• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How do you choose your games?

mcbryan

Reaction score
I choose my game to what is trending on the community. The difficulty of the game is one factor too. If the game consists of difficulty or complex elements I definitely grab it and play. Suggestion by co-gamers or friends is another thing I considered. Most of my co-gamers have the same standard to what I have so most of the time I played or choose the same games they are playing.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I chose all FIFA games even before they are released, cos I have so much trust in them and I know I will never be disappointed. FIFA has been trying with all the game they have made so far
Wow, you actually pre-order stuff? I only did that once and it came to bite me in the ass hard when the game that was promised failed to deliver all the hype. I ended up refunding it after 1 hour of playing, and I never pre-ordered anything since. It's just more realistic to just wait until the game gets out, gets reviewed by fellow players, and then I'll see what the verdict is. Also, most new games these days are insanely expensive, so having to wait for the sale also have its upsides.

fireball916

Reaction score
I typically look at reviews and game play before I buy. If it looks fun and interesting I'll think about buying it. Price is also a factor me. I'd rather spend $60 and get 4 older games I'd like to play than $60 for 1 newer game.

iTommy

Reaction score
I chose my games based on my hobbies.
I like action games and small games for PC.
Other than that, If I see it is an interesting game, I will buy and play it.

overcast

Reaction score
I have lot of variables in mind while choosing the game. I look for the FPS and speed of the game. By FPS I mean first person shooter. And in other options I look at the graphics of the game. This way I make sure that I am not playing some old and graphically hard game to play. And after that I also look if I can play with others or have campaign to play with.

LydiaHilda

Reaction score
Even I like to invest money in buying a game only after I have tried it practically. But this is not possible every time so I ho by YouTube videos and internet reviews.
YouTube reviews are such a lifesaver! Watching someone actually play the game is so much more helpful than just having someone describe it to you.
If I'm looking into a new game, I usually take recommendations from friends and family first, and then I'll take those recommendations and look the game up on YouTube to see what the play experience is like. If it's free to play, like an online game or a game with a demo available, I usually just go for it.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I choose my games, a lot of the time, through my roommate--she is a huge gamer, and we grew up together and have similar sensibilities, so she can figure out if I'd like a game or not before I even know. She turned me onto Destiny recently. I go and look at the trailers also--I just enjoy watching those from entertainment value. I like RPG and sandbox games that I can get lost in for hours at a time, so generally I look for that format and vision.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
YouTube reviews are such a lifesaver! Watching someone actually play the game is so much more helpful than just having someone describe it to you.
If I'm looking into a new game, I usually take recommendations from friends and family first, and then I'll take those recommendations and look the game up on YouTube to see what the play experience is like. If it's free to play, like an online game or a game with a demo available, I usually just go for it.
Yes, YouTube always proves helpful. Moreover I'm happy that most of the times they are authentic reviews uploaded by the users themselves. This further reduces the chances of fake reviews. I always look forward for YouTube reviews about every game.

Jameson

Reaction score
I generally go for the most popular games.This way I am able to compete with my friends and other people I interract with.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I generally go for the most popular games.This way I am able to compete with my friends and other people I interract with.
Keeping in mind the high prevalence of fake advertising videos it is wise to opt for popular games only. Even I do not support investing money in games all of a sudden. I buy only those games on which I have tried my hands on.

ballyhara

Reaction score
Mostly by recommendation, people who knows what I like to play talk to me about it and gets my attention.
Another way is when someone makes me a gift, so there's no choice but to play it.
And obviously by checking out online what's on top, then I go and try it out.

konomi

Reaction score
I don't really seek out new games to buy very often, so for me it's mostly based on what I've heard recently from friends or online. I might browse Steam if there's a sale though. First thing I look at is genre and play style, to see if it's something I'd be interested in at all. I look at graphics, but it's not necessarily about how 'good' or realistic they are -- it's more about whether or not I *like* the style. I might watch some YouTube videos, but it's more about seeing the game in action, rather than relying on a person's review.

Lem

Reaction score
Generally browse Steam and see what takes my fancy. Sometimes I'll see a friend playing a game and want it, or they'll ask me if I'd like to play multiplayer (that's how I got Rocket League), but mostly I'll see what I want on any given day.

Hakinator

Reaction score
Most of the time I only buy games if they are on sale. If I buy a game it has to be a MOBA game or fps game or from another genre I like. I always look at reviews and most of the time I watch a trailer and/or some gameplay of somebody playing the game on YouTube. I also look at the system requirements because I don't wanna spend money on a game my pc can't handle.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
I won't even say I'll choose them lol! I just play whatever people tell me is good. And if they are strategy games even better, You'll have me playing it. My boyfriend is the one that is always telling me to play this or that! and then I continue playing if I found then any good.