• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Cheating Online

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
Have you ever cheated online or at least run into someone who was?

I did once, hated the fact he wasted my time.

Hiocoie

Reaction score
I've run into plenty of hackers in my time of gaming, I've just never done it myslef.

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
I've run into plenty of hackers in my time of gaming, I've just never done it myslef.

yeah, I wish there was some quick way to report them that would validate them quickly if they were hacking. It would make online better.

Pokemon

Reaction score
I used to run into hackers all the time on Mario Kart Wii while playing online. It was actually pretty fun with them in the race. They had unlimited item powers most of the time. Instead of using their powers to win they would always go around and mess with the other racers. xD

Hiocoie

Reaction score
yeah, I wish there was some quick way to report them that would validate them quickly if they were hacking. It would make online better.
Yeah, even if you do really report somebody they never end up getting banned sadly.

22_22

Reaction score
There are so many cheaters on FIFA 12. (Pro Clubs especially) It is really annoying. :(

NecroWolf

Reaction score
Come on guys, don't put all hackers in the same category. (Bill Gates is the greatest all time hacker and you all wouldn't even be on here without him.) There's good hackers and bad hackers.
Using hacks and cracks to cheat is very bad and very annoying. If you can't get your skills the right way then you shouldn't play at all. I'm talking aimbots, foghacks, wallhacks, etc. Anything that gives you an unfair advantage over the other players. Now hacking your config files with optimum graphics and network settings is okay within limits. Especially if you have an older computer and can't play the game at 1080p. (My current monitor doesn't even go that high!)
I've been accused of using aimbots on our clan servers several times but can honestly say I have never used one. I do however use a trackball while everyone else uses a mouse. It's just easier for aiming to me. That could be considered a kind of hack, using a completely different pointing device, but I tell everyone to switch to trackballs, it's much easier to use I think, but that's just me. I've been using them since before Pentium was even thought of.

FlashDown

Reaction score
In all my gaming years, I have never cheated on a video game! I have been offered hacks and cheats but turn them down because there is no fun in the game if all you do is cheat or hack it. Hackers find it fun to mess with the gameplay when it is just really annoying and ruins it for everyone. I would never cheat on a video game let alone an online video game.

Smokey

Reaction score
For every good game you enjoy out there, there's always that one asshole who seeks to ruin your fun. I run into hackers all the time but i always get back at them. Not only do I report them but 90% of the time they are dumb and make stupid mistakes when talking shit over the mic. One guy actually told me some info that I was able to then take to Sony with proof of his hacking, guess what? I haven't seen him around in a long time and I used to bump into this guy on every damn game i played.

Jessi

Reaction score
I haven't cheated before, no. Well, unless you count things like looking up tutorials after I get stuck in single player games.

I have run into plenty of cheaters in multi-player games, though. It really kills it for me.

Esperahol

Reaction score
I don't believe in cheating. I believe in trolling those who annoy me. Sometimes that requires very specific hacks and I for one am okay with that. Someone needs to teach those little imbecilic tweens some manners.

Zerth

Reaction score
Nope, I haven't cheated before, but this Pokemon Game I used to play when I was young, people used to cheat and glitch just so they can get the best Pokemon ever. I mean that's ridiculous to cheat on a children's game.

Shole

Reaction score
I used WoWEmu hack to level up :) Got caught once :D never did it again :))

AWPEK

Reaction score
I have run into many cheaters in practically every game I have ever played. I don't think that anyone out there won't at least encounter one cheater online throughout their entire life of gaming. I've noticed that most cheaters have frequently seen in MMORPG, competitive, and First person shooters games. Even if the cheating system is top notch I will at least encounter a speckle of cheaters that can never be caught by it. Honestly, I am sick of it and hope to find a game in which I can never game with cheaters since they are the reason as to why I lose confidence in most of the games I play.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I don't play online too often so I never encountered a cheater yet (sooner or later it will happen, I know). As for myself, I never cheated in a online game.. it's not fair. In a single player game you can do whatever you want, nobody will care if you cheat. But cheating in a online game? With other person, to have an advantage... I just don't see what the fun of it is. You won, sure, but you didn't earn your victory at all.

Linen

Reaction score
I don't mind doing mods or hacks in private games with friends where we're all aware and involved. Sometimes those instances can make for their own silly fun (though I also don't do them in MMO-based games, either).

However, cheating purely to win in a game where people are otherwise using legitimate means - and especially on MMOs - is not something I condone or even like the idea of. I don't see the fun in just trying to win for the sake of wins, especially if the balance between players is so tilted in one direction that it's ultimately pointless.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
What is the point, really. It ruins the experience of other players, as well as your own. The game itself is not made so some people could take an easy advantage over the others, but all to be equal in it. It's no fun if you unlock/complete everything in a matter of minutes and someone else is working and playing hard to get to the level that you got to just by writing some stuff down and over. Just don't do that. I understand if you cheat in a single-player game. Like "The Sims" or strategy games, I don't know, and no one cares for that, that is fine. But online, it's just not fair.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I think that it's pretty much guaranteed that if you play online games you will run into a cheater sooner or later, 100%. I've met and seen so, so many... it is really sad. I honestly don't see the point in cheating. It takes away all the fun from the game. You ruin the game for the rest and for yourself too since you will end up banned anyway.

A lot of newer games have an okay quality detecting cheating systems. Still, there are too many cheaters and hackers. The majority reside in the FPS games like CS:GO, CoD and Battlefield.

I, myself, have never cheated and never will. I'd rather just not play at all. I honestly don't see any point in it. I can forgive you if you cheated once when you were like ten years old but if more than once then you're banned from my list as well.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Well, I believe most people who play online games have at least once ran into someone hacking. GTA V was a paradise for cheaters when it came out as RS did not really care at the start about it and nobody was getting banned. I have never cheated in online games, but I did cheat on some SP games, be it for fun and messing around or just for dealing with some annoying quests and stuff such as collecting hidden items in open world games. Hated those the most.