• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How often do you buy new games?

felabruno

Reaction score
I get around 5-6 PC games a year, sometimes I buy them and sometimes I get them as gifts from my family. I rarely buy those new and highly advertised games because they are too expensive and I'd rather buy two or three cheaper games for that price. I also sometimes play my brother's games.

xXInfectedXx

Reaction score
I buy new games when the old games are not working. I have one game which isn't working, and a couple which need updating. I always look the online reviews before purchasing any gaming equipment.

Last edited:

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I buy about 2 games every month, of course depending on if they are good I'll actually get them, I have I believe more games on my PlayStation then my computer.

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
I buy games when they show promise and i've got money to spare... but other expenses come first obviously.

Mace

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Almost never, I sink at least 1000 hours into my games before I buy a new one usually. It has ended up in me having quite a... surplus of cash.

NickJ

Reaction score
Hard to say. If there's a run on games I want? I can buy new games upwards of every month for 5 months straight. If a few games pop up that I want, it can be twice in a span of 8 or 9 months. I call those dry years.

WarVet

Reaction score
I generally watch a lot of reviews on YouTube before I buy a certain game, this is because I want to get my money's worth. So you could probably tell that I don't buy often. I usually only buy during steam sales except for this summer sale since I need to save my money for a new phone. I guess I'll have to wait a couple of months for the next sale :/
So do I! I like to get a grip on the game's concepts first before I actually give it a try. After I play a demo or something like that I will then consider spending money on the actual thing. Still nowadays I hardly but games unless they're very appealing to me

Heatman

Reaction score
There are many who prefer to play games that are free to download. Investing money in buying games is not what they opt for, either by choice or because of limited funds.

I buy new games very occasionally and that too when they are available on discounts. Otherwise I always download the free ones and play. What is your preference?

I don't often buy games, I do it once in a while and I make sure that I play anyone bought to the best of my knowledge and making sure that I get the best satisfaction for my money invested in buying such game.

If it's a mission game, I would play anything within my power to complete the mission. It feels so good know that you completed your missions in a game.

GameCube

Reaction score
I very rarely buy new games because I don't see the point. I mean, unless they just came out, you can find used ones in mint condition. Also, the new ones are simply very expensive.

Referal

Reaction score
I rarely buy games nowadays but before I buy any games i look at the gameplay and the reviews then price then I buy it

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I used to buy them whenever I could afford them and when new releases appeared, but only if they were multiplayer games. Anything single-player I'd just end up torrenting. I haven't been on my PC much to game lately due to work and university alongside other web projects I have going on. So lately I haven't really bought any. Soon as university is over and I'm back to gaming a lot, I'll be buying games as soon as they come out, every couple of weeks!