• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favourite Forum Software

Travis

Reaction score
Phpbb3 to me does not look at all Ive seen alot of sites with mybb that look like vbulletin or xenforo or ipb and to me that is awesome

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Travis said:
Phpbb3 to me does not look good at all Ive seen alot of sites with mybb that look like vbulletin or xenforo or ipb and to me that is awesome

Their is a couple of skins that make pbpbb looks really good, but overall it is good a good forum software in my opinion.

Naiwen

Reaction score
Chahine Bond said:
My Favorite Forum softwares are: PhpBB and Mybb.

Indeed or course, or true facts or QFT or amen to it or *Nods, nods*.

RAND0M1ZER

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of myBB, although I've also tried phpBB and SMF. I've yet to try any paid forum software.

Leon

Reaction score
myBB is a great free software (and I use it), but XenForo is the way to go for a premium software, in my opinion. It's just an awesome software all around :)

Skeptik

Reaction score
MyBB is a great bulletin board software. But in my opinion, vB4 is the best by far.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
SkeptiK said:
MyBB is a great bulletin board software. But in my opinion, vB4 is the best by far.

I like the old versions of vB but I though vB5 was really bad.

Skeptik

Reaction score
I have not yet seen vB5 on a site. Lol. What is bad about it? The design or the way it runs? :p

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
SkeptiK said:
I have not yet seen vB5 on a site. Lol. What is bad about it? The design or the way it runs? :p

The design is ok I guess I just don't like the way it runs.

Here is the demo also - http://www.vbulletin.com/vb5demo/

KMRock

Reaction score
Paid mine would have to be vBulletin.

Free I love both MyBB and phpBB.

uchenna

Reaction score
I really like IP Board the most that is what i'm going to spend my next paycheck on.

Eru

Reaction score
I like both Invision Power Board and XenForo. I've spent years working with IPB forums in the past (since IPB 2.x) and I truly enjoyed managing them along with handling the designs. In fact, my very first forum was created with IPB 2.x and it was a very enjoyable experience for me. Many years later, I still like their software. If I were to create a new forum now, it would be using IP.Board, no doubt.

As for XenForo, it's a great forum software despite being new. It gives off a modern feeling and you can say that it's been coded with great ideas in mind. Now if only they could somehow deal with the lawsuit already and return to developing their own software.

Electric Shock

Reaction score
MyBB forEVER.

When I run a forum, 1st choice is MyBB.

If it is extremely complementary to have a paid software just because some random guy who calls himself "king" says so, then I would go for XenForo.

Tango

Reaction score
I first started on a phpbb 2 forum and soon upgraded to a phpbb 3 forum. I was expecting it to be fun but it turned out just the same so being honest phpbb is out of the way.

I've never tried a SMF forum so i have no clue about it. Later when i could afford paid software i bought VBulletin. Believe it or not, i loved it! Then as time went my sites were sold and i moved on. IPB and ExenForo are very good but at my experience VBulletin is best paid software.

Back to free hosting, MyBB is the best by far phpbb is no where near the level of MyBB!

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Tango said:
I first started on a phpbb 2 forum and soon upgraded to a phpbb 3 forum. I was expecting it to be fun but it turned out just the same so being honest phpbb is out of the way.

I've never tried a SMF forum so i have no clue about it. Later when i could afford paid software i bought VBulletin. Believe it or not, i loved it! Then as time went my sites were sold and i moved on. IPB and ExenForo are very good but at my experience VBulletin is best paid software.

Back to free hosting, MyBB is the best by far phpbb is no where near the level of MyBB!

When I first went into foruming, I used SMF and I liked it a lot back then. All the mybb forums that I saw had horrible themes so I thought nothing of mybb until I started seeing more and more good looking mybb themes come out.

Squizls

Reaction score
MyBB, has nice plugin support and easy to customize.

joker

Reaction score
MyBB is my fav, I used proboards, forumotion, social go and webs before but I like MyBB more.