• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Xbox 360 Worth getting a 360 after all this time?

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
I have always wanted a 360, but I kept postponing buying one because I always had what to play on PC.

However, looking back at the last-gen, I see so many exclusives I haven't got the chance to play and I'd love playing, ESPECIALLY the Halo series, as that is my favorite series ever and being a PC-only gamer, I have only played the few games ported to PC.

Those things being said, is it still worth getting a 360 after all this time? I'm pretty much decided on buying a used one and getting all the Halo and Gears of War titles available on it, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

Also, which models have a lower chance of RROD? I'd hate having to buy another one after a while.

Ridge

Reaction score
If you want one for the exclusives than I see no reason why it wouldn't be worth it..

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
I bought one a few weeks ago just for the exclusives, well worth it to be quite honest.

TheViper

Reaction score
I would still get a Xbox 360 if I was sure that it wouldn't die right out of the box. There was a time where I did own a Xbox 360 that was brand new. I opened it for the first time and received the red ring of death. After a lot of hassle and time on my part. Microsoft finally sent me a new 360 because they were tired of being bothered by my warranty claims. Therefore, I would say that it is worth getting only if you want the exclusive and playing with friends.

joshposh

Reaction score
Lots of great titles are on last generation consoles. I still have my PS3 and buy used games. It's cheap. The library of games are huge. As long as your entertained and it's at a fraction of the cost, then why not.

Sugarhill

Reaction score
I say that it's still worth it, especially if you have a gold membership. Thus far, I've liked the games that they are giving away more than what I've seen for the One. I just started playing Bad Company 2 and even though I stink at it, I've enjoyed it. I only wish that I could've waited to play Bad Company first since I have it in my backlog, but I wanted the Rewards credits for playing the game for ten hours.

BluBird

Reaction score
It's a good question right now. Yes, I would not really worry about anything for the next year, MAYBE 2 (as for new titles) but, in time, the focus will be on the Xbox one and titles will slowly stop coming for the 360. It's just the natural progression of consoles.

There are TONS of great games for the 360, most you can find cheap too. Many classics but, as they say, if you have never played it, it's new to you.

Issho

Reaction score
It is worth it. There's a ton of good games to choose from, be it third party or exclusives. There's still plenty of support for it so that shouldn't be a worry. As for which model you should look into, go with the S or the E models. There's little chance (or none) you get a RROD with any of those right out of the box, and even for most of its life. So I recommend looking into those.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
I have always wanted a 360, but I kept postponing buying one because I always had what to play on PC.

However, looking back at the last-gen, I see so many exclusives I haven't got the chance to play and I'd love playing, ESPECIALLY the Halo series, as that is my favorite series ever and being a PC-only gamer, I have only played the few games ported to PC.

Those things being said, is it still worth getting a 360 after all this time? I'm pretty much decided on buying a used one and getting all the Halo and Gears of War titles available on it, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

Also, which models have a lower chance of RROD? I'd hate having to buy another one after a while.
I got one a few months ago for my sons. I wasn't looking for one but caught a good bundle deal with a TV. I just need a hard drive for it, but I'm glad to have it. It's still a major upgrade in graphics compared to the Wii (my last system).

LitoLawless

Reaction score
I don't think it would be worth it. The Xbox One is already a year in and they have a lot of great games already. I think the Xbox One has backwards compatibility so you can play your Xbox 360 games on there along with your Xbox One games. I think that Xbox Live has a lot of 360 titles as well and with the hardware pretty much getting discontinued next year, it may be best just to get the newest system out now.

GamerPerson

Reaction score
I still don't like the idea of the Xbox One having to be connected once in a while to the net. What's the purpose of doing that? So, I say to go for the Xbox 360. Just avoid the ones that have to be on like the Xbox One.

So, go for the one that are a bit on the newer side to avoid the RROD, but still a bit older than the one that has to be connected to the net. Also, since it takes awhile for graphics to get better anyway, you might as well stick to the last gen, instead of buying into the new gen. You'll just end up getting last gen graphics on a new gen system.

ducklord

Reaction score
Nope. Most of its "exclusives" are actually CONSOLE exclusives - that means "you can't find them on THE OTHER console" - the PS3. But you CAN find them on PC. There's just a bunch of titles that are truly exclusive to it, found only on Xbox 360, but they haven't aged that well. Would you play Halo 3 and 4 when you can play, I dunno, Borderlands or Bioshock on your PC today?

Your money's better spent on upgrading your PC than buying an Xbox 360, from a realistic point of view.

(...said the man that wants to buy ANOTHER Xbox 360 after his old one RRoD'd! :p )

gamer123

Reaction score
You should still get a xbox 360 because it's a far better system than any other gaming platform. A computer is good and everything, but a computer is really expensive. Also, all you get is better graphics. In the long run your gaming experience is going to be much better than getting a computer. More money, more games.

gadin210

Reaction score
Absolutely, the games with gold system now has 4 games out for xbox 360 every month. It is still an awesome console

joshposh

Reaction score
From what I gather the console is now at a rock bottom price and games are really cheap. Go check out craigslist or ebay and you will see a lot of games sold in bundles for really cheap. A lot of people have moved on to the next platform and are unloading their old gear.

deltachi2012

Reaction score
From what I gather the console is now at a rock bottom price and games are really cheap. Go check out craigslist or ebay and you will see a lot of games sold in bundles for really cheap. A lot of people have moved on to the next platform and are unloading their old gear.

yeah, with this being said, all the new exclusives soon will move over to the XBOne, which will ultimately make the 360 obsolete in about 4 or 5 months (that is if your looking to play new exclusives)

Martin

Reaction score
If you find a bunch of games that you have missed from the previous generation that you want to play (i.e. Alan Wake) I would say that you have more than justified the purchase of an Xbox 360.

Michael

Reaction score
I still have my Xbox 360 after a couple of years... but I slowly get bored of it and thinking about selling it.

Catactus

Reaction score
Definitely worth it. So many great games to play on 360! :)