• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you play mobile games to kill time?

Denis_P

Reaction score
I think the only times in my life when I actually played mobile games was while I was in college. Those who have taken college courses know, often times you have to wait hours between classes if you could not schedule them properly, so I'd end up with plenty of time to kill but not enough time to just head home.

That's when I broke out the phone for some mobile gaming. I think my game of choice would usually be Fruit Ninja, somehow that game just never got boring for me since I was addicted to trying to beat my latest high score. That as well as Tetris, an addicting classic.

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
I always do, Since i have got a job, I hardly get any time to game on my PC now , so its just mob games now for me, so when ever I get some free time I play games on my mobile. Initially I was not into mob games but now I have started to like these games as well and it is great tool to pass time when you are alone.

Strykstar

Reaction score
I rarely play mobile games anymore, I think that most of the worthwhile ones are a bit too pay-to-win nowadays and I don't like being at a disadvantage by not spending huge amounts of money on purchases like many players of these games do.

EJ Burg

Reaction score
I usually play mobile games when I have time to kill like when i'm on a bus or waiting for someone but the times I really play a lot would be when i'm in bed before I go to sleep. . JEEZZZ I remember last year I started playing this yu gi oh game on my android tablet, I went to bed about 9pm and 4am the next morning I was still playing. But of coarse that only happens when I get way too into a game.

Beautiful

Reaction score
I barely play mobile games like before. However, I do play Zynga BlackJack and Texas Holdem at work to kill time when I'm not busy. I just don't have the time to play mobile games or any sort of gaming since I'm so constantly working shifts. I barely have time for myself these days. :tired:

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I play a mobile game a little bit before I go to bed every night. It's called Monster Busters, and it's essentially a "match 3" game like Candy Crush. I've gotten pretty far in it, and I'll play it casually during down times as well just as a time-killer. I used to have more mobile games that I'd play, but I abandoned them as I felt they were consuming my time while I was in social situations.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I do play videogames to kill time, whenever I'm on public transport or waiting for someone or something in public spaces, on a roadtrip whenever a conversation is getting bored.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Yes! It is very fun, you can consume a lot of time gaming in my mobile phone. Now I am playing Plague inc. It is a virtual simulator of a virus against the world, it is very good, I recommend it!

Makef0rt

Reaction score
What if I told you that I spent at least 5 hours today grinding certain items on a mobile game while doing another thing on PC. Grinding stuff in another game as well. Yeah, I know, I'm crazy.

MLF

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the tower defense type of games and most of the better ones I've played have come out on mobile/tablets. Mobile games are no different from "regular" video games in terms that they need to be able to keep my attention and interest. No point in just playing something to play something in my opinion.

Sino989

Reaction score
I used to play mobile games to kill times but as I got older mobile games just got worse and worse to me because they weren't what I was looking for in a mobile game.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
Sometimes I do, but not that much anymore. I always thought of them as "time killers" but I lose interest in them too fast. These days mobile games do offer you a lot of options and possibilities, but it bores me faster than the ones before. Like the casual snake on Nokia or something like that. I don't say that these days games are bad, not at all. They are fun and everything it's just, if I get addicted I am going to lose too much time, and then it won't just "kill my time", it will destroy it. And I can't afford that.

reginafalange

Reaction score
I do play sometimes, mostly when I'm waiting alone at the doctor or doing a queue, maybe travelling on bus. It's always a good option to kill time. I've said that I'm not a fan of playing video games on mobile devices because it kills my battery but I like to keep one or two games for this special cases.

Robbie626

Reaction score
I play mobile games like Family Feud live while on the bus to school or waiting for class to start. Sometimes it creates a terrible procasination habit which I hate, but oh well. I am grateful that mobile games makes waiti g go faster.

Ipa07

Reaction score
Yeah I play it when I'm in the bus or in some kind of a line. I kill time with it.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I suppose I do sometimes. I often play the Modern Combat series to kill time, simply because it has good graphics, good gameplay, and easy controls. Yeah sure, it's a generic Call of Duty ripoff, but Gameloft definitely ripped it off good. It's still the best mobile FPS game I've ever played to this day, mostly because other mobile FPS games have terrible controls.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
I don't play too many mobile games too often anymore, but when I did, it was Marble Buster for Android. I honestly believe that game was a part of the reason I didn't graduate high school in time. Literally any time I had to be in a place I didn't want to be, I'd pop my Samsung phone out, at the time, and pick up where I left off last. I stopped playing it when I got to a level I couldn't beat.

WarVet

Reaction score
I used to. Back in the day i had a PSP. One of the most awesome consoles ever. I spent around 300 hours playing MGS Peace Walker. Nowadays i have an IPhone 4 and it sucks to download apps. Also it's batter won't last more than a few hours so i save it for Whatsapp and calls.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I don't like these types of games, but in one last case (when there is not a better solution :relaxed:) I play those games for some time. However, I get tired quickly because they are usually very boring and I'll be doing nothing again. :tongueout: