• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join ARK Server! Join ARK Discord!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

Gaming Chairs

Discussion in 'Gaming Hardware & Software' started by 22_22, Jul 26, 2012.

1. WarVet

WarVet Member

Makes sense bro. I am graduated in PE and had no idea haha. I guess they never did teach us biomechanics the right way.

2. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

I think the chair ergonomics is more important than it being a gaming chair. As long as it's comfortable and good for your back posture, even an office chair will suffice.

Jonathan Solomon likes this.
  3. Jonathan Solomon

Jonathan Solomon Member

That's basically where I stand. Honestly, I could care less about the design of the char. As long as I have support combined with comfort I'm fine. My current chair was like this when I bought it new. So it was just normal use that wore it out over time.

4. ballyhara

ballyhara New Member

Not a fan of special chairs, whenever there is a chair for this or that, I always end up sitting on a comfy coach.
    Other thing to consider is that a gaming chair can range from $70 to $200, and seriously I rather spend that on more games or more cool accessories. I would like to try one just to kill my curiosity and check out the experience, but is not a big deal for me.

5. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

I agree with you. The 'gaming' chair is just a marketing ploy. I find some chairs more comfortable than gaming chairs. We need to be remember the very basics required of a chair. A comfortable chair to sit on is fine for me. Paying so much money for aesthetics is really not practical in my opinion.

6. Tania997

Tania997 New Member

I prefer an ergonomic chair to a gaming one. Gaming chairs are all about aesthetics, they are also very expensive. If I have to pay for a chair, I'd rather spend $150 on an ergonomic one than a gaming one. The ergonomic is so good for your back, you feel like you almost are on a sofa. My chair can also make you lie down a bit and has a piece in front so you can put your feet there, and you don't have your back straight like you're standing up.

7. ballyhara

ballyhara New Member

Exactly, at the end of the day, in my case, if I'm coming back from work or doing errands on the street (which is my normal day), the last thing I'm going to look for gaming is an ergonomic or aesthetic chair. I will pose my tired body in a soft comfy wide coach, where I can get my homeless posture and enjoy my lazy gaming time

8. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

I agree with you. I think gaming chairs are more necessary if you have a LAN cafe or are organizing tournaments. As much as it's great to have a gaming chair, it's not an essential need for me. I prefer spending the extra funds to improve my PC.

9. TsuyoyRival

TsuyoyRival Member

I just saw a gaming chair in a local shop, and the price was around 200€, which is a lot. I have a 60€ chair, bought it at IKEA, and it's quite comfortable. Enough for my need :p

10. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

IKEA chairs are comfortable. Many of my friends are satisfied with the chairs. They saved the money and bought more games from Steam instead.

11. luispas

luispas Member

A gaming chair is one of the best investments ever because the chairs are so comfortable from my point of view, I see the pro players that can sit on them the hole day and they don't feel bad, their back is always good. I use a normal chair all the time and I have to leave a few moments because my back hurts. It's so sad.

12. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

I feel that there are better chairs than gaming chairs. It's not the peak chair experience yet. I think sitting posture also helps in keeping your back in a good shape.

luispas likes this.
  13. Pink_Turtle

Pink_Turtle New Member

There's a simpe reason why I don't have one of those chairs : I can't afford them simple as that lol. Sad but true. BUT I have this awesome couch that I use to play that is sooo comfy you won't even miss those expensive chairs.

14. luispas

luispas Member

You might be right :( now I'm a bit worry about my sitting posture. I want to know if I'm doing it right, because it looks simple, but maybe there's a better way to do it. Thank you for making me realize about this.

15. ballyhara

ballyhara New Member

that's true, you may have the best gaming or ergonomic chair of the world, but if you take the same vicious posture you will be hurt, specially if you play for hours and hours on that posture. I've been sitting on a coach or regular chair while gaming for years, but I have a very picky mom that used to watch on my posture, and she is way better than a gaming chair, that woman knows how to make you seat straight.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 30, 2017 ---
    Everything is online man, check this link, it has some helpful tips from a Physical Therapist, hope it helps:

16. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

Yes, sometimes we are not aware that our sitting posture changes as we get immersed in gaming. It is great that your mom cares about your sitting posture.

17. Clara1993

Clara1993 New Member

I don't care much about gaming chair for me anything comfortable would do because sometimes I play games on a bus station so I don't really need a specific chair to play my games.

18. Mace

Mace Super Moderator Moderator

Pshhhhh...
    Who needs gaming chairs when we have premium high quality MADE IN CHINA METAL STOOLS!?!?!
    [​IMG]

But on a serious note, yea I have a gaming chair, most definitely does not help my posture though, perhaps because its like four years old...

19. Vladimir Gray

Vladimir Gray Well-Known Member Forum Administrator

I used to have a gaming chair but my parents threw it away after I moved due to it being old and it used to be my brothers... But I will say, it did help a lot as it did give my back a nice comfortable surface and cushioned me pretty well... I've seen some gaming chairs worth $50 and they are still amazing quality...

20. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx New Member

I do! I use a gaming chair when I play on my Xbox. The chair is very comfortable for gaming.