• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS1 Favorite PS1 Game

shadowsupernature

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Crash Bandicoot in PS1 and Final Fantasy. I became addicted to PS1 when I was in college and I spent a lot of time playing PS1 games during that time.

Crash Bandicoot WOULD have been my number 1 if Ape Escape or Tomba didn't exist.

Honestly, Sony needs to do SOMETHING to buy the rights back for that. But then again, who would they get to work on it if they did?

Naughty Dog already said they're done with mascot-like products, which is why we ever saw a new Jak.

zanderlex

Reaction score
My favorite PS1 game also happens to be my favorite game of all time and that is Guardian's Crusade. I used to play that all the time. Some of my other favorites which also happen to be in my top 10 of all time include NASCAR 98, Twisted Metal 2, and Yugioh Forbidden memories.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Abe's Oddysee Oddworld, by far was my favourite PS1 game. Closely followed by Crash Bandicoot of course.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Abe's Oddysee Oddworld, by far was my favourite PS1 game. Closely followed by Crash Bandicoot of course.
Those plus add Spryo the Dragon!!!!

I actually want to buy the new Abe's Oddysee Oddworld game. Same game, just updated to latest graphics :)

Zander Collision

Reaction score
Crash Bandicoot, Crash Team Racing, Monkey Man, Smack Down, Tekken. Just to name a few.

Lohengrin

Reaction score
It was always Final Fantasy 7 on the PS1. Played it more times than I could count.

missionreport

Reaction score
There were tons of iconic games during this era. Castlevania, Devil May Cry, Vakyrie profile just to name a few. It's actually quite unfortunate that bloody roar never made a come back with the ps2. I mean that game really packed a punch.

john franklin

Reaction score
My favorite PS1 game is Tekken 2. It was the first 3D game I ever played on PS1. I use to play it for hours in the beginning. My favorite character in this game was Law who is playing the role of Bruce Lee. Another game that I love on PS1 is Soul Edge. I love the background music in it. I can feel myself fighting with a sword in this game.

I have memories with PS1 as it was the first console that I bought with my own earnings.

gameten

Reaction score
PS1 is my favorite out of all the PS consoles. I really enjoyed playing PS1 games back in the day. My favorite would be Breath of Fire IV, it is the only game that I have cleared more than once.
I also was and still am a fan of JRPG/ tactics game like Final Fantasy tactics, Tactics Ogre, Fire Emblem, etc.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Crash Bandicoot was my go to game for PS1, it was definitely the best game on PS1 for me, there's adventure, quests, story, attacking enemies, dodging enemies. I rate it 10/10. Never got bored with that game.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
If you are talking about the old PS1 then my most favorite games in it are Tekken 2, Soul Edge and GTA. These are the classic games that I played on PS1. Final Fantasy is also the one of an entertaining game.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I think everyone here has played and loved Crash Bandicoot, right? Both the original trilogy and Crash Team Racing are up there in my list.
Spyro and Medievil are both worth an honorable mention, too. Oddworld, Heart of Darkness and Resident Evil 3 all creeped me out, but playing them in the dark was the highlight of my days.

Denis_P

Reaction score
There isn't a single doubt in my mind when it comes to this question. My favorite PlayStation One game is, and always will be, Metal Gear Solid. I started off my gaming career with the SNES, and games like Super Mario World and Mega Man X made me fall in love with gaming. But when the PlayStation came along, and I got to play Metal Gear Solid, that was when I truly became an enthusiast. It was my first PlayStation game, and I've kept up with the series for the twenty years that it's been around.

thart

Reaction score
It's absolutely Crush Bandicoot my best favorite PS 1 game, There is also Pepsi Man and a game called Heart, I don't know if members know this game or not.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Guardian my favorite game from PS1 was Spyro, twisted metal. This game was awesome at his time. I am not playing it anymore, now that I am thinking better I become melancholic when I think about this game because was one of the first games in my PlayStation.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Mentioned a lot of my usual favorites on the other threads so I figured I might as well choose a different one for this one. I guess it would be Smackdown 2 for me. It was so fun at the time, I even played it again with my friend using an emulator recently and it was funny as hell. The graphics and gameplay were a mix of bad and good at the same time, where things looked so bad that it's good.

aussie2

Reaction score
Has to be final fantasy 9 for me. I know it's one of the more divisive final fantasy games, but I have some very fond memories of hogging the ps1 while playing it for hours. Maybe I'm biased though, because it was my first final fantasy game and what drew me into the series.

Jameson

Reaction score
My favorite PS1 games was Gran Turismo riders.It was a fascinating racing game.