• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Gaming Chairs

msyukionna

Reaction score
OMG! I didn't know gaming chairs are a thing! It would be so useful. I have horrible posture and in my current house, I don't even have a computer desk. I am currently leaning very awkwardly on my couch with my laptop on my lap and my mouse just a little out of reach in a weird angle to my body. It's so bad for health. Haha.

The problem with me is that I'm very short. Most "ergonomically designed" chairs are not designed for someone of my stature. The chairs at my work are comfortable enough but they are still not really the right fit.

*Waits for the day to be able to 3D print my own chair*:unamused::unamused:

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Not a gaming chair, but I have something more like an office chair. It is comfy, that is what matters. I would like to try out the gaming chair once. Just to see if it is really worth it. I don't think it is that important to the casual gamers though. Only the dedicated ones. Since they spend a lot of time playing games, and they need a real comfortable chair that won't hurt their backs or so.

valy

Reaction score
I had a gaming chair in the past, it broke down and now i have a normal PC chair, that is almost the same. In fact i don't see any difference, for me all that matters is the confort. My Pc chair is big, made from brown leather, and i feel great sitting on it and i do't want to change it very soon.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
No, I have never owned or used a proper gaming chair before. I don't know why people love them so much. The price for such a chair is really too high. If you compare it to other ''normal'' chairs - for that price range you can literally get any chair you want. Plus the designs on some of these gaming chairs seem very uncomfortable to me. The lower back area seems weird.

I much prefer my nice, big, comfy office chair. It's nicely pillowed, large armrests, large support for my back and a good cushioned part for when I want to rest my head. All of this for 1/10th of the price of a gaming chair.
They'll put "gaming" in front of a toilet and people would buy it. I don't get it. It won't make you a good player. Any item they sell trying to market to "gamers" never really help you out. You need skill, practice, and fast reflexes to be good at gaming. Not some chair, not some mouse, not some keyboard, not some toilet paper. Just play the game and stop wasting your money spending it on gaming items endorsed by pro players.

nickdamon

Reaction score
I'd really love one a nicer office chair some day. With the amount of time I'm at my desk, it would be extremely beneficial to me I'd like to think. Something nice but nothing crazy expensive like a DXRacer or whatever. That's not in my budget atm :p

Last edited:

SashaS

Reaction score
I used to have an IKEA-esque wooden chair but it was awful and ultimately ruined my posture. Now I have this "Type R' race car bucket seat type office/gaming chair. It has the nice rotating swivel thing underneath and wheels, which is great and increase mobility and fun factor by a thousand. It also has height adjustment, which is really useful when you can't adjust the height of your screen.

Design wise, it isn't that pretty and I hope to swap it out for a Herman Miller or similar chair eventually, but for now its all I have. I won't deny that it is quite comfortable and soft, especially the back. Those DX Racer chairs also look really good but I've lost interested in that childish race car style.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
My gaming chair when i was single was my bed... Now my gaming chair is any chair that is available. And before, my gaming room is my whole place and with loud speakers. Now my space is about 2 ft sq, and i should play with headsets on.

Pixie06

Reaction score
No I don't have a gaming chair. I have a one of those office chairs but it is comfortable for gaming. Gaming chairs are quite expensive over here. I prefer to save this money and buy some games

ZXD22

Reaction score
I don't use one. Would love to try one out someday though.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I honestly don't see the point of gaming chairs. I mean, sure, they're nice for posture and prolonged sessions, but wouldn't any other ergonomic chair do the same? I have been using the same chair for years (nothing fancy, but hey, it's comfortable), and I've never had a problem.
The only ones I can understand buying are racing sim chairs. They must godly along with a steering wheel and a multiscreen setup, but they can be expensive as hell.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I haven't purchased a 'gaming chair' before as I normally prefer to spend the big money on my components and any peripherals I may need. My chair is starting to wear down a lot now though so I'm probably going to invest in a gaming chair soon.
This is so me, or maybe I'm just poor. :'( But I always think about my computer first before anything else. I don't mind sitting on a mono block for the rest of my gaming life as long as my rig is going strong and performs it's best as far as my expectation is concerned. I am currently saving up for a gpu, to hell with the chair. :D

castills

Reaction score
I've never understood the fancy needs, prefering to spend on games and hardware when needed. The only cushion I have is one small mouse pad thing which I lost in a fps rage. Even then, I move around too much to keep using it. If I had to change one thing in my gaming space, it would be a wider desk so I can use a nearby cushioned chair!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My gaming chair when i was single was my bed... Now my gaming chair is any chair that is available. And before, my gaming room is my whole place and with loud speakers. Now my space is about 2 ft sq, and i should play with headsets on.
I did that too, but apparently it's bad for your health. Having your foot dangling would lead to severe nerve damage if you do it long term. Learn from my mistake and get a chair that has your feet flat on the floor. It's not worth the nerve damage and pain that accompanies it, trust me.

castills

Reaction score
This is so me, or maybe I'm just poor. :'( But I always think about my computer first before anything else. I don't mind sitting on a mono block for the rest of my gaming life as long as my rig is going strong and performs it's best as far as my expectation is concerned. I am currently saving up for a gpu, to hell with the chair. :D

Same, I don't have much, but try to keep some beermoney to invest in the powerhouse. Managed to get a sweet gpu on sale, so I won't be spending for a good while this summer. Just snag any nearby chair/sturdy thing to enjoy it right?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Same, I don't have much, but try to keep some beermoney to invest in the powerhouse. Managed to get a sweet gpu on sale, so I won't be spending for a good while this summer. Just snag any nearby chair/sturdy thing to enjoy it right?
Yeah, you'd think people would rather upgrade their PCs rather than buy furniture. After all, it's what's inside the PC that counts, not the outside, am I right? I'm currently trying to upgrade my processor because apparently it's bottlenecking the entire PC because it's on the pretty low end of the bar. After that, probably more storage space; and even then I'll start thinking about upgrading the graphics card. The chair, table, and whatever it is you store it on would be an afterthought.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
For the longest time I used basic office chairs made from leather while gaming and that kept me going for a while. I recently got gifted a DX Racer chair and it's definitely pretty different, much more comfortable than an office chair and you also have a lot of options for customability.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I wish I could, but I don't have enough money for one right now. I use an ordinary chair and it gets quite uncomfortable at times when sitting for long hours straight. I have tried a gaming chair before when I was gaming at a friend's house and it felt so good and right. The comfort is amazing and I bet I could also use one of those for work at home. I realize that gaming chairs are not a necessity, but it would be such an improvement if you get one.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Yup! :D Just get yourself a monoblock chair and put a cushion or pillow on it and you are good to go! But if we were rich kids, then we'd probably be having DX Racers with a foot massage. hahaha

castills

Reaction score
Yup! :D Just get yourself a monoblock chair and put a cushion or pillow on it and you are good to go! But if we were rich kids, then we'd probably be having DX Racers with a foot massage. hahaha

How did I not try a pillow? I guess I've been in the gaming zone aka tunnel vision for a bit too long lol.

m33kuh

Reaction score
How did I not try a pillow? I guess I've been in the gaming zone aka tunnel vision for a bit too long lol.
Pillow bro! Feels like you are in a gaming chair! :D Put one under and on your back.
If you do that, you will your rank or score from playing games increase rapidly!
Proven and tested. :D