• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your Rig

Hidden308

Reaction score
Post your gaming rig specs here!

Currently mine are worthless and I am upgrading, so I will post them once I get them!

Raderyx

Reaction score
Case: NZXT Switch 810 (Black)
CPU: Intel i5 3570k
Motherboard: ASUS Z68 Maximus IV GENE-Z (Upgrading to Maximus V Formula when it comes out)
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 580 FTW Hydro Copper
Boot Drive: 2x Crucial M4 128GB in RAID 0
Storage Drive: 2x Western Digital 2TB Caviar Green
PSU: Corsair AX850
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (Red)

I'm going to update my motherboard to Maximus V Forumla so I can redo my liquid cooling with GTX 680 Hydro Copper when I comes into stock. My rig was around $1600 when I bought it. I had quite a few discounts though.

NewDCD

Reaction score
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition "Deneb" Clocked @ 3.2GHz
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6770
RAM: 8GB DDR2 @800 MHz
Drives: Main Drive @250 GB, Slave Drive @500GB

Used to rock a Radeon HD 4650, which was absolutel weaksauce, and 2GB RAM, until the beginning of this year, where I upgraded those two for about $200.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Those are some pretty nice graphics cards. I can't wait to get my new one!

Casper001

Reaction score
Heh' I recently brought my new rig, Not a great one but it is still upto par with some of the good systems:

CPU: AMD Bulldozer 4100 4.4ghz (I am changing that to a phenom 6 core)
Mobo: Asus (Forget make etc)
Gfx card: ATI Readon 5450 2GB (A terrible, terrible card, upgrading to the 6950)
Ram: 8GB 1333Mhz DDR3

It's a alright system, Just with the Graphics card letting us down.

Hidden308

Reaction score
That is pretty good. Once you upgrade that card it will be a lot better, no doubt. :)

Casper001

Reaction score
Yeah, Upgrading to a 6870 Instead, Around £160 or $200

Hidden308

Reaction score
That's pretty good. I think I'm going for a $250ish one here in a few months.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Mine's not that good. But I love it and it plays my favorite games. :)

i7-3770k
GTX 660ti
hyper-X 2x4gb ram
WD 2x1 TB hdd
CM bronze GX550w psu
CM limited edition HAF case
other CM accessories

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
i3 3240 3.40 GHz (pretty low end I know, but graphics card makes up for it in games and they still run smoothly)
GTX 1060 6GB
8 GB ram
2 TB HDD for games, 1TB different slot for the OS

Considering a cooling system too for the GPU, but an upgrade on the processor may be a possibility as well.

m33kuh

Reaction score
i3 3240 3.40 GHz (pretty low end I know, but graphics card makes up for it in games and they still run smoothly)
GTX 1060 6GB
Wow. Isn't that bottleneck? The cpu to your gpu? I bet it does. It will choke and probably drop frames with games which have higher resolutions.
At least that's what I'm hearing from other users.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Alienware X51 (Legit the first one they came out with 4 years ago because Dell gives my fam good deals)

i5-4440 @ 3.10 GHz
GTX 645 Slim Card
Slim Fit Tower
8 GB's RAM
1 TB HDD
PSU Wattage ???
CD/BLU reader
4 USB 2.0's and other assortment of other connector points

Mind you this PC is 4 years old and is in almost 100% condition. Have had no failures/major issues, still looks brand new on the inside and out. No heating issues. Honestly Alienware made a decent PC, and for when the best graphics card was a 780 back in 2013 it has lasted me well. Would not recommend Alienware today, but back then it was good and I've gotten my money's worth for sure. Do not see issues with FPS and is still competitive in modern games on Medium settings.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Wow. Isn't that bottleneck? The cpu to your gpu? I bet it does. It will choke and probably drop frames with games which have higher resolutions.
At least that's what I'm hearing from other users.
I know right? The ones at the shop where I get my parts said the same thing. But I don't really feel any change though when playing games so I'm delaying it. I play games on the highest resolution possible (1920x1080) and I can't really complain at what I'm seeing. Maybe if I play a more GPU intensive game I'll see it slow down, but currently it's not an issue.

m33kuh

Reaction score
If you say so. Do you use FPS counter? Or are your games always in max/ultra settings? I'm curious to know your FPS. When playing games such as CS:GO or Dota 2, you should be having 200+FPS. While on other games such as Witcher III and other related graphic games, you should be having an ultra settings with 150+FPS. If you have lower than that, then there is really a bottleneck going on. But hey, to each their own right. :)

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
If you say so. Do you use FPS counter? Or are your games always in max/ultra settings? I'm curious to know your FPS. When playing games such as CS:GO or Dota 2, you should be having 200+FPS. While on other games such as Witcher III and other related graphic games, you should be having an ultra settings with 150+FPS. If you have lower than that, then there is really a bottleneck going on. But hey, to each their own right. :)
You know one of these days I should just upgrade the processor. But with work and all that I irregularly use my PC for gaming as it is, so having a powerful rig might not be as useful to me as say a good savings account at the bank :D But yeah, I'm a gamer at heart so I'll eventually get it done.

m33kuh

Reaction score
You know one of these days I should just upgrade the processor. But with work and all that I irregularly use my PC for gaming as it is, so having a powerful rig might not be as useful to me as say a good savings account at the bank :D But yeah, I'm a gamer at heart so I'll eventually get it done.
True that. As long as the rig is working, no need to upgrade right? You will eventually have it but if it's not really needed for the time being, then it can wait I guess. Unless you are playing those hardcore Dota 5 or Halo 9 which are not even existing yet. XD

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
True that. As long as the rig is working, no need to upgrade right? You will eventually have it but if it's not really needed for the time being, then it can wait I guess. Unless you are playing those hardcore Dota 5 or Halo 9 which are not even existing yet. XD
So I did some research and the cooler I'm considering getting, Corsair H115i, is more for the processor cooling, not for the graphics card. Since my processor isn't that great to begin with, I don't think the cooler would be top priority now. I was hoping it would cool down the graphics card (my temp is at 45 degrees idle) since it reaches 60-70 on a full throttle graphics intensive game. But for now I have to upgrade the processor first if I want a cooler.

m33kuh

Reaction score
So I did some research and the cooler I'm considering getting, Corsair H115i, is more for the processor cooling, not for the graphics card. Since my processor isn't that great to begin with, I don't think the cooler would be top priority now. I was hoping it would cool down the graphics card (my temp is at 45 degrees idle) since it reaches 60-70 on a full throttle graphics intensive game. But for now I have to upgrade the processor first if I want a cooler.
That cooler sounds familiar. Is that a liquid cooler? I suggest you upgrade first your CPU. Since you have a monster GPU, you don't need to cool your GPU if you wish to upgrade it since games are mostly GPU intensive. Also, get as many fans as you can. :D Be sure to pick those with LEDs and RGBs and stuff. AND POST IT HERE! :D

castills

Reaction score
I have an early i5 with 8 GB of non-ecc ram, a 4gb 1050 ti, all housed in a Dell Optiplex 980. I got it used and just added ram and the 1050. I just installed that part, and finally enjoying high settings for the first time.

Goodbye intergrated intel hd 2000 and 3000!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
That cooler sounds familiar. Is that a liquid cooler? I suggest you upgrade first your CPU. Since you have a monster GPU, you don't need to cool your GPU if you wish to upgrade it since games are mostly GPU intensive. Also, get as many fans as you can. :D Be sure to pick those with LEDs and RGBs and stuff. AND POST IT HERE! :D
Yeah it's liquid cooling. But since I live in a cold area the PC doesn't heat up as much. I'm also playing non-GPU demanding games so I don't really use the graphics card to its full potential, never overclocked, and never tried to adjust since I am perfectly fine with the current output. So all in all, I'm probably just getting the cooling system to make the system live longer.