• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you play mobile games to kill time?

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Yes, I play mobile games to spend my time.We have now full-fledged console quality available in android.These games require some serious time to spend.Despite all of these,the majority of games can be called as time killers.When you have nothing to do any,they are great to play ,killing time.But beware of them they are much more prone to take your time you desire to kill.

SashaS

Reaction score
At the moment, yes. I usually mess around in a game like Don't Touch The Spikes while listening to music or while waiting for an event to happen, someone to arrive, an ad break to end, e.t.c. I used to play a lot of other mobile games more for the fun factor or for the competitive side, such as Clash Royale and Asphalt 8. But I got a bit too carried away and ended up nearly frying my brand new iPhone. There's no harm in playing mobile games seriously or competitively, but it gets a bit boring, especially if you don't have any peripherals.

Consoles and PC's do ultimately offer a better catalogue of games and peripherals to play with, as well as a much, much bigger screen. That's not to say you can't make yourself a nice mobile gaming rig though. Pair an iPad Pro with a keyboard and one of those aftermarket controllers, and you have yourself a decent, albeit expensive mobile gaming station.

thart

Reaction score
Ohhh you play inside the school, you are such a bad boy haha just kidding. For me i like to play temple run and subway surfer.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Playing in mobile is always a fun and good time pass.But it has some limitations.We can not have the advantages of PC or laptop where we have accessories to help in playing different types of game with peripherals.I play jungle book,subway surfer,temple run,disney games.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
I do love racing games and whenever I'm traveling or I need to kill some times I play Asphalt 8 and Real racing on my mobile device. Other than that I do have lots of games like Subway surfer, Temple run, candy crush, fruit ninja, etc. Whenever I got bored or something I do play them and I guess I'm gonna check out some more new mobile games today on google play store.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I prefer to play games on the PlayStation. However, I do have some games on my phone too. I usually play those games while I am travelling or if I am at some place where I don't really know what to do. You can say that I play those mobile games to kill time. I don't usually buy mobile games since I rarely play those games. I just download the free games.

Neo

Reaction score
Yes, I do play games on my mobile. When I have nothing to do and no possibility of playing on the PlayStation, mobile games come to the rescue. Its a great way to kill spare time and is pretty relaxing. It takes my mind off of other things for a while. They are amazing for long journeys too!

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Yep, pretty much. I don't game on my phone a lot due to not enjoying many of the games, but I do have a couple of time wasters for the times I'm stuck waiting at an airport or something. My favorite time waster has to be New Star Soccer, you can actually build a career and it's pretty enjoyable once you get far.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Pokémon Go. I play as my mean to kill time while I'm strolling the alleys around. It don't go and wander too often though. Wish I could catch better Pokémon, or even a legendary one, but I'm just lvl 25 and right now levelling became a chore than something fun to do.
I don't like the premise of that game. People looking at their phones instead of watching out for cars; people wandering into unknown areas just for Pokemon; people getting mugged because they were playing alone and didn't realize they were being followed. It's not worth it, and if you're gonna play a game might as well play a stationary one so you don't get into trouble with all the walking.

Moaz

Reaction score
Well, I hate playing on the mobile..but yes, if I'm bored and the PC or the Console isn't available for any reason, I'll just use my mobile to kill time as you stated.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Pandaa, Yes I play games on my phone very often, because I spend a lot of time traveling to work, off work. The building where I work is not my city so I must travel around 60 kilometers, so, I spend more than an hour until I reach to work and in all this time I play games on my mobile.
Playing games, it makes time to pass faster when I'm on the road!

Joshmoy

Reaction score
I also have some games on my mobile phone and I play them sometimes to kill time. I play them when I'm waiting for a lecture, waiting for a bus at the station, or just generally bored.

I have this volleyball game I play from time to time. I also play soccer and grand theft auto on my mobile phone.

chumzybabe

Reaction score
I have alot of games in my smart phone and I usually play them when am coming back from the office on the traffic or when am bored and alone at home

Lindsy90

Reaction score
I do not really play games in order to kill time because i am mostly busy in the sense that there is not enough to play games, but i play games in order to enjoy time :D

Maxthewriter

Reaction score
Yes, I play them to kill time. Notwithstanding, there are more important reasons why I play them: to relax, to have fun when I'm not at home, and to use up some excess mobile data.

Although, there are lots of mobile games which are played not just to kill time, but to get your brain juices flowing. I find myself spending some time on this mostly when I feel dull and need to jog my memory.

Lexi

Reaction score
Unless it's really engaging, I find myself having a short attention span for mobile games. I play them to kill time, like when I wait for a class to start or in a waiting room. However, I notice I'll spend a few minutes on it, then leave it. Now, that's also because a lot of them make you wait hours to complete a task. I guess it depends on the game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Unless it's really engaging, I find myself having a short attention span for mobile games. I play them to kill time, like when I wait for a class to start or in a waiting room. However, I notice I'll spend a few minutes on it, then leave it. Now, that's also because a lot of them make you wait hours to complete a task. I guess it depends on the game.
There's really no other point with mobile gaming other than wasting time. It's not like you can find a great story anywhere near mobile games or get you invested in the characters. It's basically point and click games that you do while waiting for something, and it's the type that won't hold your interest for long. For me I just listen to music, but hey, there's something for everyone.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
Yes! And sometimes I’m not even trying to kill it LOL! I usually start to play in my cellphone because I’m waiting for something but sometimes I just take more time than I’ve plan. I try to be conscious with time and I generally am but when I have free time I become a little bit reckless with it lol.

yunken

Reaction score
Yes, I do play games when I have time to kill or when I am resting cos playing games is also part of my leisure times. It is something I love doing always.

goldlady

Reaction score
Does candy crush count? LOL No, I am not the kinf of person that kills time in my phone by playing games. I mostly go to instagram or talk to my friends in whatsapp or take crazy selfies ahah. The only game I play in my phone is candy crush. Shame on me!