• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How often do you buy new games?

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Really often, so there's a lot I didn't played already. I usually buy games on sale, even if I don't really need them. If I need a game, I don't wait for the sale - I just buy it immediately or pre-order it.
You appear to be liberal in spending money. I'm happy that you have available funds that help you to buy games so often. But sadly this is not possible for me so I have to wait for the sale period only.

Javo1096

Reaction score
At least 2 or 3 times a month, for example I just bought from Steam an RPG strategy dungeon crawler game called The Darkest Dungeon with it's DLC, best 9.99$ spent no regrets haha.

Ash

Reaction score
I only play on the Playstation 4 so most games are quite expensive unfortunately. I only really like a few game genres as well so most of the time I only really buy around 5-6 games a year. Most of them are bought for my birthday or christmas. I rarely buy games outside of those time periods unless a really special game is coming out like Grand Theft Auto. Considering each game is around £50 when they come out, it's way too expensive to be buying games regularly. Plus the fact games go down in price near christmas always helps (my birthday is 2 days before christmas ;))

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
I just buy one whenever I have a comfortable bit of money. I tend not to buy games new or full priced, usually only on sale or pre-owned, so I don't buy games often, but I tend to get a couple at a time because of the reduced prices. Steam sales are good, and so are picking up older games at Gamestop.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I don't have a fixed frequency to buy new games, I always end up buying when I feel like it or when I find some discount that I can't refuse. :sweatsmile: However, comparing my current purchases with those of some time ago, they have decreased considerably (priorities are changing, aren't they? :smiley:).

Sino989

Reaction score
I don't buy games that often honestly. I really only buy games when a game I want just came out or when I really want a specific game. So I wouldn't say I buy games that often unfortunately.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I don't buy games every and then.It depends on my moods or whenever some exciting games come into the market.Any expert review I get.Sometimes, my friends suggest a particular game that hey play this a new kind of game come you should try at it.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I very rarely buy brand new games AAA games. My last two purchases were Yooka Laylee and Dirt 4 in which I pre-ordered Dirt 4. Yooka Laylee was an amazing purchase, I originally bought the game for $49.99 deluxe package to help support the developers. I had been a huge fan of Banjo and Kazooie for years and I enjoyed it! Dirt 4 was a good price for pre-purchase and I had some fun with it as well.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Not often at all really. Well actually, a more accurate statement would just about as often as there is a Steam sale! If I'm being completely honest, I'm a very cynical person when it comes to my views of video game quality these days. Maybe it's just me but I feel like it used to be that we'd get one good game after another, games that were genuinely entertaining and would keep my attention. On the other hand, these days it's rare for me to play a game that grabs my attention for longer than two hours. Because of this I find it hard to ever justify paying a full $60 for the experience.
That's why I don't pay full price. It's easier to swallow when the game sucks if you paid $1 for it. I mean, no harm no foul, at least I got cards from it or something. It's also the reason why I just go on sales since most games are incredibly discounted to the point where they basically don't cost anything. There's also Steam's refund system which is great, since I don't have to get buyer's remorse if I can simply get my money back.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I very rarely buy brand new games AAA games. My last two purchases were Yooka Laylee and Dirt 4 in which I pre-ordered Dirt 4. Yooka Laylee was an amazing purchase, I originally bought the game for $49.99 deluxe package to help support the developers. I had been a huge fan of Banjo and Kazooie for years and I enjoyed it! Dirt 4 was a good price for pre-purchase and I had some fun with it as well.
I NEVER buy brand new AAA games. I'm the patient type of gamer and I'd rather wait a year or so for the price to drop. This usually means that by that time, updates and DLCs have been released, which would have a good chance on them getting discounts as well, especially when the games are in bundles or collections. As long as you're patient, you'll eventually get the price for a game that you want.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I NEVER buy brand new AAA games. I'm the patient type of gamer and I'd rather wait a year or so for the price to drop. This usually means that by that time, updates and DLCs have been released, which would have a good chance on them getting discounts as well, especially when the games are in bundles or collections. As long as you're patient, you'll eventually get the price for a game that you want.

That's what I usually do, wait until the prices get to a great range for the contents value. Yooka Laylee was different though as I wanted to support the developers as they had done an amazing job with Banjo Kazooie in the past and even with Yooka Laylee I had some chills of some throwbacks to the classic as well. Is it as good as BK? Totally not, but I did have a lot of fun playing.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
That's what I usually do, wait until the prices get to a great range for the contents value. Yooka Laylee was different though as I wanted to support the developers as they had done an amazing job with Banjo Kazooie in the past and even with Yooka Laylee I had some chills of some throwbacks to the classic as well. Is it as good as BK? Totally not, but I did have a lot of fun playing.
Me too. I bought all the Witcher products to support the devs because they made an amazing job with the Witcher 3. 2 full sized DLCs as well as a ton of free DLCs which have quests, costumes, etc; and they're not overcharging their players either. The Game of the Year edition is really low priced, and it includes the 2 DLCs - most of which consider to be entire games for other devs. They really earned every penny coming their way.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I only play on the Playstation 4 so most games are quite expensive unfortunately. I only really like a few game genres as well so most of the time I only really buy around 5-6 games a year. Most of them are bought for my birthday or christmas. I rarely buy games outside of those time periods unless a really special game is coming out like Grand Theft Auto. Considering each game is around £50 when they come out, it's way too expensive to be buying games regularly. Plus the fact games go down in price near christmas always helps (my birthday is 2 days before christmas ;))
I agree that Playstation 4 games are very expensive. You are still lucky to buy 4-5 games per year. As far as I'm concerned I hardly manage to buy 2 per year. I always have limited funds and always buy games when they are available on discounts.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I agree that Playstation 4 games are very expensive. You are still lucky to buy 4-5 games per year. As far as I'm concerned I hardly manage to buy 2 per year. I always have limited funds and always buy games when they are available on discounts.
Don't you guys have sales or something? On PC there are sales where games go up to 90% off. I remember when I still had my PS2 that discs were the same price all year round. Things still haven't changed for consoles I imagine? If so then switching to PC would be an incentive if you want to save a ton of money on games.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me if it's my favorite game then I'm going to purchase it whenever it releases. I really can't wait to play those games (only favorites) and I don't wanna feel guilty that my friends are playing before me. About other games like least favorite category then I can wait for discounts or free downloads. Every person has their own preferences for their gaming world.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Don't you guys have sales or something? On PC there are sales where games go up to 90% off. I remember when I still had my PS2 that discs were the same price all year round. Things still haven't changed for consoles I imagine? If so then switching to PC would be an incentive if you want to save a ton of money on games.

I was talking about Playstation games only. There are still really very expensive. Yes, PC games are much cheaper and at times available in great discounts but sadly my PC is now outdated and cannot support most of the new games.

Joshmoy

Reaction score
As funny as it might sound, I hardly buy games. I try as much as possible to download free games because buying games over here in Nigeria is very expensive. A FIFA 16 disk sells at 15,000 naira which is a lot of money here.

I also do borrow game disks from my friends. We also swap game disks at times.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I was talking about Playstation games only. There are still really very expensive. Yes, PC games are much cheaper and at times available in great discounts but sadly my PC is now outdated and cannot support most of the new games.
I know, I was asking if the PS games have any sales. I haven't had the pleasure of shopping for PS games since my PS2 died, so I don't know what's going on over there. Do you just have physical copies? Or can you have virtual ones that you can buy from online stores? Because most online stores also hold sales when Steam sales come along for competition, usually with even better discounts.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I know, I was asking if the PS games have any sales. I haven't had the pleasure of shopping for PS games since my PS2 died, so I don't know what's going on over there. Do you just have physical copies? Or can you have virtual ones that you can buy from online stores? Because most online stores also hold sales when Steam sales come along for competition, usually with even better discounts.[/Q

I always prefer to buy play station games from a retail shop rather than from the online stores. The online stores do hold discounts but they are usually on the games which are not worth buying. moreover I don't like to buy expensive stuff online so buying PS games also stands out of question.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
As funny as it might sound, I hardly buy games. I try as much as possible to download free games because buying games over here in Nigeria is very expensive. A FIFA 16 disk sells at 15,000 naira which is a lot of money here.

I also do borrow game disks from my friends. We also swap game disks at times.
I think most of the gaming people download and use the free versions only. There is no doubt that PS games are very expensive and buying them very often stands out of question. Borrowing and sharing does help a lot.