• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How quickly do you go through headsets?

m33kuh

Reaction score
I've had a rather low-quality Logitech headset, then a Creative one, and now I have Sennheiser HD558. None of them have truly broken on me without having been damaged in some way, so I don't really think I had to upgrade, strictly speaking. It's important to me to have high quality for something I use for much of my day.
Heard a lot about these kinds of headsets, the Sennheiser brand. It's very expensive isn't it?

ballyhara

Reaction score
Usually my headsets lasts a lot, but it depends on the quality of them, well known brands make generally speaking good sets. If you use and abuse your headsets all day long just like me, obviously you have to make a good investment and get a good set. I had a pair from Samsung, Sony and Logitech, the lasts ones were really good, comfy, lightweight and the price was affordable. I would say a headset per year is what I go through.

ZXD22

Reaction score
Maybe once every two years. I take pretty good care of them. My first set of Logitech headset broke because I roll my chair over them and I just taped it together and it lasted for another 2 months before the wiring finally started to go faulty. Loved it so much I bought a second pair going strong for 3 months.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I always take good care of my headsets. It's my life... I cannot play (well, I can but yiu get my point) if I dont have headset on.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I always take good care of my headsets. It's my life... I cannot play (well, I can but yiu get my point) if I dont have headset on.
I am different. I don't use headsets unless I am on comms. I rather have my surround set-up loud rather than having the sounds on my ears only. I feel like I am in the battlefield or on the arena because of the intensity of the sounds vibrating inside the room. Lol

WarVet

Reaction score
I broke too many to even count! Headset and earphones go like water for me. I am really careless with my stuff and when i own something fragile like that it tends to break down very easily. Too bad :(

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I am different. I don't use headsets unless I am on comms. I rather have my surround set-up loud rather than having the sounds on my ears only. I feel like I am in the battlefield or on the arena because of the intensity of the sounds vibrating inside the room. Lol
Wow that is fun... I wish I could but I can't. My wife would kill me LOL

m33kuh

Reaction score
How come? Kids? Haha. It's okay man. Maybe you could do that when they are out of town or going shopping. Just tell them that you are not feeling well and you will just have to rest for a bit, but then, you know what to do. Haha!

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Mine usually lasts for a very long time, because I'm doing a good research before buying. But that's only because I learned the hard way having so many break even almost before I started using them lol.

pauldox3

Reaction score
My current and first gaming headset is steel series arctis 7. It's legit the best headset ive ever had. Ive had it for about 3 months now i think and it's still in mint condition. I used to buy cheap and almost disposable headphones but i got tired of it because of how inconvient it is to go and buy headphones whenever it breaksdown. My previous headphones lasted for around 1-2 months on average. Sometime it'll live longer but it would already have complications such as a muted ear or a loose jack.

fishmonk

Reaction score
My current and first gaming headset is steel series arctis 7. It's legit the best headset ive ever had. Ive had it for about 3 months now i think and it's still in mint condition. I used to buy cheap and almost disposable headphones but i got tired of it because of how inconvient it is to go and buy headphones whenever it breaksdown. My previous headphones lasted for around 1-2 months on average. Sometime it'll live longer but it would already have complications such as a muted ear or a loose jack.
In such cases, I believe that investing in headphones is better than purchasing cheaper options. So far , none of my premium headphones have no issues in terms of sound even after 3-4 years of use. The only thing I had to buy was earmuff replacement which is available at a cheap price.

pauldox3

Reaction score
In such cases, I believe that investing in headphones is better than purchasing cheaper options. So far , none of my premium headphones have no issues in terms of sound even after 3-4 years of use. The only thing I had to buy was earmuff replacement which is available at a cheap price.
yeah i'll prolly never buy cheap headphones again, I'll save alot of time and money by buying the best headphones around (within the reasonable price range ofcourse). Not only will it last longer, the audio quality is also dramatically better compared to cheap headphones. I've also realised that gaming headphones are good for music aswell. I used to listen to music using another earphone but now i listen to music with the same gaming headphones. The audio quality in terms of clarity is top notch in the arctis 7 and the bass is very powerful aswell.

fishmonk

Reaction score
yeah i'll prolly never buy cheap headphones again, I'll save alot of time and money by buying the best headphones around (within the reasonable price range ofcourse). Not only will it last longer, the audio quality is also dramatically better compared to cheap headphones. I've also realised that gaming headphones are good for music aswell. I used to listen to music using another earphone but now i listen to music with the same gaming headphones. The audio quality in terms of clarity is top notch in the arctis 7 and the bass is very powerful aswell.
I love Steelseries too as they have good quality. Most important of all, it fits my ears well comfortably. I have tried Razer and HyperX as well but I prefer Steelseries so far.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
I've had the same pair for about 7 years now and they function just fine, They sure don't look like before lol but they still work!. I just take care of them a lot because I can't afford to buy a new pair every few months.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I've had the same pair for about 7 years now and they function just fine, They sure don't look like before lol but they still work!. I just take care of them a lot because I can't afford to buy a new pair every few months.
You sure know how take care of you peripherals. What exact model do you have? Does it fit well on your ears?

djdanilo

Reaction score
I am currently on my second set. Only reason is, my sister broke my first set, so I had to buy a new one. I always take good care of them, and I always buy quality headsets that will last a long time, even with lots of usage. My current headsets are SteelSeries Sibera 840, I bought them this year and they are really good.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
You sure know how take care of you peripherals. What exact model do you have? Does it fit well on your ears?
I don't even know if they are a recognize brand in other countries but they are "Genius" brand and yes, they fit well, they are not really tight because that gives me headache so I love them

m33kuh

Reaction score
I don't even know if they are a recognize brand in other countries but they are "Genius" brand and yes, they fit well, they are not really tight because that gives me headache so I love them
I see. And what brand is that again? Also, how is the isolation of the sounds?
Can you hear sounds from outside when you wear the headset?

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
I see. And what brand is that again? Also, how is the isolation of the sounds?
Can you hear sounds from outside when you wear the headset?
images
this brand! I don't know if it's good or what, that's what it says in the side. I just know they work just fine for me ;). Yes, I can hear sounds from outside after all they are pretty old but I don't care too much about it. I'm going to keep using them until they die lol

fishmonk

Reaction score
images
this brand! I don't know if it's good or what, that's what it says in the side. I just know they work just fine for me ;). Yes, I can hear sounds from outside after all they are pretty old but I don't care too much about it. I'm going to keep using them until they die lol
That is impressive. How do the earmuffs last for so long? Mine will change tremendously after one year usage