• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How quickly do you go through headsets?

HyperActive

Reaction score
I have only been through 2 headsets. One was stepped on, other was bitten and scratched by my dog.

Brandon

Admin
Administrator
Premium
Reaction score
It depends like i had these one kind that just fell apart and i currently have this one kind of head set i orderd from hong kong and it has these really good speakers so i sleep with them on so i doubt they'll last much longer but about a year or 2 for me

jayjacinto

Reaction score
I rarely buy headsets because I dont buy cheap ones so i need to take extra care in handling them. Nobody touches my headset but me.

pandaa

Reaction score
I'm the same as jayjacinto, I've only ever had to buy one headset. I don't see much of a point in buying something of low quality, and then having to buy four more later on. Seems pretty counter productive to me...

FlashDown

Reaction score
I have had the same headset for almost a year now! I never break them or misuse them and I try to take good care of them because the ones that I bought were a bit pricy and I don't want to have to go out and buy a new one. So my answer is very rarely do I go through headsets because I make sure to take great care of them when I buy them.

jayjacinto

Reaction score
Yeah same here my headset is pretty expensive so really I don't allow anyone to touch it. And I actually put the wire into a proper routing so as not to be accidentally kicked or something. Half the length of the wire is taped on my desk to prevent accidental pulls, and it protects the audio slot of my PC as well.

Vortmo

Reaction score
I go through a pair every 2-3 months, sometimes I get abit to excited playing online and end up snapping or standing on the headset, I need to get myself a pair of wireless ones and hopefully I won't go through as many.

Lawking10

Reaction score
1. PS3 headsets are really good, and don't really break if you look after them.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I still own every headset I ever bought in good condition :p

Jamie

Reaction score
I've had my Turtle Beach X31s for around a year. They are quite expensive so I make sure I take extra special care with them.

dagscot

Reaction score
I went through headsets pretty fast (One of my friends was drunk and sat on them. I wasn't happy) But now I bought this expensive set from Audio Technica and I really look after them.

Smokey

Reaction score
I've had the same headset for abut 2 years now. I use a wired one, it seems to work just fine for me. I rarely use headsets though unless i'm playing with friends. If not, i tend to mute everyone anyway. :)

Jessi

Reaction score
I used to go through headsets every couple months.

I even tried buying more expensive ones and it didn't seem to matter.

My current one has lasted me at least 6 months, though, so I'm quite content with it.

igloostick

Reaction score
I go through my headsets about every 2 months.
I have a crappy $20 Logitech headset, It's nice but its not as tight as I would like, Everything else is fine.
But when I get out of my chair I forget I have it on and the cord snatches out of the computer and thats how I get alot of shortages. :/ I should start looking into a new headset. any suggestions?

Gladdy

Reaction score
I don't go through different headsets at all. Before this headset, I was using speakers and before the speakers, I had 10euro headphones that I've used for over a year. My speakers broke a while ago so I just switched back to headphones. I've bought Logitech, the bit more expensive kind, but I honestly don't plan on replacing them at all. If they break and they're still under warranty I will just use that.

I guess it really depends on what headset you have and how good it is - the quality of it. This will also reflect on the price; the more expensive it is, the longer it will last (or at least it should).

gkillian

Reaction score
I went through them like water before 2012 or so. With the cheaper kind something would inevitably go wrong just from largely normal use - a speaker would go out, a turny fob would break, etc. etc. I bought an on-sale 'gaming' headset that worked beautifully for two and a half years until the wire at the volume control started fraying. Eventually that made it unusable. I bought the exact same one, thinking it was probably a one-time thing, but that one went to crap even faster.

Around August 2016 I bought a mid-range logitech wireless headset and I think, at this point, I've found something with durability that can't POSSIBLY have a wire fray out on me. We'll see in a couple of years, I guess.

Torch3d

Reaction score
With my two kids I go through headsets about 2-4 times a year. There rough on them. I may try a wireless set next and see how that works out.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
First headset was a Steel Series Siberian V2 in all white that lasted like year and a half. Next one was a Logitech G430 (Mid-Tier one) that lasted like 2 years. And now it has been about a year since I got my current one which is a Logitech G930 (High-Tier one).

Honestly my last two broke due to exact thing. After extensive usage and wear either the mic boom somehow fucks up and doesn't work or when I take it off one the ear pieces fall off.

Headsets are one of those niche things that everyone has their preference. Like I prefer Steel Series mouse/mousepad. Currently I'm using the Steel Series Rival 300 with a QCK+ Mousepad. Then my headset and webcam are logitech.