• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Nintendo Console?

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Mine was the SNES because that was the console where donkeykong was reinvented. I love donkeykong. Back then, I even have a donkeykong game and watch. Yeah guys, there was a game console called game and watch.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
Gamecube. I put so many hours into all the games I had for that console. Plus it came out when I was at an age where I could actually appreciate games as a kid and I also had a clue on how to play games.

Ferns

Reaction score
I have the first generation handheld Nintendo Gameboy where the games are in black and white. I also have the 3DS which I love but my favorite is the square-shaped foldable Gameboy in color. I like it the most because I saved up my pocket money for months to make a purchase, it means a lot to me.

wherearemydragons

Reaction score
Gamecube, hands down. So many fond memories of playing awesome games on it. Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine... of course Wind Waker and Twilight Princess as well. I also had the LoZ Collector's Edition with the older games on it. Ahhh I wish I still had mine now, haha.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Easy winner for me - my favorite Nintendo console is SNES. It was my first console and it was the introduction to proper gaming in a way. I loved playing it so, so much.

All the Mario games, Kirby, Zelda, Mega Man... it still has so many of my favorite games even after all of these years. I saw that mini SNES was announced just a day ago... definitely considering buying it because I loved the original one! Just hope that the price for Europe isn't too high.

BrokenDownFlier

Reaction score
My favorite Nintendo console was the SNES because of all the good rpg's at the time were on it. Sure, Sega had a few but they didn't look as cool as those from the SNES. I had tons of cartridges for both the NES and SNES; I still have both working consoles in a box somewhere in storage. I always told myself I was going to upgrade to the dual NES/SNES console to take up less space but then I got hardcore into PC gaming. I did end up buying a power supply that had two wires to control both of the Nintendo consoles.

MLF

Reaction score
The OG NES for me.

Even though I had Ataris before it, all of my earliest gaming memories were formed with it. Hundreds of hours playing the various Super Mario Brothers games. Getting pummeled by Mike Tyson after entering the code to fight him. Up, up, down, down, left, right, left...

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
The SNES is amazing and has hands down one of the most complete game libraries of all time, but nostalgia is telling me to go with GBA. I've loved just about anything I've tried on it, and I admit I have a thing for handheld consoles.
However, if I had to go with a purely hardware-based choice, I would definitely go with the 3DS. You can potentially have access to all NES, SNES, GBA, DS and 3DS games: it almost feels like an all-star collection. And, well...it's portable. The idea of having so much stuff in my pocket is mind-blowing.

Denis_P

Reaction score
My favorite Nintendo console is also my favorite console of all time, and that is the Super Nintendo Entertainment System! The SNES was my first video game console and I grew up with it, still playing well into my adulthood. It had one of the greatest gaming libraries of all time, next to the PlayStation 2, and many of my all time favorite games are from it. I'll never get tired of playing the many countless classics like Super Mario World, Mega Man X, Street Fighter II: Turbo, and Gradius 3.

Lexi

Reaction score
I pick the N64 as my all time favorite. It was my first console and I have so many good memories of it. I still have it and it still works, although a lot of the games are missing. Of course, you'd have to fight with it once in a while, but it was amazing for me. Certainly, something I could never replace, even to this day.

Sino989

Reaction score
My favorite nintendo console would hands down be the gamecube because it was such a great console and because I grew up on the gamecube so it's my favorite also because of that. The gamecube also some of my favorite games and there are just so many other reasons why I love the gamecube!

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Right now, Nintendo Switch. What a huge leap for Nintendo devices. Seriously, the first handheld Skyrim that runs oh so smoothly. I also think it was just about the time that Nintendo released a handheld that rivals the Sony Playstation handhelds' graphics. Technically, the Switch is a console too as you can hook it up to your TV and play your games there, which is a really good feature from Nintendo right there, my hats off to you sir.

WarVet

Reaction score
Right now, Nintendo Switch. What a huge leap for Nintendo devices. Seriously, the first handheld Skyrim that runs oh so smoothly. I also think it was just about the time that Nintendo released a handheld that rivals the Sony Playstation handhelds' graphics. Technically, the Switch is a console too as you can hook it up to your TV and play your games there, which is a really good feature from Nintendo right there, my hats off to you sir.

Indeed Nintendo Switch was a fresh breath of life to a (In my opinion) struggling company. While Sony and Microsoft have evolved, researched the market, targeted more mature audiences and so on, Nintendo held on tightly to their classics which are great of course and have millions of fans out there but does not add much to the "Innovation" and "Gaming evolution" concepts.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Indeed Nintendo Switch was a fresh breath of life to a (In my opinion) struggling company. While Sony and Microsoft have evolved, researched the market, targeted more mature audiences and so on, Nintendo held on tightly to their classics which are great of course and have millions of fans out there but does not add much to the "Innovation" and "Gaming evolution" concepts.

True that! I do also think that they've been a struggling company before the Switch because they chose to keep those classic look in games in the era where most people were fighting over which game has better graphics. I mean, Nintendo's titles are good, but most of them are good because they are legacy games and they've made an impact before already. But I've always preferred Sony's handhelds over Nintendo's, I thought the only game I regret not being able to play on PSP is their Pokemon series and that's it.

Fast forward to 2017 and we now have the first handheld Skyrim. I mean just by that, you could already tell that they're going to blow people away with the other games that the Switch is about to offer.

WarVet

Reaction score
But I've always preferred Sony's handhelds over Nintendo's, I thought the only game I regret not being able to play on PSP is their Pokemon series and that's it..

True I missed Pokemon games as well. It seems to me they're making a slow but certain comeback. I sorry but I cannot imagine Nintendo dishing out titles of the stature of God of War, Halo, Killzone, And other exclusives. But still who knows what they'll come up with next, maybe they'll surprise us with some virtual technology gadget.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
True I missed Pokemon games as well. It seems to me they're making a slow but certain comeback. I sorry but I cannot imagine Nintendo dishing out titles of the stature of God of War, Halo, Killzone, And other exclusives. But still who knows what they'll come up with next, maybe they'll surprise us with some virtual technology gadget.

I get you, man. Now that I think of it, Nintendo has always been more of a family-friendly company, which I think really puts a big limit on them as they won't be able to make games with darker storylines. I do hope they would have their own exclusives soon though, and hopefully touch a darker subject matter. With the leap in graphics in Switch, it would be a waste if it would only be used in child-friendly games.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
Nintendo handhelds have always been excellent pieces of equipment. I'd argue better than their consoles recently. The Wii and Wii U seemed lackluster, but anything that can play 3DS hardware is quite good. I have a 2DS, and I want the horribly named New 2DS, but the fact that the 3DS keep getting ports of older Nintendo classics AND new fun titles gives it strength other Nintendo things haven't been able to match in recent years.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Guardian my favorite Nintendo console was Gamecube the most fantastic controller, and excellent games. Gameboy Player and unique games like Crystal Chronicles and 4 swords. The second one was NES where the original games abound and while most have not aged well, the library is still great to this day.

pichugirl

Reaction score
I love all the portable consoles, but my favorite are Nintendo 3ds and Dsi. I think is because all the titles i got to play, and good memories I have with them, they were my world when I was young and I have to give them all the credit for how much I enjoyed and entertained myself :bluesquaretongue:

Rebelssis

Reaction score
My favorite Nintendo Console is the Nintendo 64. That brings me so many memories from my childhood and the games were just so cool for that time. Of course, I like the Wii console too, but I just prefer to stay with the Nintendo 64. Although now with the technology I have to play with an emulator, thanks to my brother that sold his Nintendo.