• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How Many Hours Wasted On GTA?

Susimi

Reaction score
If we're talking about the latest one specifically, then I have wasted far too many hours in it in just doing random nonsense when I've been bored, but then that's the beauty of the GTA games. You can pick them up and just do whatever the hell you want in them.

If we're talking about all of the GTA games played together, then I would have to guess something like over 100 hours? Yeah.

john franklin

Reaction score
I wasted more than 6 years on playing GTA 3 hours every day. I always played the every new version of GTA for hours. I never got bored of this game. It was a waste of time as I never got anything from that but I had a lot of fun.

Sino989

Reaction score
I used to play GTA for at least 10 hours a day when it first came out, but now I hardly play it. I hardly even play video games anymore honestly because it's hard to find a game you actually enjoy playing.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I love the entire Grand Theft Auto series! I've spent the most time between GTA San Andreas and GTA V. For V, when you combine offline and online play, I used to have 7 hour cycles of continuous gameplay several times a week depending on my schedule. I will say, however, GTA time goes by freaky, it literally creeps me out when I look at the clock and see how fast it flew.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
According to Steam, I have around 70 hours on San Andreas (my favorite GTA), but I had many many more hours on the PS2 alone, during the distant years of my childhood. As a kid I played only for fun with cheats, then growing up I also finished the missions and story... the damn train.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Too many to count, definitely more than 500 hours. I never finished the game or do the tasks, I just kill people drive around and do some crazy stuffs. Rockstar Rocks!

jelleh

Reaction score
I wasted so many hours playing GTA V. I used to play entire weekends whenever I had the chance. That cost me alot of bad grades at school so that's why I eventually stopped. That and the fact that I didn't want to pay Xbox Live Gold anymore. :p

Deen

Reaction score
100 to 150, though I am immune to it now.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I think that I have not waste my time, I like to enjoy a game and all the Grand Theft Auto games are very fun, I like to play it every time. I think that I have spend like 6 hours per day when it was a new game, but now I play it once in a month and it worth every single second, it is a fantastic game, I love it.

WarVet

Reaction score
Overall around 300 hours on all games. Speaking about GTAV specifically. I am a very story oriented gamer and GTA V story wasn't that great. Not saying it was a bad game only that i would have spent more time on it if the story was longer like GTA IV. now on that one i easily spent 100+ hours

Ferns

Reaction score
More than I want to calculate, and most of the time I'm not even doing anything to help my character progress in the game, just some silly antics that for some reason I like doing repeatedly. For instance, one of my favorite past times in the games is to run over pedestrians on the side-walk over and over again, until the police came after me. Then I would start again, on another street...

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
For San Andreas I think I played 2 straight months with nothing but that on the PS2 back in 2007 or so. It was a very fun game and I enjoyed exploring every nook and cranny of that universe; from the cities to the countryside. Driving was also enjoyable because you can simply go on road trips if you get bored from killing people. It was pretty fun and I am very disappointed with these newer GTA games just because San Andreas set the bar pretty high.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I played GTA for hundreds of hours since it was launched but would not count it as the waste of time as I had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed to drive the fast cars and getting done with all the missions. I never played such game before. So I would love to rate this game 10/10.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I played GTA for hundreds of hours since it was launched but would not count it as the waste of time as I had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed to drive the fast cars and getting done with all the missions. I never played such game before. So I would love to rate this game 10/10.
Same for me with San Andreas. It was a great game and the scenery changes from 3 different city themes, to the countryside, the desert, and even Area 51. It was a fun ride that has a lot of aspects put into one and they meshed so well that you felt like you actually traveled around because of the different highways and routes towards the different destinations.

appleandcinnamon

Reaction score
I actually can't play GTA all that much due to motion sickness. I start getting nauseous after 30 minutes of gameplay, so that helps cap the amount of time I spend playing it. Instead of pouring hours into the game in one sitting, I play GTA in intervals of an hour or so. I played MMORPGs in between :D

Gladdy

Reaction score
Don't make me count! It is sort of impossible to count it and add up because I have been a GTA fan and player ever since the GTA III. I've literally played all GTA that was made pass that one.

My favorite is still GTA: San Andreas though. I played a crazy amount of hours on it. It was on my PS2 :p I really loved that game so much. Even when I finished everything, I'd kept going to the gym and make myself buff as hell then beat people up. GTA V is very close to beating it in the amount of hours spent playing. You can't get bored of it thanks to the amazing online community and system that the Rockstar Games has developed.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
I wouldn't say "wasted" since time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. I probably spent thousands of hours through all the GTA games, been playing them since the 2002-2003 era when Vice City was still fresh. I probably played 5k hours of San Andreas alone.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, TheViper I had played this game a couple of years ago, and at that time was too hard to stop from playing it. Until one day when I bought San Andreas and after came Counter Strike Global Offensive. I would not play it now because it is boring and there is nothing new in GTA!
To answer your question....well, I have wasted too much time with this game, and I would not return to it for anything in the world!

WarVet

Reaction score
Don't make me count! It is sort of impossible to count it and add up because I have been a GTA fan and player ever since the GTA III. I've literally played all GTA that was made pass that one.

My favorite is still GTA: San Andreas though. I played a crazy amount of hours on it. It was on my PS2 :p I really loved that game so much. Even when I finished everything, I'd kept going to the gym and make myself buff as hell then beat people up. GTA V is very close to beating it in the amount of hours spent playing. You can't get bored of it thanks to the amazing online community and system that the Rockstar Games has developed.

I have spent many hours on GTA as well but my favorite GTA is Vice City. I like SA but I just don't see it comparing to VC. The story plays a big role in a game for me and I find a mob story to be more interesting than a gang war But SA is a great game nonetheless. Better customization options and gameplay than VC.

huggy212

Reaction score
I waste just around 1 to 3 hours once or twice a week. I play this game just as pastime when i got nothing to do. This is not like any role playing or adventure game that i need to grind to become strong. I believe that the fun that im having as easy gamer is the same as those hardcore gamer playing this game. When I had done all bad things already then it's time to rest :).