• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Gaming Chairs

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
How did I not try a pillow? I guess I've been in the gaming zone aka tunnel vision for a bit too long lol.
Pretty simple solution I agree, but my pillows flatten up rather easily to make it a viable source of comfort for those long hours of gaming. Also the butt area would be a pain too if only your back has soft support while your actual seat is hard as a rock.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I use my living room recliner. Gaming chairs are mostly tacky, overly-expensive furniture which usually are not constructed very soundly and who feature unnecessary additions. Who really needs poor quality speakers int he headrest? You can get better quality surround sound systems from Wal-Mart for $30.

Blaine019

Reaction score
I use an office chair or a simple mono block chair. I really wanted to at least try a gaming chair but it is just way too expensive for me for just a chair.

WarVet

Reaction score
I use my living room recliner. Gaming chairs are mostly tacky, overly-expensive furniture which usually are not constructed very soundly and who feature unnecessary additions. Who really needs poor quality speakers int he headrest? You can get better quality surround sound systems from Wal-Mart for $30.

To be quite honest with you I have been considering getting one of those fancy ones. I have a simple office chair to work on and since I spend many hours online my back has been hurting a lot lately. Perhaps if I had one of those reclinable chairs things wouldn't be so bad. But I agree they are terribly overpriced. In fact, many products aimed at gamers are.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I used to have a gaming chair but it's spoilt. Now I am using a comfortable office chair. Gaming chairs are great but the prices are pretty high. I am only going to get a gaming chair if they have discounts or special offers that may tempt me into getting one.

WarVet

Reaction score
I used to have a gaming chair but it's spoilt. Now I am using a comfortable office chair. Gaming chairs are great but the prices are pretty high. I am only going to get a gaming chair if they have discounts or special offers that may tempt me into getting one.

The problem with my office chair is that it is too short. It makes me stretch myself to reach the computer and my back hurts. My hands and shoulders also become sore. Perhaps I should buy a better office chair instead?

m33kuh

Reaction score
I have seen some cheap office chairs but I'm skeptical on buying one. Sure they are somewhat cheap and all but I would love to see some durability something that would last a year or 2. I know that if I want a durable or a longer lasting one, I should invest in a real gaming DX Racer chair or Secret Lab or something. But this is about office chairs.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I have seen some cheap office chairs but I'm skeptical on buying one. Sure they are somewhat cheap and all but I would love to see some durability something that would last a year or 2. I know that if I want a durable or a longer lasting one, I should invest in a real gaming DX Racer chair or Secret Lab or something. But this is about office chairs.
Better than nothing I suppose. But for a chair, I don't care whether it has the "gaming" label on it or not. As long as it's comfortable enough that my back won't hurt, and if my feet are firmly on the floor, then it doesn't really matter. The chair is going to be the most used item when playing and being comfortable is the main difference between enjoying the game or suffering through playing it.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I use a regular office chair built for comfort. Why on earth would I want to spend $300+ on a gaming chair? There is no advantage over a regular office chair. I do believe the only reason gaming chairs sell at all is because it has gaming in the name and people want to be cool.

fishmonk

Reaction score
The problem with my office chair is that it is too short. It makes me stretch myself to reach the computer and my back hurts. My hands and shoulders also become sore. Perhaps I should buy a better office chair instead?
There are some premium office chairs which are longer. I always think it's better to know the dimensions of your chair to purchase. It's better to test a chair physically so I prefer to go to the furniture store to get one suitable for my use.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Better than nothing I suppose. But for a chair, I don't care whether it has the "gaming" label on it or not. As long as it's comfortable enough that my back won't hurt, and if my feet are firmly on the floor, then it doesn't really matter. The chair is going to be the most used item when playing and being comfortable is the main difference between enjoying the game or suffering through playing it.
Lmao of course. I don't seem to recall an office chair having a gaming label on it. One of my main concerns is the durability specially at the back part because I always tend to lay back a lot, like a lot.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Lmao of course. I don't seem to recall an office chair having a gaming label on it. One of my main concerns is the durability specially at the back part because I always tend to lay back a lot, like a lot.
My office chair's back panel got destroyed weeks after I got it lmao. I used to lean a lot and I just heard a crack, and that was the end of that. I can still use it to lean, but it's now much lower and I can't really do much. But hey, I don't want to buy another, so I guess it will have to do.

Zyrcon

Reaction score
I've been looking into "gaming" chairs, but what I really have started looking at is sit/stand conversions to alleviate some of the body disorders I've picked up over the years of gaming, like upper crossed syndrome.

WarVet

Reaction score
There are some premium office chairs which are longer. I always think it's better to know the dimensions of your chair to purchase. It's better to test a chair physically so I prefer to go to the furniture store to get one suitable for my use.

Always a reasonable strategy buddy. Back then i used my PC only for gaming so it was never an issue for me. Nowadays i have to spend several hours in front of the PC and soreness has been getting to me. I just remembered my father has one of those long chairs he uses when he is home. I might "borrow" it soon. haha

JaiGuru

Reaction score
To be quite honest with you I have been considering getting one of those fancy ones. I have a simple office chair to work on and since I spend many hours online my back has been hurting a lot lately. Perhaps if I had one of those reclinable chairs things wouldn't be so bad. But I agree they are terribly overpriced. In fact, many products aimed at gamers are.

There are lots of new studies that suggest we've got ergonomics wrong. More and more you're hearing that he best long-term position to be in is slightly reclined so any office chair which offers you that option may be a superior choice for you over your standard office chair; even one of these silly gaming chairs I've been making fun of. I can tell you I spend long hours coding with my my wireless keyboard in the comfort of my living room, and I have damaged discs in my lumbar spine so I definitely know back pain. It's easily the least stressful position to be in for me, even on days when it's hard to even stand because the swelling has my nerve pinched. Give it a try and see how it works out for you.

WarVet

Reaction score
There are lots of new studies that suggest we've got ergonomics wrong. More and more you're hearing that he best long-term position to be in is slightly reclined so any office chair which offers you that option may be a superior choice for you over your standard office chair; even one of these silly gaming chairs I've been making fun of. I can tell you I spend long hours coding with my my wireless keyboard in the comfort of my living room, and I have damaged discs in my lumbar spine so I definitely know back pain. It's easily the least stressful position to be in for me, even on days when it's hard to even stand because the swelling has my nerve pinched. Give it a try and see how it works out for you.

You know I think you're on to something here. This chair that belongs to my father that I mentioned is built this exact way "slightly reclined" I just moved down here to give it a go and I already feel my back less stressed. Thanks for the tip!

kgord

Reaction score
I think a slightly reclined chair would likely be the most comfortable. This is one of the ones that would probably have the best ergonomic design for gaming. It would likely be the best for your back and allow you to game with ease.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
You know I think you're on to something here. This chair that belongs to my father that I mentioned is built this exact way "slightly reclined" I just moved down here to give it a go and I already feel my back less stressed. Thanks for the tip!

You have to figure that the slightly arched, upright position of current "ergonomic" chairs puts basically the same stresses on your discs and musculature that standing does. While no sitting position will ever reduce the need to get up and move around as we are naturally built to do, reclining at a gentle angle takes the pressure off of our spinal support system, knees, and the balls of our feet enough that it reduces the potential for injury related to sitting.

m33kuh

Reaction score
My office chair's back panel got destroyed weeks after I got it lmao. I used to lean a lot and I just heard a crack, and that was the end of that. I can still use it to lean, but it's now much lower and I can't really do much. But hey, I don't want to buy another, so I guess it will have to do.
That sucks. Anyway, have you tried repairing it? Do some DIY back panel or something.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
No, and all my friends tease me for having a crap chair, in general, :sweat: Come to think of it, it's amazing all the money I've invested into my machine and headsets themselves and haven't put a single coin in a gaming chair. I guess I don't see the value or relevance of it. I think in the future I may consider buying one especially if I'm led in the right direction.

Can someone recommend me some gaming chairs for a decent budget? Thanks!