. They came pre-installed with my Windows XP of 512MB RAM (lol). I enjoyed every bit of these games as they were light-weight and very easy to understand yet, difficult to play when you get to certain stages. I miss those days anyway. Graphics and sophistication have taken over now.
Yeeeeeeesssss! I remember VCop too, was trying to remember the name while i was posting on the topic, cracked my brain to no avail till i was reading through everyone's oldest PC game the ever played. You know my favorite scene for this gaming experience? That has to be when you have to battle the bad guy at the last level. This is one game I completed all levels without trouble. Could play from my sleep.

Jeric

Reaction score
Hi, the first game I played what I can remember there was one around the same time but don't remember the name and I'm not sure if that was the first game or the second, but I do remember it was the same day. So I will put the one I do remember, this was before windows were out and we had to boot the game through DOS, (I do miss windows XP) any ways the game was Oregon Trail I played it back in 1986 or 87 in school. I don't remember the computer or what it had for hardware but it did take a little bit to start and the screen was black with green letters.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
My oldest gaming memories associated with PC includes all the card games that were available around 20 years from now. Those included Solitaire, Spider Solitaire, Free cell, Hearts... Apart from these there was Minesweeper, Pinball and Blast Thru. There were still some other game which I used to play but somehow I'm unable to recall the names at present.

peachpurple

Reaction score
The first time I had a PC was the 486 desktop, I had played Pac Man, The Legend of Kyrandia, the music and background graphic were superb then. Tetris, never got tired of it until now . Back then, all games were in floppy diskettes, CD Rom was not invented yet. Imagine being in the dino era!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Does Zork count? If so, than that. I didn't play it when it came out, obviously, and I didn't personally play it as I couldn't read nor write (let alone type on a keyboard at the time), but I was a pretty good assistant to my uncle who was (and still is) a major tech nerd.

First I played on my own would have to be something like Wolfenstein or Doom. I was pretty into shooters at that age and I suppose I still am.
Zork was the text based game right? It was interesting to me even though I didn't play it because it ran completely on text and imagination. You really couldn't do anything much other than pick choices and read what happens next, picturing it all in your head. I swear they made up for the limited technology back then with using up whatever they can to create their games. Still, it's a lot more fun now even though we have to pay literally hundreds for a bunch of AAA games.

valy

Reaction score
My first PC was so old and slow.... I can not imagine how I have played games on it at that time. The oldest game I have ever played on my PC was Mario, and I remember gladly about it, it was a memorable game that made my days happier. I remember how I was playing Mario for hours and I didn't get bored or tired.