• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your favorite memories in gaming..

Hidden308

Reaction score
What is some of the most favorite parts in gaming you'll never forget?

Like....
When a certain game was released that you really enjoy?
A certain part of the story in a game you liked?
Something you did special in a game?

and so on.. Share them!

22_22

Reaction score
The start of FIFA 12 was pretty fun, going through all the new game modes and starting fresh. :p

Sino989

Reaction score
My favorite memories of gaming is by far the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 days. I remember my friends I would always play and have such a fun time because that game was such a great game, especially with friends!

kovacs

Reaction score
I have really good memories of how I used to spend hours on end making custom maps for Age of Empires II. It was only for fun, I didn't crate actually playable maps, but man was it fun! Sometimes I would build carefully planned medieval towns around a castle, sometimes I would just create two gigantic armies and pitch one against the other. I probably spent more time in the mapbuilder than actually playing the game!

Corzhens

Reaction score
The NBA original version is memorable because that's the first interactive game I played. It was fascinating to realize that I was playing with someone via the Internet connection. And to think that we were in the office to test the faulty computers, it was great fun to play when the boss was not around.

camshaq23

Reaction score
I have a lot of good memories playing Gran Turismo 3 A Spec. From when I was grinding on races in the beginner league to buy the Tommi Makinen Evo VI. When I finally got the car I was so pumped, I tuned it right away and competed against even faster car in the beginner league. Not only that but when you reach further doing in the game like at the 100 lap Speedway I think it's called and I won my first F1 race car I just exploded.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
The very first game I remember playing. It's not a big memorable game, it was just The Jungle Book by Disney. It was the beginning of my "gamer career" and I remember I had no idea what to do. Which is absurd to think about it today! It was just a simple platform, but all I did was going back and forward without ever finishing the first level. I had no idea you could jump, I had no idea you could shoot bananas or you could climb on trees.
I was just a plain dumb kid probably, but I always like to remember my first gaming moments.

Alanmwp

Reaction score
I remember in my teen days, staying up all night with friends play Goldeneye. That game was completely amazing! We use to meet every friday night and play goldeneye for hours at a time. After Goldeneye, we would play Tony Hawk pro skater. I can't remember any other game that was so addicting as those two. Eventually we moved apart and started our own families. I'm glad for those experiences. I hold those memories dear to my heart.

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
My favorite memory in gaming is when I was got caught along with some of my friends playing a pc game in our school's cyber center . We used to have comp practical classes every week and we were only supposed to do what we were asked on the computer but we broke this rule by playing the spider solitare game , so we were caught, but these moments in school are unforgettable.

Denis_P

Reaction score
While I could say beating games like Super Mario World or Mega Man X were among my favorite video game related memories, there are memories related to gaming (but not to specific games) which mean more to me. Those memories are pretty much every time I got to go rent a new game at the video store as a kid. Some kids loved going to the candy store, I loved going to the video store. Just being able to look at the library of games, soak in all that great SNES cover art and check out the screenshots on the back, and of course being able to choose any one of them and enjoy the weekend with a new game, those are my favorite memories.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I could remember swapping cartridges of famicom with schoolmates. They usually have 1 or 2 titles that are really popular and cartridges with popular titles were expensive back then. Kids like me would not have the money even if I save my allowance for the whole month. I remember playing the rockman series even though I did not even own one. I just swapped my mario cartridge for any rockman cartridge or just borrow them directly. That for me is one of the best experience gaming has brought for me. Of course playing rock man was just as enjoyable as well.

Robbie626

Reaction score
The Super Mario Sunshine secret missions were my favorite memories in gaming. The first time you play the mission, Shadow Mario take F.L.U.D.D away from you so you have to pass with the original Mario skills without aid. I remember the most challenging and frustrating moments that it made.

Javo1096

Reaction score
One of my favorite gaming memories is playing Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes with my brother on a tiny black and white television using my cousin's Gamecube and that is because we didn't use any sort of guide or tricks and for those who know these game you know that is really difficult to beat mostly for the bosses and the high challenge on moving stealthy.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
I had several favorite memories in gaming, but remembered my most favorite gaming memory was when I was able to win a huge sum of money sharing games with friends in my final year at college. I used the money to purchase a sport car.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Skyrim's Paarthunax asking me "What is better? To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through hard work?" (I can't remember if that was the exact quote, but I hope it was lmao). That moment really got me deep, it made me think for a moment and I thought to myself, that's one of the best things I've ever heard in my life. (I would choose to be born evil and overcome your evil nature. It gives life more meaning than simply being good from the start)

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I'm really a big fan of the WWE game series, Whenever the next Smackdown vs Raw is released, you can expect me on the first day of the release of the game. I've completed the series, my favorite memory would be every time I create a character, it's always the first I do when I play the game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I think it's coming back to Los Santos after being away during the story in GTA San Adreas. You have been exiled for 2/3 of the game, and you had to explore the entire map of San Andreas, getting missions and tasks along the way, all building up to you trying to reclaim your area from the enemy gang members, and avenging the betrayal that happened between you and your supposed friends. I loved every single minute of it, and I still play San Andreas from time to time because of how amazing it is in terms of replay value and nostalgia.

StolenKid

Reaction score
My favorite gaming memories are from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, with my cousin, we were so scared to play it, we couldn't even pass the first scenario, we usually get our older cousin to play while we watched and he sometimes acted mad but he never said no, I miss those days.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
One of my best memories in gaming was when I was watching my brother play Battlefield Bad Company online, and they were all having a knife fight. It was somewhat of an eerie map, and there was all this suspense built up because someone could pop out anywhere and knife you. My brother was walking slowly around the map and being extra cautious. Then, like a jump screen, when my brother turned around, someone knifed him out of nowhere. Funny at the time. Now, probably not so funny. Hindsight 20/20.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I think that I have 2 memories, one is my favorite that is playing Harry Potter 1 and 2 with my brother, there are no games like those anymore... And the other one is not one of my favorites, but I like to remember it because I was young and my father was playing it and I was too scared that I was screaming every time that Nemesis came up in the game lol.