• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your Rig

ZXD22

Reaction score
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2 ghZ /w Corsair H100i Water Cooler
RAM: 16 GBs DDR4
GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti R1
Storage: 512 GB Crucial MX300 and 1 TB WD Blue Version
Mother Board: Fatal1ty Gaming Board
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt platinum grade
Extras: Wifi PCI-E chip
Bluetooth Adapter

m33kuh

Reaction score
Yeah it's liquid cooling. But since I live in a cold area the PC doesn't heat up as much. I'm also playing non-GPU demanding games so I don't really use the graphics card to its full potential, never overclocked, and never tried to adjust since I am perfectly fine with the current output. So all in all, I'm probably just getting the cooling system to make the system live longer.
Right. But based on what you have said, since you live in a cold place, or for sure you have an AC there in your room, I think liquid cooling is not mandatory at all. You can just stay on the stock cooler it will do just fine. I once used my core i7 4700k's stock cooler in playing high res games and it did just fine. I suggest you invest on more rams or RGB LIGHTING FTW!

m33kuh

Reaction score
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2 ghZ /w Corsair H100i Water Cooler
RAM: 16 GBs DDR4
GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti R1
Storage: 512 GB Crucial MX300 and 1 TB WD Blue Version
Mother Board: Fatal1ty Gaming Board
PSU: Corsair 1000 watt platinum grade
Extras: Wifi PCI-E chip
Bluetooth Adapter
We have got a winner boiz let's gtfo outta here.
Damn! Good specs! I'm like drooling right now.

Kharyode

Reaction score
Wow nice post, have seen interesting comment on rigs here. I love any interesting game with cool specs.

CBL28

Reaction score
CPU: Intel i3 3217U, 1.8 GHz
RAM: 4 GB (3.9 usable)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Storage: 1 Terabyte (921 usable)

While these specs may seem terrible (and they are), it should be noted that this is a laptop that was not meant for gaming. Getting even 20 FPS is lovely. I find it funny how many people with beast PCs complain about getting 60 FPS.

Frank

Reaction score
This is a budget build, so y'all be nice :)

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 645 Quad-core 3.1 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5
PSU: 650W (can't remember anything else)

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Right. But based on what you have said, since you live in a cold place, or for sure you have an AC there in your room, I think liquid cooling is not mandatory at all. You can just stay on the stock cooler it will do just fine. I once used my core i7 4700k's stock cooler in playing high res games and it did just fine. I suggest you invest on more rams or RGB LIGHTING FTW!
lol just went to the shop where I usually buy my PC parts. Asked for what they have available, and for me to even get the i7700 processor, I'd have to change both motherboard and memory since they are incompatible with newer processors. Holy crap. This is gonna cost a lot. Probably not gonna do it then, but at least I got the prices so I can start saving up.

m33kuh

Reaction score
lol just went to the shop where I usually buy my PC parts. Asked for what they have available, and for me to even get the i7700 processor, I'd have to change both motherboard and memory since they are incompatible with newer processors. Holy crap. This is gonna cost a lot. Probably not gonna do it then, but at least I got the prices so I can start saving up.
Right. But if it's not giving you any slowdowns then for the time-being you can still hold on to them. Probably for a year or two? What do you think?
That is a good decision. Same goes for me. I'd rather wait for new models to be released so the old ones will have their prices dropped. Hell I'd even buy a second hand one if it's still a month old and with warranty.

ZXD22

Reaction score
We have got a winner boiz let's gtfo outta here.
Damn! Good specs! I'm like drooling right now.
My first time building a PC too. Took months of research. I'm surprised it actually booted up the first time without much trouble after 8 hours working on it.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Right. But if it's not giving you any slowdowns then for the time-being you can still hold on to them. Probably for a year or two? What do you think?
That is a good decision. Same goes for me. I'd rather wait for new models to be released so the old ones will have their prices dropped. Hell I'd even buy a second hand one if it's still a month old and with warranty.
Yeah, prices drop on older ones once newer stuff come along. Unless they release Elder Scrolls 6 or a Witcher 4 I probably wouldn't buy a brand new game right away, and I always wait until they are on sale before I get them. Easier like that so no buyer's remorse and the game would have released bug fixes and updates during that period.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Yeah, prices drop on older ones once newer stuff come along. Unless they release Elder Scrolls 6 or a Witcher 4 I probably wouldn't buy a brand new game right away, and I always wait until they are on sale before I get them. Easier like that so no buyer's remorse and the game would have released bug fixes and updates during that period.
Yeah would do the same man. That's precisely what most people are doing though. I don't even buy a game until it is like 6 months old lol. Most new games tend to have a lot of fixes and implementations and I hate it when a game keeps on updating like daily updates. So irritating.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah would do the same man. That's precisely what most people are doing though. I don't even buy a game until it is like 6 months old lol. Most new games tend to have a lot of fixes and implementations and I hate it when a game keeps on updating like daily updates. So irritating.
Yeah. Especially Bethesda games lol. You can bet it has more bugs than features, but the community loves the games so they don't mind making mods that patch up a lot of the problems. Too bad Bethesda take advantage of this fact and they just keep trying to get away with paid mods with lots of double talk and using new "labels" like Creation Club or something. It sucks that the players work to fix their games for free, but they still want to get money out of them.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I just have a 4 year old Dell and the specs are
  • I5 3.0 GHZ
  • 16gb of ram
  • Geforce 730GT
  • 1TB hard drive
  • 550 watt power supply
So far I added 8GB of ram and I upgraded the power supply. Other then that I have had a single problem with the PC. If it died tomorrow I will have gotten more than my money out of it. :sunglasses:

Sunlyte

Reaction score
I slapped a PSU and 750 Ti in a Dell Inspiron 3847 lol. Pentium G3240, 4GB RAM, 750 Ti, 430W EVGA PSU, 1TB HDD. Gets the job done most of the time. Looking to upgrade pretty soon to a budget mini-ITX build though. G4600, 8GB RAM, 1050 Ti. Plus mini-ITX because I don't like how big my current rig is. Want it nice and compact.

SuperBugMan

Reaction score
  • i7 920 (previously i5-4570 but sold it when I realized I didn't need the extra power
  • 24GB of mismatched RAM
  • Rx 480, Nvidia GTX 1060 and a Nivida GTX 1050 - I use these to mine. The 1050 is my daily driver.
  • Fractal design R4
It's a nice build that has treated me well for what I paid. Picture is related: photos.app.goo.gl/nV9dYFphk5hkRFcz1

Yes, the PSU doesn't fit. Don't you dare judge me :smirk:.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Yeah. Especially Bethesda games lol. You can bet it has more bugs than features, but the community loves the games so they don't mind making mods that patch up a lot of the problems. Too bad Bethesda take advantage of this fact and they just keep trying to get away with paid mods with lots of double talk and using new "labels" like Creation Club or something. It sucks that the players work to fix their games for free, but they still want to get money out of them.
True that. Although I have tried their Fallout IV and it was decent enough in my opinion. Maybe because I got the game later than when it was released. There are those people who'd prefer to play with mods than to play with the actual game content.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
True that. Although I have tried their Fallout IV and it was decent enough in my opinion. Maybe because I got the game later than when it was released. There are those people who'd prefer to play with mods than to play with the actual game content.
I didn't like Fallout 4. It's just talking to an NPC, them giving you a story of how they lost something, telling you a random location where you can find it, and you'll have to do it. You can barter for better reward, but their currency (bottlecaps) isn't really that lucrative since you can easily barter with traders for what you want. The loot you get from areas are a lot better than collecting caps from quests since it's faster and they are more expensive. Caps are basically useless in this game.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I didn't like Fallout 4. It's just talking to an NPC, them giving you a story of how they lost something, telling you a random location where you can find it, and you'll have to do it. You can barter for better reward, but their currency (bottlecaps) isn't really that lucrative since you can easily barter with traders for what you want. The loot you get from areas are a lot better than collecting caps from quests since it's faster and they are more expensive. Caps are basically useless in this game.
That's what I thought honestly. Specially on the early scene. Takes sooo long to start. I got frustrated at some point though on the huge mechanical suit that you are wearing. I don't know how to charge the core or something so I eventually did not use it that much which sucks. So I wasn't able to finish the game. I would prefer Watch Dogs II over Fallout IV.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
That's what I thought honestly. Specially on the early scene. Takes sooo long to start. I got frustrated at some point though on the huge mechanical suit that you are wearing. I don't know how to charge the core or something so I eventually did not use it that much which sucks. So I wasn't able to finish the game. I would prefer Watch Dogs II over Fallout IV.
And unlike Skyrim where you start in the middle of the map (Whiterun), in Fallout you always start at the upper left corner of the map. Which means you'll be doing the same missions and side quests for the first 3 hours of the game before you can start exploring. It's always going to be that way, and it really makes you bored of it rather quickly.

m33kuh

Reaction score
True. Maybe that was why I eventually stopped playing. I have some games on the list though but I just don't have the time to play. And I don't want to play for like a couple of minutes. I want to play for hours and hours so that I will really enjoy the adventure or the graphics or the gameplay.