• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your favorite memories in gaming..

Okaviator

Reaction score
I didn't have Nintendo stuff (except the GBA) as a kid so me and my brothers played the PS1 version of Mario Kart, Crash Team Racing. It was great, and it had the same concept of the fantasy fun racing games with weapons, obstacles, and lots of diversions on the map. Pretty fun except for the split screen multiplayer because the TV was pretty small.
I wish I was born during the years when the old SNE games had just come out. They sound like really fun games that I missed out on as a child in the 21st century.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Mortal Combat in SNES. It was the most fun we had because we are playing the game like 12 hours straight with my cousins.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I wish I was born during the years when the old SNE games had just come out. They sound like really fun games that I missed out on as a child in the 21st century.
I remember seeing the 3D Mario game on the TV and it blew my mind. Before then all the games I've seen were 2D platformers. To actually have a 3D environment to run around and play was amazing. Too bad I didn't have the console to play it. That was my "gaming" experience growing up; just seeing the reviews on TV and watching other people play. Man, it sucked being poor growing up.

olaryeankarh

Reaction score
My favorite memory in gaming would be when I was in college seeing a very interesting and (out of the world) scene of two ladies having affections for each other in mass effect 3. I was actually intrigued with the thought of an action game having something of sort. My captain (me) was fondly attracted to a member of the cabin crew who is also female. Was funny but I sat back to watch the whole thing and I was like, wow! Games could do this too? Haha, funny stuff but that's still my best so far. Sorry it wasn't about me killing 50 armed men with the edge of a pistol *winks*

mcbryan

Reaction score
My favorite memories in gaming were gaming with my friends and family. I remember playing Super Mario on our old family computer while eating popcorn. I know it's not normal to eat popcorn because it's usually done in the cinema. Well, that's the best part of it because we're unique and were the only one doing it. On the other hand, playing games with my friends on their houses is also one of the best memories because there are lots of food.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I have good memories of partying with my friends and girlfriends when a Grand Theft Auto would release. We would laugh and bond around this game, and make fun of it to a great degree, but it was always an excuse to listen to "bad" music, drink a few beers, and run around either crashing things or rampaging or following storylines. A game is something, no matter what its format, that people, or at least nerds like myself, to gather around and enjoy together, so I have had good memories, in that way, over the years.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
One of my favorite memories is when I jumped over the flag in Super Mario Bros. I had heard it was possible, but you know how kids make things up about games. I never believed it could actually be done. I wish I could tell you how I did it, or even what level it was that it happened on. I wasn't expecting it so I wasn't paying any special attention to what I was doing. It was just a casual play through of a game I'd already played a million times back in the late 80s. I just sort of slipped right over it! The game stuttered a bit as I did but played normally after.

I remember my heart pounding as I was suddenly presented with a choice: Do I see what happens if I jump on the flag from the right side, or do I see if the screen will scroll to the right knowing I cannot go back? I chose the later and ran full-speed towards my destiny. It turns out the basic level theme just repeats with no blocks, enemies or pits. The timer keeps ticking away until you die. But what a ride! I have never been able to reproduce the effect without a cheat device, either.

goldlady

Reaction score
Gaming helps you make a lot of friends that are interested in the same things you are. That nights playing DOTA and having some pizza are things I would not change for anything. From my childhood I remember that we all kids on the block got crazy when my bestfriend received his first playstation. We all wanted to give it a try!

SeanP

Reaction score
My favorite memory is finally beating Tales of Symphonia. For most of my childhood, it was my favorite game. I loved the music, world, and characters. But for some reason, I had serious difficulty making it through some sections!

Finally beating Martel was cathartic, and I felt like I was finally able to proceed past that section of my childhood. I still revisit the game from time-to-time, and it absolutely holds up! If you haven't played Tales of Symphonia, or any of the Tales games, then I would definitely recommend doing so.