• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Nintendo Console?

ScorpionWaterfall

Reaction score
I like the SNES because it had the best games. I also like the N64 controllers. The Super Nintendo System was my favorite, though.

lexinonomous

Reaction score
I have to go with N64. My childhood revolved around that console and I never tired of it. I feel like there were a few select games that tied into the console so well, that it's hard to forget the memories. A lot of my time was spent with family during the holidays. I got a lot of good use out of the N64.

Rosenii

Reaction score
My favourite Nintendo console is the n64. I had it as a kid so I might just be biased because of nostalgia. But looking back, it had some really great games. It also had the extra piece you could put into the controller to use your own pokemon in Stadium. The 5 year old me loved that.

djordjem87

Reaction score
Basically this is not about how good they were but more about how much they remind us of good old times. Nintendo 64 was great but NES is my favourite. I was just the right age for that console then and although I never had NES console I had Terminaor console which is the same thing but made for another market. I remember playing with my uncle games that involve competing. Usually sport games. It was a good time. And since here in Serbia in the 90's it was war time this console is a rare good thing.

MHFU

Reaction score
My favorite device from Nintendo was the DS. I would have said the Nintendo 64 because I enjoyed Super Mario 64, but the DS had an updated release with more content and better graphics. The other game I really enjoyed was Pokemon Platinum. Despite it being many people's least favorite generation, I found it to be my favorite. It may have been because it was the first Pokemon game I played. I liked the thought of capturing some Pokemon so badly that I searched online for hours on how to get them, even when they were not in the game. At the time of its release, I didn't understand how glitchy some things were in a lot of the games, but now that I look back, it makes me happy that I could play like that at one point and still have fun. Some of my favorite games were Lego Star Wars, the Spider-Man games, and the Call of Duty released for the DS. These games are special to me. Nostalgia cleanses a game from its flaws.

ShadowRaion

Reaction score
I think I like something about each system, but the N64 was my first console. Mine is still functioning fine, which is wonderful. I feel the games have a lot of replay value. 1) for nolstalgia. 2) They are very fun and have a lot of unlock-able content for back in the day.

I think Nintendo has always done a great job of being different that what is out there. Whether hit or misses, there is always something fun to be found.

jenmc

Reaction score
Tough choice. I liked all of the Nintendo systems and I own them all. Since I grew up in the 80's, I am going to stick with the original NES. That was my first gaming console, the one that got me hooked. Plus, the NES is the console that I played my all-time favorite Mario game, Super Mario 3 on.

fcuco

Reaction score
The NES was the first one that I had, but the N64 was my favorite. All the games were amazing, the controller was awesome and comfortable. The multi player experience, albeit only split screen was the most fun that you could have with friends. Some games were really both impressive and fun, like Goldeneye, one of the best games ever. Super Mario 64 was amazing too, it was the whole 3D thing done right for the first time. Wave race 64 was the best thing in the history of mankind.

The Wii is a close second, I am still waiting for something as fun as the simple Wii Tennis game, and nope, that kinect is not the same, that thing doesn't work at all.

Steamroller

Reaction score
Super Nintendo! So many games. Nintendo enjoying its golden era. Megadrive's competition. Synth Masters. No DLCs. Man, nothing wrong went with that generation (except for the tons of crappy games that nobody gave much attention anyways). Yup, as a nostalfag, I pick Supah Nintendo as my favorite.

Dame6089

Reaction score
For me I would say the Gamecube, but it is probably for nostalgic reasons. I was in middle school at the time of the Gamecube, so I had a ton of time to play all of the gems on that system. I particularly have fond memories of Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and Smash Bros Melee. Also the Gamecube was the last time that Nintendo really had good versions of sports games like Madden, which is something that is missing from the Wii and Wii U.

abonnen

Reaction score
My favorite older gaming system is Super Nintendo (24), it is my favorite I think becasue it is what I grew up with, I have had the same system since I was six or seven (when my brother got it for his birthday, now I got it :) ) and I have always played it for the last 19-18 years. I also have alot of games for it which helps

rz3300

Reaction score
Well I would say that I still have my allegiance to the Nintendo 64, mostly just for reasons of nostalgia. There are some classic games, though, like Goldeneye and Star Fox that I think will never really be re-released or things that we may see again, which is valuable to me. You can also argue that it is the best version of Super Smash Brother too, which is big time. I really love them all, but the N64 still has those feelings to me. Thanks for sharing.

Tomm89

Reaction score
My favorite is the Gamecube because it had such a great variety of awesome games like Super Smash Bros Melee, Zelda The Wind Waker, Mario Kart Double Dash, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. This console also just had a lot of fun and original games that inspired some of the games being released today. Also the capability of being able to connect your Gameboy to the console was a fun away of connecting with friends or taking your games on the go. It is still a fun console to this day and I hope the rumored NX will be as good or even greater than the Gamecube.

littlestar

Reaction score
I would say the Gamecube. It had a really good selection of games and the game quality was actually really good for its time. The 3DS is also very good right now, though you do lose visual quality because of the size.

zanderlex

Reaction score
I have to go with the Gamecube because that had some great games on it, like Pokemon XD, which was one of my favorites at the time.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
Wii without a doubt. Does everyone remember when the Wii came out? That level of user interaction brought about a new meaning to gaming equivalent to OculusRift and those types of 3D goggles. When the Wii came out everyone in the family made their own avatar and we would compete against each other playing tennis and bowling on the Wii Sports game. Those were truly happy days time is so cruel.

GameCube

Reaction score
I think this is sort of a silly question as of course, the most modern one would be the answer. Anyway, though, of all the ones I've actually played a lot, I'd have to say the original Wii is my favorite. Nonetheless, of course, the Wii U is better and probably the Nintendo Switch would be equal or greater than the Wii U.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
My favorite Nintendo console would be the Wii. For some reason, my family has played it the most, even after we got a Wii U. I remember liking the GameCube when I was a little kid, but we eventually sold it or something, so we must not have been that attached to it. I think it's going to be a while before I get a Switch still.

Cauohashi

Reaction score
For me, my favorite is Super Nintendo because it was my first game. I have my Super Nintendo to this day, sometimes I play Super Mario World and it's really cool.
It was with Super Nintendo in the early 90's that I started to enjoy games.

Javo1096

Reaction score
To me historically it's the Nintendo Wii because opened the door for the interactive movement playability, before this console you would just sit and play with the controller and when the Wii came out the people were blown away for the fact that you could actually control a character with your real life movements, without the Wii we wouldn't have virtual reality in our present in my opinion.