• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS1 Favorite PS1 Game

Blaine019

Reaction score
My favorite game is Monster Rancher 2. Its a monster raising game and I'm still playing this game in my emulators because I really love this game and its a part of my childhood. I was really addicted to this game, I remember playing this after school until bedtime every day.

peachpurple

Reaction score
Street Fighter, my hubby and I could play for hours fighting and using the special powers. No wonder the game pad button were stuck! Besides that, I had played Final Fantasy, Tekkan 3 and Megaman X6, all are arcade games.

Tania997

Reaction score
Crash bandicoot is my favorite PS1 game. I just loved the first three, and I'm currently playing the trilogy on my PS4. Just beat crash 1 there and it was really hard, I can't believe how 7 years old me beat that because I found it incredibly difficult in almost every level.

Pakunstunchi

Reaction score
My Favorite game by far final fantasy anthologies. I played that game so much as kid. I loved everything in that game. The characters, The art style, battle system. No one on this earth Can tell me that it was a bad game. I especially loved the job class in the game. Seeing my party change when I needed them to was so great. Nothing has ever come close to that feeling I get when playing that game.

Frank

Reaction score
I've only recently found out that Crash gets a lot of hatred hurled towards it as being sort of a red-headed step-child between Mario and Sonic, but I couldn't imagine my childhood without his adventures on PS1. My friend and I would play it until our eyes bled. Well, not literally, but we loved that game. There was also Metal Slug which was an arcade port I think? Anyway, it was a shoot-em-up style of game and could be played in co-op so it was a load of fun.

lindbergh

Reaction score
The PS 1 has a huge library of games from all genres. I've played a lot of great games and here are the ones that stood out:
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins - an awesome game that made you feel like an actual ninja. You could set traps, slit throats, throw shurikens, and even feed your foes poisoned rice.

Metal Gear Solid - another stealth game with an amazing story about war and nanomachines (whatever that is). Aside from the story, MGS also featured lots of weapons and gadgets at your disposal and epic boss battles.

Final Fantasy 7-9 - whenever I played a FF game in the past, I was always filled with joy. Even if they had mediocre stories, the games were still interesting because of the abundance of things to do.

Tekken 3 - my favorite fighting game on the system. It was an almost perfect port of the excellent arcade game by Namco plus a lot of different extras thrown in.

Xenogears - another RPG from square which deviated from the traditional turn based formula to an action turn based fighting system hybrid. The thing that sets this apart from the rest though is its incredible story. This game is epic and I still remember it fondly up to this day.

And the winner is: Xenogears!

Haristar

Reaction score
Even though I have never owned a PS1 of my own I have played some cool games in it. My favorite is tekken3 and final fantasy. Seeing me renting PS1 and playing games my dad bought me a PS2 of my own and then I got addicted to it and keep playing for hours. But now I have changed for good. :) But they were golden times. :)

Yiskah

Reaction score
For sure it has to be Crash Bandicoot trilogy! Second is Spyro! Riding the tiger and dinosaur in Crash was and still is so memorable. Spyro's levels were unique and the control play of Spyro was quite nice. I am impressed at the remastered Insane trilogy out on PS4. Death to Moneybags!!!

Pixie06

Reaction score
I never had a PS1 but nevertheless I used to play those PlayStation 1 games at my cousin's place. My favorite game is definitely Metal Gear solid. It was one among the first PS1 games that I played. It was such a nice experience to play this game and the graphics were quite good too.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
I've mentioned the games I like a lot, but what I played the most in the PS1 back then was Tekken 3, probably! And Tomba 2.

I was also really obsessed with Inuyasha and Shaman King back in the days, so I played the PS1 games released for both those series (Inuyasha: A Feudal Fairytale and Shaman King: Spirit of Shamans) when I got my hands on them. Of course, they were in japanese, so I had literally no idea what was going on, but I certainly loved them.