• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Xbox 360 Worth getting a 360 after all this time?

syaota

Reaction score
I'd say so! I've had mine since they came out and I plan to have it for as long as it'll last me. I love it and you have a variety of games to choose from for it.

babysharks

Reaction score
It depends. Since xbox 1 has not released their backwards compatibility yet, the ownership of a 360 would mean the ability to play older games that have been released in the past eight years. Many people are trying to sell their older 360 to get an xbox 1, so you might get a pretty good deal on them, if you're willing to buy. There are some classics on the 360 that you wouldn't be able to play on the 1.

Kaitara

Reaction score
If you like JRPGs get it solely for Lost Odyssey. That game is amazing. I would get one just for that game if I had some cash - although I'm sure there are even more games exclusively for 360 that are just as worth playing.

MyOCDisMild

Reaction score
I owned a 360 a while back...a long while, and from what I remember, it broke quite frequently..which is why I opted for a PS3. It seemed to be more expensive to keep it and having to keep having it repaired, and this was something I heard from a lot of other people who owned one. But I have been kicking around the idea of getting an Xbox One because I really, really want to play Halo. It's been one of my favorites, and it was the only reason I bought Destiny, though it was kind of evident to see that it was just a diluted version of Halo anyway. I haven't heard about any maintenance issues with this new system, but I haven't been asking around about it either. I don't know...still debating.

TitanDolphin1

Reaction score
If you're interested on playing those classics such as Fallout games, older Halo games, Crackdown or any other Xbox Exclusives then it is definitely worth getting a 360. But if you're looking only to play new and upcoming games then getting an Xbox 360 is foolish and I would say either buy an Xbox One or save up to get one. Another thing to think about is the Xbox One's backwards compatibility which could be a huge turning point in both the 360s lifespan and the Xbox One's lifespan.

Minecraft2201

Reaction score
I think it would be worth it... I personally am not going to upgrade to the Xbox One for a while. There is nothing wrong with the Xbox 360. Games are still being made for it and I'm still entertained by it... I don't need a $400 TV device.

bleblanc10

Reaction score
Probably not if you want to play games online, but for campaign games and sports games absolutely.

Luddy420

Reaction score
I think picking up a 360 right now is a great idea, especially since you can get them for rather cheap. I still play mine (along with my Xbox One) basically every day. You can pick up great games used for it pretty cheap now which is a huge plus. The Xbox 360 has one of the largest library of games out there, but you will see even more remakes of the huge exclusive games. For instance, Gears of Ultimate came out not too long ago, which is a remake/update version of the original Gears of War.

rz3300

Reaction score
Well I would have to say no but I am also the type of person who likes to wait until the next thing comes out, although sometimes that really does not work out the best for me, but that is a whole other story. Just like @LitoLawless said, the hardware might go obsolete here soon so you might just want to play it safe. That said, though, I bet that if you look around you can probably get a pretty good deal on one so in that sense it might be worth if if you have a higher threshold for spending money.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
I have always wanted a 360, but I kept postponing buying one because I always had what to play on PC.

However, looking back at the last-gen, I see so many exclusives I haven't got the chance to play and I'd love playing, ESPECIALLY the Halo series, as that is my favorite series ever and being a PC-only gamer, I have only played the few games ported to PC.

Those things being said, is it still worth getting a 360 after all this time? I'm pretty much decided on buying a used one and getting all the Halo and Gears of War titles available on it, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

Also, which models have a lower chance of RROD? I'd hate having to buy another one after a while.
Well I waited until a few years ago to get a 360, I got mine right around the time of the x-box one, and I'm happy with it. I can still play NBA 2k17, and Madden, so I would say it's worth it, even if you want to turn your TV into a smart TV, and watch Youtube, it's still worth it. I play the 360 more than I play the ps4, mainly because I have more games on the 360, but now that I just heard about Microsoft not making anymore games for the 360, I'm leaning more towards the x-box one.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Being that it's an old model of the console and you're interested in playing exclusive games on it, I would definitely say get it! You can certainly find a used one for a very reasonable price, and it'll probably be well worth it in terms of entertainment for you.

gkillian

Reaction score
This is an old thread, so probably not useful to the OP, but for anyone in a similar boat;

X-Box One is now pretty cheap. You can find 'em at $250. Mind you, it looks like the 360 is going for $70 or $80 used, so that 'cheap' factor is relative to the fact that Xbone is still a current-generation console. The backwards compatibility is a bit all over the place, though. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

You'd probably be able to play most 360 games you wanted to play, but there are also outliers like Halo 4 being missing. We might see the Xbone drop further in price with the release of Scorpio, so the 360 is certainly the 'safer' option if you'd prefer to wait on that upgrade. The Xbone is supposed to be able to play everything the Scorpio does as well, and hopefully they'll stick by that.

overcast

Reaction score
I think there are plenty of refurbished models out there. And if you have some of the games working on that platform then surely you can switch. Amazon and Newegg has some discounts too. So it'd be surely worth getting one. But I guess after 2018 Sony and Microsoft both will be into this with new product, so wroth waiting if you want.

MLF

Reaction score
I picked up a 360 off of Craigslist for $80 back in December so I could go back and finish up some of the old Forza games I never finished. If there are older games that you want to play and they are not on the Xbox One backwards compatibility list, there isn't any reason not to pick one up since they can be had for cheap.

Deathisue

Reaction score
It is only good to do it if you go for the exclusive ones since many of their games are very normal and only the exclusive ones are worth, currently an xbox 360 is not very expensive, so come on you do not lose much the truth but if it is to have a console main best buy an xbox one.

Tania997

Reaction score
I'll buy it without having a second thought. This console left a mark on history, it is full of good titles that you can now buy dirt cheap. The games still look decent on a 1080p TV.

Whether you’re a budget conscious gamer or someone eager to go back and play all the amazing titles you missed last gen, you really can’t go wrong owning a 360.

System Link is also an amazing feature missing from the newer consoles. They intend to bring this back for the new Xbox One. In case you don’t know, System Link allows you to link multiple Xbox 360s together by Ethernet. I used to have two 360s in System Link for games like Dead Island, Halo and Gears of War. You can link up to 16 x 360s together though if you use a switch. A much cheaper way to have a LAN party!

LOADS of 360 games support System Link.

Chris Holman

Reaction score
Hello. I absolutely think there's still room in the market for an Xbox 360. The reason I'm suggesting this is for the fact that some games for the 360 aren't yet converted to the Xbox One's interface. Microsoft did do a good job at getting a lot of their games moved over to the new consul but some games were left in the dust. Just like the Nintendo or Sega those type of consoles will never be forgotten about because of the games that were played on them. Anyways that's my opinion what do you guys think?

RosieDaven

Reaction score
On my opinion it's a definite yes. I have my own for a year, and still play on it, when I have the mood for it, it's always good to just sit down comfortably (or lay), unlike for pc. It can be quite refreshing after being on the computer for a long time. :) Not to mention that the games for it are getting cheaper and cheaper ^^

Chris Holman

Reaction score
On my opinion it's a definite yes. I have my own for a year, and still play on it, when I have the mood for it, it's always good to just sit down comfortably (or lay), unlike for pc. It can be quite refreshing after being on the computer for a long time. :) Not to mention that the games for it are getting cheaper and cheaper ^^
I couldn't agree more! Not only in the sense that the game system is getting cheaper and the games and selves, but additionally the games on the Xbox 360 are still worth playing today! My girlfriend is big into playing Skyrim on the Xbox 360 even though I bought the new limited edition or whatnot for the Xbox One, she still prefers to play that game. Cool thanks for replying!

xXInfectedXx

Reaction score
I made a good decision to purchase the Xbox 360 and I have had allot of enjoyment out of the console. It's time for an upgrade though. I'm thinking about getting the Xbox One X.