• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favourite Forum Software

Azareal

Reaction score
There are quite a few forum software shich I've used before such as MyBB, phpBB, and SMF (Not fond of it) while I've also co-owned a vB one before.

MyBB is generally my favourite free one (or AtomBB, when I get that done) while vB3 was my favourite in the past although, recent decisions by vB push me towards IPB in the paid region.

What is your favourite forum software?

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Mybb is defiantly my favorite free one, I use to like Vb also just Vb5 I believe lead me to dislike them. My favorite paid forum software would either be IPB or Xenforo, I can't decide.

Azareal

Reaction score
Toxique said:
Mybb is defiantly my favorite free one, I use to like Vb also just Vb5 I believe lead me to dislike them. My favorite paid forum software would either be IPB or Xenforo, I can't decide.
Main issue with XenForo is the huge lawsuit which seems to have really taken it's toll on them.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Azareal said:
Toxique said:
Main issue with XenForo is the huge lawsuit which seems to have really taken it's toll on them.

Lawsuit ? I never heard about it, what happened ?

MrCreaper69

Reaction score
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/california-case-update.10037/

Anthony

Reaction score
I like Mybb its self as its better paid for than free versions.

Azareal

Reaction score
MrCreaper69 said:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/california-case-update.10037/
XenForo seemed fairly confident about the lawsuit back then but, I hear that they're really feeling the blow these days.
That said, I don't really think it's their fault, more like a company which can't take competition suing them.

Travis

Reaction score
My favorite is Vbulletin just because i love there features
My favorite free one is mybb because it looks so much better then phpbb3 or smf

Azareal

Reaction score
BaconSammich said:
My favorite is Vbulletin just because i love there features
My favorite free one is mybb because it looks so much better then phpbb3 or smf
The thing which really deterred me from SMF was having to install a mod to stop other admins from demoting you, since I remember their attitude being along the lines of, "An administrator by definition has full access" which obviously conflicts with the idea of restricting what admins can do.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
SMF also doesn't have as much amazing or unique themes as mybb does. Mybb also has themes that look like IPB, Xenforo, And vB

Fuzed

Reaction score
Xenforo isnt really good.Barely any options in the ACP.
vBulletin is my favorite paid one.myBB is my favorite free one.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
BaconSammich said:
Yea smf to me is alot of garbage

Actually when I first got into forum making, I started using SMF a bit. I became so use with it's admin cp.

TwisTZ

Reaction score
I reckon IPb is the best $$$$ to buy., It is ver coding and very easy to use, Vb is not very good, and the free 1's are mybb is very good.

Kalaborative

Reaction score
I like Mybb best as the free one , and IPB as paid board. I'm hoping it'll be doing better soon too!

Naiwen

Reaction score
Kalaborative said:
I like Mybb best as the free one , and IPB as paid board. I'm hoping it'll be doing better soon too!

Me too or well said, well put.