• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS1 Favorite PS1 Game

Guardian

Reaction score
What's your favorite game from PS1?

I only had two that were any good before I moved on to PS2, but of them I loved NASCAR 98 because of the paintball cheat code. I would just paintball everyone as they passed me and it would spin them out. :p Fun stuff.

uchenna

Reaction score
Mine was Twisted Metal 1 and 2. I played them games for hours.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I forgot what it was called but it was a dirt bike racing game.

Zahreah

Reaction score
i would always play the original commmand and conquers on ps1. Those pixel tanks where amazing!

Guardian

Reaction score
Twisted Metal 2! I remember that game, loved that one as well.

I had Command and Conquer also. Moved to computer RTS games once I tried it on PC though. Much easier. :p

Zahreah

Reaction score
Guardian said:
Twisted Metal 2! I remember that game, loved that one as well.

I had Command and Conquer also. Moved to computer RTS games once I tried it on PC though. Much easier. :p

Yeah games like that are much better on PC

robertson123

Reaction score
Well as i still own a ps1 and a ps2 2 great consoles i love tekken 3 on the ps1 excelent beat em up and graphics good aswell it just looked like the arcade game you couldnt notice the difference i think this pushed the ps1 to its limits it was one of the later games that came out for it:*[

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
robertson123 said:
well as i still own a ps1 and a ps2 2 great consoles i love tekken 3 on the ps1 excelent beat em up and graphics good aswell it just looked like the arcade game you couldnt notice the difference i think this pushed the ps1 to its limits it was one of the later games that came out for it:*[

I would keep the ps1 and ps2 until they become hard to find then sell them for a lot of money and see if anyone will buy them ;)

robertson123

Reaction score
I totaly agree with you Toxique but when the time comes i will miss then greatly:*[

Vanadium23

Reaction score
Haha ^^ I still prefer the command and conquer games on console. Although I play all the others on PC :p

All time favourites are Crash Team Racing and Medievil. I can't choose out of them because ctr was the most fun, but you needed other players haha

robertson123

Reaction score
I also love a game on the ps1 called Final Fantasy 8 I think it was the best Final Fantasy on the ps1

Bazinga!

Reaction score
My favorite PS1 game was Twisted Metal. I loved playing that game. It was even more fun when you had other people to play that game with.

ShaneVP

Reaction score
The very first GTA has to be my favourite PS1 game. Back when it was a birds eye view and the graphics were just terrible, even though I have amazing memories from it! Absolutely great game and memories! :)

Bench

Reaction score
My favorite was 50 winks.... well i think it was called that

David17k7

Reaction score
Crash Bandicoot, was my favorite game ever for the PS1...Good times right there :)

cocolgooh

Reaction score
Crash Bandicoot, was my favorite game ever for the PS1...Good times right there :)

I'm with you on that one! I used to love the Crash Bandicoot games. I still have them (along with my PS1) somewhere actually. I used to love trying to get past all the levels. There was something about it that really grabbed my attention.

niightwind

Reaction score
It isn't a game that I would play now because there's definitely better games out there, but I remember watching my brother play Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Destiny, and always been so enthralled with it. I was too young when the console came out to have played a whole lot of the games first hand (considering I was born in 1995), though. I've since then played a lot of the Tales Of series myself; such a great game. The first PS console I actually played myself, though, was PS3 at a friend's house.

pwarbi

Reaction score
A game that I always remember from the PS1 days is destruction derby. I think it was one of the first games ever released for the console, it was the first game I bought anyway and after coming from a Sega Megadrive, you can imagine how much of a leap that was.

shadowsupernature

Reaction score
The PS1 era had so many games that I enjoyed. For me, there are a bunch of REALLY good stand out games.

But two in particular really have a fond place in my memories. Ape Escape and Tomba.

Ape Escape was literally the first game to make proper use of the Dualshock controller (remember, back then the Dualshock was a new thing and the original PS controllers had no twin sticks). At first I hated it, but it was a labor of love and it got to the point that I played the game and beat it at least 5 times over.

Tomba was the one that had immediate charm. I had NO growing pains on this one. From beginning to end the game was the perfect platformer. Simple, colorful, not-to-challenging. I can go on and on when it comes to Tomba.

There's a reason it's considered a classic.

chiwasaki

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Crash Bandicoot in PS1 and Final Fantasy. I became addicted to PS1 when I was in college and I spent a lot of time playing PS1 games during that time.