• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Free Games

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I really enjoy Fallout Shelter, which is available for free on Steam. It takes place in the Fallout world, and you design and build your own vault from the ground up. You can specialize your dwellers to do different tasks, and send them on quests and exploration missions in the wasteland to find additional loot to help improve your vault. It's a great time killer, and it's something doesn't take a lot of time to play. I like that I can just log on once a day, collect my resources and complete some quests and be done until the next day.
I have it in my library but have never tried it. I played Fallout 4 before and really didn't like it, so I'm not really confident if I'm gonna enjoy this one. Buy hey, like you said, it's free so I can't really complain. It's not like it's a $50 AAA game that's all radiant quests with all these missions.

nickdamon

Reaction score
I decided to try out Paladins since I play Overwatch with my girlfriend often and it's a pretty fun game. It's very "satisfying" if you will, and I really like all the customization options that can set you apart from others.

valy

Reaction score
I hear that Black Mesa is no longer free, but Facebook Games are, and there are excellent good games to play! In fact, you can find a lot of free games on the Internet now, is not like it was a few years ago! Now is much easier to play free games and purchase them!

chumzybabe

Reaction score
I like free games and I play them, I can always install and uninstall the game at any time. There are lots of them in google play.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I have it in my library but have never tried it. I played Fallout 4 before and really didn't like it, so I'm not really confident if I'm gonna enjoy this one. Buy hey, like you said, it's free so I can't really complain. It's not like it's a $50 AAA game that's all radiant quests with all these missions.
I really enjoyed Fallout 3, but haven't played Fallout 4 at all. However, Fallout Vault is a completely different genre than the other fallout games. It's similar to a "city builder" game rather than a first person shooter. If you're interested in something that's pretty casual and laid back, you should check it out!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I really enjoyed Fallout 3, but haven't played Fallout 4 at all. However, Fallout Vault is a completely different genre than the other fallout games. It's similar to a "city builder" game rather than a first person shooter. If you're interested in something that's pretty casual and laid back, you should check it out!
How's the play hours? Per round and as a whole? Is it like a Civilization type game where it would take at least 5 hours to finish? Had a bunch of games bought during the Steam sale so I currently have my hands full; I'm a bit enjoying the cards that drop though from these games. At least 20 cents each, which help make up for the cost I spent on them - which was already discounted in the first place.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
How's the play hours? Per round and as a whole? Is it like a Civilization type game where it would take at least 5 hours to finish? Had a bunch of games bought during the Steam sale so I currently have my hands full; I'm a bit enjoying the cards that drop though from these games. At least 20 cents each, which help make up for the cost I spent on them - which was already discounted in the first place.
It sort of depends how much time you want to devote to it. Essentially, you build different rooms in your vault and assign dwellers to work in them. Those rooms will produce energy, food, water, stimpacks, or rad-away for you to use, depending on which ones you build. Your objective is to keep your energy, food, and water levels above the required amount to keep your vault running. It's not turn based at all.

As you train your dwellers to specialize in the various work rooms, you can also gear them up to go on quests or send them into the wasteland to look for caps, weapons, or outfits. The quests can be fairly intriguing, but they're nothing super time consuming. You send your team on a quest, and it takes them anywhere from and hour to over a day to get there before you can play it (as with most free games, you can put money into it to speed things up), but if you're a casual player, you can just send your dwellers on their way and check back on them later to wrap up the quests.

I've put maybe 10 hours into it, but I leave it running sometimes while I do other things. Your vault keeps working even when you're offline, so you don't need to worry about things crashing and burning if you're not online.

NotCasual

Reaction score
Team-Fortress 2. Although it's dead now, it's actually a very solid game and was totally worth the 20$ when I purchased it. It has hundreds of maps and servers and tons of weapons, something you don't find in free games. The classes are all unique, fun to play and balanced. The problem is that it has become too stale, which makes sense since it's a very old game now. A shame, it could have become an e-sport.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It sort of depends how much time you want to devote to it. Essentially, you build different rooms in your vault and assign dwellers to work in them. Those rooms will produce energy, food, water, stimpacks, or rad-away for you to use, depending on which ones you build. Your objective is to keep your energy, food, and water levels above the required amount to keep your vault running. It's not turn based at all.

As you train your dwellers to specialize in the various work rooms, you can also gear them up to go on quests or send them into the wasteland to look for caps, weapons, or outfits. The quests can be fairly intriguing, but they're nothing super time consuming. You send your team on a quest, and it takes them anywhere from and hour to over a day to get there before you can play it (as with most free games, you can put money into it to speed things up), but if you're a casual player, you can just send your dwellers on their way and check back on them later to wrap up the quests.

I've put maybe 10 hours into it, but I leave it running sometimes while I do other things. Your vault keeps working even when you're offline, so you don't need to worry about things crashing and burning if you're not online.
It was a free game and has achievements so I'll probably play it eventually. Alright, the way you described it sounds fun; I've played Fallout 4 but it was incredibly disappointing. How ironic would it be that a free game that Bethesda released to tease the fans of Fallout 4 release would be a much better game than the $50 full AAA game? Now that's something to look forward to.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Team-Fortress 2. Although it's dead now, it's actually a very solid game and was totally worth the 20$ when I purchased it. It has hundreds of maps and servers and tons of weapons, something you don't find in free games. The classes are all unique, fun to play and balanced. The problem is that it has become too stale, which makes sense since it's a very old game now. A shame, it could have become an e-sport.
I thought they turned it Free to Play? I was sure I saw that tag on TF2 during the last Steam sale. And yes, it died the moment Overwatch opened the stores. Overwatch really killed a lot of competition, but then again TF2 is a 10 year old game already and of course it had to be overtaken by a new game eventually. Still, players had a fun time on it and it was one of those online games that had to just sell custom items to its players. It was a trend setter in that aspect, and I love and hate it for that.

castills

Reaction score
If Facebook Games count, I've spent a lot of time playing Tetris Battle. I was just addicted to the game. Also Cafe World, Candy Crush and 8-Ball Pool. Now, I don't see myself enjoying those games anymore. But I'm always a free to play kind of guy and lots free games still entertain me.

I loved CafeWorld! It was my favorite while in middle school. I admit I used to scour the Facebook pages for the free items like spices. I'm not sure when it lost its appeal to me, but I remember hearing near 2013 about bad treatment of the employees and stopped alltogether.

castills

Reaction score
I like free games and I play them, I can always install and uninstall the game at any time. There are lots of them in google play.
Just like on Steam :) Many have achievements for players that like to be surprised by them (me) or earnest gamers trying to boost their profile. It's a great thing to turn to especially knowing I can't play some the popular fancier games on my craptop.

Zyni

Reaction score
I've been playing Paladins lately here and there. It's pretty fun and as an Overwatch player it does the game immense justice. It's like OW but with more customization options. Definitely worth putting in your arsenal.

I've heard of this one, but I guess I didn't realize it was a free one. I'm going to have to see what it's all about. What I did hear, sounded like it would be a fun game. I do love customization. Thanks for pointing this one out.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
If Facebook Games count, I've spent a lot of time playing Tetris Battle. I was just addicted to the game. Also Cafe World, Candy Crush and 8-Ball Pool. Now, I don't see myself enjoying those games anymore. But I'm always a free to play kind of guy and lots free games still entertain me.
I remember playing candy crush over and over again for about half an year. Likewise I have also played 8 Ball Poll. Even I prefer to play free online stuff most of the times.

Zyrcon

Reaction score
Path of Exile is an extremely high quality, Diablo-type ARPG. They regularly have massive content updates and it has a strong streamer community associated with it as well. I haven't had a chance to play lately, but they're about to release a massive update in the next few months I think.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
A favorite of mine is an older flash game called Dice Wars. It's kind of a streamlined version of Risk in which you roll dive to take over territory. When you butt up against someone else's territory, you can roll against them. Whoever rolls the highest number wins. Dice are handed out at the end of each round dependent on how many connecting territories you control, so you can end up in wars with others and have five dice while they only have three. To win, you simply have to control all of the territory. I can get lost in that game for hours.

lindbergh

Reaction score
Uh... Just login to facebook... Then check your messages. There are a bunch of games that you can play there for free. They're simple games but they're fun nonetheless.

If you want free games that are of higher quality, just bring out your smartphone our tablet and go to the Play Store or the iTunes App Store. There are lots of free games for you to download and enjoy. Merely searching for free games on the app store is even fun! Try it out.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Another free game I really get into is Infectonator and it's sequel. It's a game where you play the role of a mad scientist who has created a means by which you turn civilian populaces into zombies. Through taking out villages, towns, and cities with your zombie hoards you collect resources which you can then spend on improving your ability to infect people. There is a ton of humor in the game, too. You can build an army of hero-class zombies who have special abilities and many of whom are funny pop cultural references.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I loved CafeWorld! It was my favorite while in middle school. I admit I used to scour the Facebook pages for the free items like spices. I'm not sure when it lost its appeal to me, but I remember hearing near 2013 about bad treatment of the employees and stopped alltogether.

Oh, I didn't know about the bad treatment of the employees. Cafe World was one of the games on Facebook that I liked. I really spent a lot of time making my Cafe great. I didn't expect to invest much time in playing that game. I stopped playing after Tetris Battle was released, then I spent most of my time playing that game and abandoned all the other Facebook games.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I remember playing candy crush over and over again for about half an year. Likewise I have also played 8 Ball Poll. Even I prefer to play free online stuff most of the times.

I stopped playing Candy Crush after I was stuck on a certain level and never got out of it. Games should be free! I say no to paid games. With a few exceptions. :smile: