• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How Many Hours Wasted On GTA?

TheViper

Reaction score
There are those kind of games where you just can't help but play for a couple of hours. I found that Grand Theft Auto games were the kind of game. That caused me to lose sleep as I would stay up well into the next day playing and messing around. How many hours did you guys waste playing GTA?

Aisha

Reaction score
Too many, mate. Tooooo many.

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
Way too many for my own good. I started out with GTA 2 when I was young, and god knows how many hours I spent on the demo alone. Then Vice City, San Andreas and THEN III (I skipped it for some reason). GTA IV didn't last me that long, but I still replayed it completely about 3 times. Given that I am a PC only player, I still have to wait for GTA V, but I can tell I will spend a lot on it too.

Squigly

Reaction score
Probably ~80 on GTA V, still have many sidequests to clear. I feel that GTA V is second only to Skyrim in terms of sheer content. It will probably take me another 100 hours or so to 100% the game.

Jojo83

Reaction score
A lost a lot of sleep on GTA: San Andreas, getting it 100% finished. I would play in the night and I would finish at 3:30 am in the morning. Then wake up playing again in the morning on weekends. Another great GTA game is Vice City. Great voice acting, memorable characters and beautiful scenery.

Morvack

Reaction score
I would say sixty plus hours. I didn't do too much messing around. Just beating the story line, not really doing any of the side missions. Though I did take an extra second to play the stocks before I did the related missions. I put all my money in, did the mission, then got all of my money out, plus a large chunk. I did get myself a fully upgraded Z type to play with once the game was over. The novelty of that wore off quickly. I also upgraded , and played with every gun. I think the last thing I did was a rampage from inside amunation.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
About 150+ hours, easily. I no life'd GTA so hard for the first 2 months of its release. Rather sad to be honest...

LitoLawless

Reaction score
Back in the day I would spend so many hours playing GTA 3. The city was HUGE and you can just spend all day doing nothing at all. Then, when San Andreas came out I just wanted to C.J. the best he could possible be, and I wanted to have all the best gear of course. I didn't really play GTA IV very much, but when I did I would just go on your usual killing spree. If I add all of the time I spent playing all the GTAs it would easily equal a couple of years.

amig0enemig0

Reaction score
I would have to say around 400 hours. All because i played San Andrea's on the PC and got hooked on the multiplayer. I downloaded a program that would let me play online and i would spend hours upon hours playing on role playing servers, I remember i was the boss of an Asian mafia in a server lol. Doesn't matter that i wasted hours of my life on that game it was all worth it :)

ducklord

Reaction score
Are you kidding me? I'm still trying to finish the first one in the series (I mean, GTA III, actually "the first 3D one in the series")!!!

And then I'll have to spend some hundreds of hours on Vice City, then move on to San Andreas, IV, Liberty City Stories, V and, until I manage to get there, we'll already have the tenth title in our hands! Ah, the nightmare... This neverending nightmare... Of... Game... Series...

It must be some kind of psychological problem, my wife reminds me, having to play every title in a series until I feel a-ok to get to "The Latest One" :p

Oh, how many games I've missed in all those years I'm gaming... How many games... :-D

Dadas

Reaction score
I'd say a little over 100 hours. I'd have more but its only fun when you're playing with friends.

Darius

Reaction score
Haha, I've spent somewhere in the 600 hour range and counting, and that was only on Xbox 360 on Grand Theft Auto V alone! I would have to go back and calculate my PS4 hours on top of that I just enjoy Online so much, with or without heists.

niiro17

Reaction score
I really don't count how many hours I've played GTA. Ever since I was a kid I started playing it GTA Vice city to V. Probably about 1000+ I think?

Michael

Reaction score
I don't play Console much.. So, maybe a few hours when I first got it..

Fun Fact: I sold all my games just for GTA 5.

sapett

Reaction score
I have loved GTA since the beginning. I have spent countless hours enjoying these games. There is no way I could figure out an exact amount of time I've spent playing them. I have pulled several all-nighters and lost a lot of sleep.

Zander Collision

Reaction score
I lost count on my fingers. Once I played San Andreas for 35+ hours because my parents were out. ;)

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Is this taking into consideration of all GTA games?
If so, then I'm afraid there would be no calculation of how many hours I actually played them xD

I remember playing the first ones on the original play station. Let alone all the hundred of hours I played respectively each on Vice city, San Andreas, GTA5, etc.

sketchyy

Reaction score
Wasted more than I should have. Couldn't get an exact number even if I tried, considering this franchise has been a part of me since I was a little kid with a lot of time on my hands.

Honeymoon

Reaction score
As in the series? Oh hell um. Can I just say at least two or three full months? GTA was one of the first games that I played. I remember playing GTA: San Andreas non-stop for a week during one of the school holidays, only stopping to eat, shower and sleep. I literally spent the entire day in front of my computer shooting people. It's terrifying how much time we spend on games.

bleblanc10

Reaction score
Well seeing as though I had a 360 and gta 4 while I was in middle school, waaaaaaaaaayyyyy too much time.