• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Cheating Online

missionreport

Reaction score
Well I used to play multiplayer Quake III Arena and everybody was a cheater. Their reaction time and aim was just unbelievable and impossible it was just inhuman. Like the guys could immediately zero in on me with a rocket launcher no matter how great the distance. Well later on I figured out about aimbots, so I said no wonder.

WarVet

Reaction score
I wouldn't cheat. It goes against the whole philosophy of gaming in my opinion. Why would I use of illicit means to make me win if I'm just playing to have fun? It turns something that was supposed to be light and relaxing in a competition where everybody is driven to win and be the best. Not my cup of tea.

Sino989

Reaction score
I have run into quite a lot of cheaters playing call of duty. They're every where, not so much on the newer consoles but back on xbox 360 and PS3 you're lucky to get into a call duty game without cheaters in it.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
I wouldn't cheat. It goes against the whole philosophy of gaming in my opinion. Why would I use of illicit means to make me win if I'm just playing to have fun? It turns something that was supposed to be light and relaxing in a competition where everybody is driven to win and be the best. Not my cup of tea.

This is exactly my opinion too. I play for fun and sure I like to win as well, but how would anyone have fun via winning by illicit means? That's just ruining the entire purpose of the game, ruin the mood of everyone else playing with you, and make yourself look like an idiot. Not to mention you're bound to get caught and banned anytime soon.

I also hate the cheating culture because if you happen to be just naturally good at the game you're instantly accused of cheating. Happened to someone I knew back in the days when playing Tibia was still considered cool.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
This is exactly my opinion too. I play for fun and sure I like to win as well, but how would anyone have fun via winning by illicit means? That's just ruining the entire purpose of the game, ruin the mood of everyone else playing with you, and make yourself look like an idiot. Not to mention you're bound to get caught and banned anytime soon.

I also hate the cheating culture because if you happen to be just naturally good at the game you're instantly accused of cheating. Happened to someone I knew back in the days when playing Tibia was still considered cool.

That's just ruining the entire purpose of the game, ruin the mood of everyone else playing with you.

You just said it there. Most OBVIOUS cheaters aim for exactly this. I remember how aimboters on COD:MW used to kill everyone with LMG from another side of the map, even through the buildings. Although there are smoother hacks nowadays like aim assisting and people who know how it works can make it really hard to spot the difference. CS:GO was a really good example of this

WarVet

Reaction score

Yeah, most of these folks need an unnatural advantage to feel superior in a virtual game because their real life sucks. Just like teenagers who pick fights over VoIP. It's easy to be all though over the computer. The bottom line is: Just play and have fun. Winning (Or losing for that matter) won't make you better than anyone. These guys do a great job of embarrassing themselves.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I never did, the only time I cheated was on GTA, but never did when playing with other people. I hate cheaters and avoid them as much as possible. Like in CS:GO, whenever there's a cheater, I'll leave the match and move on to a new one. Cheating are for the weak gamers.

chumzybabe

Reaction score
I have been cheated many times by hackers, online, but I have never done that to anyone online.

Joshmoy

Reaction score
I am not a fan of cheating others and I've not run into any cheater yet (that's because I hardly play online). Anytime I play online, I don't cheat. I dont see the reason why people should cheat. It kinda kills the fun of the game in my opinion.

WarVet

Reaction score
I am not a fan of cheating others and I've not run into any cheater yet (that's because I hardly play online). Anytime I play online, I don't cheat. I dont see the reason why people should cheat. It kinda kills the fun of the game in my opinion.

Yeah, I cheat all the time offline. It's good to play a game with a twist. Sometimes there are those funny big head cheats and it's all good. But when you cheat to take advantage of other real human beings it's another story entirely. Most cheaters need to feel superior online because their real life sucks. Sad but true.

Joshmoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I cheat all the time offline. It's good to play a game with a twist. Sometimes there are those funny big head cheats and it's all good. But when you cheat to take advantage of other real human beings it's another story entirely. Most cheaters need to feel superior online because their real life sucks. Sad but true.
I entirely agree with you @WarVet. I have tons of cheat sheets that I use to kill my boredom when playing offline. But when I face another human, I like to play fair. If I lose, so be it. If I win, so be it. Using cheats online to feel better should be stopped.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I hate cheating, but most of the MMOs I play don't have cheats really. There's just usually bugs and glitches that the player can exploit and eventually use to his own advantage. There are other online games that can be cheated on easily using third-party software, so I suggest picking a game that is heavily moderated and has an active community and developers. Most online games are hard to hack/cheat on anyways because it's usually server-sided.

WarVet

Reaction score
I entirely agree with you @WarVet. I have tons of cheat sheets that I use to kill my boredom when playing offline. But when I face another human, I like to play fair. If I lose, so be it. If I win, so be it. Using cheats online to feel better should be stopped.

GTA San Andreas feelings? haha. Yeah, i hate cheating also. I mean I wonder what even go through people heads. "Hey, im going to spend my time here so I can get an unfair advantage in some online game that will get me nothing in real life" Great going bro. If they want to be dishonest so badly they could rob a bank or something. Way better to spend your time with something that might actually give you real money.

Sino989

Reaction score
There is cheating every where. Cheating doesn't have to be modding or hacking the game it could be as simple as having a friend on the other team telling you where his teammates are.

sakakimakio

Reaction score
Yup, and it was my little brother. He playing MMO called Aura Kingdom and using fishing bots to catch rare fish over and over again. I surprisingly not aware of that until I question myself, how on earth he was so rich? I end up knowing his trick after he left his pc afk for a quite long time. I try to outsmart him by blackmailing him to give me share the profit or end up reporting his account. :smilingimp:

fireball916

Reaction score
I've used glitches in games like running into a corner then rolling lets you go through the wall but never any real cheating. I remember on Modern Warfare 2 I got put in a lobby that unlocked everything and gave me max rank/prestige. I remember being pissed because I wanted to earn my rank for real. Some hackers are fun though because like on MW2 they are able to change the game mode to hide n seek or something. And that was really fun.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Cheating is in the nature of the weak. If you have your principles, you will get your skill through hard work and dedication. Also, nowadays it's harder to fool the software, so lesser the chances of meeting a cheater.

Thundercatte

Reaction score
I've run into cheating in online games plenty of times, but I've never done it myself. There's no reason to go through the hassle, especially since anti-cheat engines are becoming more sophisticated nowadays. Besides that, I don't really see the appeal in cheating online - it's not even all that fun to cheat offline to begin with. Maybe it's a ego boost for hackers. Who knows.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I've run into cheating in online games plenty of times, but I've never done it myself. There's no reason to go through the hassle, especially since anti-cheat engines are becoming more sophisticated nowadays. Besides that, I don't really see the appeal in cheating online - it's not even all that fun to cheat offline to begin with. Maybe it's a ego boost for hackers. Who knows.
That's the 2 words I was looking for..."ego boost". People don't understand how they are lying to themselves.

huggy212

Reaction score
Honestly yes I did cheat on an online game and it was awesome and it sucks. Whenever i am playing alone I most of the time cheat on solo dungeons to grind more faster. When i'm with my friends and we can really do the dungeon i'll go for normal playing. When the dungeon is really hard then ill turn on my cheat even with guildmates only if you really know and trust them. It sucks because it really destroys any game. Yes you can grind faster but your enemies will use their own cheat to kill you instantly. They dont care if they get banned because that is just they dummy character. At the end of the day when there are lots of cheaters already you will just quit the game.