• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Worse game you have ever played?

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
Sincerely speaking, I can't remember I played a game that happens to be a bad one, let alone talking about a worse game. I simply play my favorite game whenever I have the time.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
How about Duke Nukem Forever? Don't get me wrong I love Duke as a character and his previous games were awesome. But after 13 years of waiting what did we see? Terrible controls, repetitive stages, the SAME boss battles all game long only with a different skin. I still love the DK series but that was a gaming experience I'd rather forget.
People waited for a decade and that's what they got. I think a factor is that they toned down the childhish jokes, which everyone thought hilarious as a kid. Also, 13 years of build up and hype can't really match anything they could have made. They could have delivered a classic but people will still complain that it took that long to make. I think that's the reason why it flopped so hard.

WarVet

Reaction score
People waited for a decade and that's what they got. I think a factor is that they toned down the childhish jokes, which everyone thought hilarious as a kid. Also, 13 years of build up and hype can't really match anything they could have made. They could have delivered a classic but people will still complain that it took that long to make. I think that's the reason why it flopped so hard.

Yeah, expectative builds up and after a certain point, it gets very difficult for the game to meet them. Personally what I liked about the game is the being able to interact with the environment (Smoke cigars and such) and the classic Duke humor that never ceases to amuse me. What I hated is well boring and unsolvable puzzles, repetitive bosses and overall bad gameplay. But I think you do have a point there these elements have been present in every DK game, maybe our perception of gaming evolved.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. I was extremely hyped so my dissapointment is huge. I regret playing it.

thart

Reaction score
Prototype2, it's so buggy i would call it a fraud on the PC. After a few minutes playing, if you are lucky you get to a point where the game will load and freeze. Happens to a lot people and there is no fix.

Neo

Reaction score
I find Minecraft to be extremely boring and way too overrated, no offense to anybody who loves it. But I've played a lot of other terrible games that just scarred me for life. Superman 64, Bubsy 3D, Zelda: The wand of Gamelon, Hotel Mario, Plumbers don't wear ties, etc. oh my God these games are just a failure of an excuse I can't even.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Maybe I'm being a little too kind :sweatsmile:, but... During all those years being a regular player, I can't say that I've ever played such a bad game to the point of being considered the worst of them all. Of course that I've played a lot (I mean... a lot) boring and uninteresting games, but nothing so bad.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah, expectative builds up and after a certain point, it gets very difficult for the game to meet them. Personally what I liked about the game is the being able to interact with the environment (Smoke cigars and such) and the classic Duke humor that never ceases to amuse me. What I hated is well boring and unsolvable puzzles, repetitive bosses and overall bad gameplay. But I think you do have a point there these elements have been present in every DK game, maybe our perception of gaming evolved.
Diablo 3 also had 12 years of hype built around it, and it's safe to say it never lived up to any expectations. People have come so far as to shoo away people trying to get the game, because it will definitely ruin their memories of dungeon crawling in Diablo 2. I think it was a failed attempt with bad gameplay additions and changes, but that's just me. I'll still won't recommend it, and if you want to play, just run Diablo 2 again.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Prototype2, it's so buggy i would call it a fraud on the PC. After a few minutes playing, if you are lucky you get to a point where the game will load and freeze. Happens to a lot people and there is no fix.

Honestly, I have never had any issues on Prototype 2. It worked flawlessly for me. And freezing? Never ever did I experience it. The game itself was not that bad. If you want to talk about bad optimization and bunch of technical issues, look at some Ubisoft titles. Some were a complete mess

RedVelvetCupcake2009

Reaction score
Worst game I have ever played has to be the Bratz game for the Nintendo DS. It has no storyline at all. The dolls were just made to sit there and look cute. Oh, and it's in a tie with the Sims on the DS. After I got to a certain level, it's as if the game ended without telling me. I couldn't do anything else, even though the game was saying the contrary thing. I was confused as heck. It was pretty boring. Don't forget every game based off a Disney show. Enough said.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I haven't come across a lot thankfully, but I remember playing Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero. It was so extremely terrible that I'm glad nobody followed in its footsteps. They took the physics of a fighting game and turned it into a platformer with fighting stages. It was terrible playing the whole game, and if you think that's the worst of it all then you should watch the cutscenes oh god.

thart

Reaction score
Honestly, I have never had any issues on Prototype 2. It worked flawlessly for me. And freezing? Never ever did I experience it. The game itself was not that bad. If you want to talk about bad optimization and bunch of technical issues, look at some Ubisoft titles. Some were a complete mess
Yes honestly, not just me who faced that problem. I have many friend who have the same. I don't know why but it happened.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
Yes honestly, not just me who faced that problem. I have many friend who have the same. I don't know why but it happened.

Are you playing the game on the console or the PC. If you are playing it on the PC, are you playing it on windows 10? If that is the case, it might easily be compatibility issues. Not too hard to solve in most cases.

thart

Reaction score
Are you playing the game on the console or the PC. If you are playing it on the PC, are you playing it on windows 10? If that is the case, it might easily be compatibility issues. Not too hard to solve in most cases.
Yes i play it on PC, but in windows 7. Do you think it's the problem? If yes how to solve it please

Lindsy90

Reaction score
Tomb raider 3 .I've played games that were straight out boring, games where 'coherence' is not a word in the creators . And essentially games which have no gameplay.
But while i have gotten sick of several games this is the only game so far that actually made me physically sick.

Maxthewriter

Reaction score
This game was so bad that I can't even recall its name presently. It was a car racing game, though. In the game, you assume the role of a driver inside a car. You're shown the stirring and required to drive as fast as you can.

It was ludicrously banal. There was nothing fun about the game. In fact, coincidentally, during the time I played the game, I seldom had insomnia. I remember making a joke to my friend that I have a sleeping pill that works like no other. When he asked for it, I showed him the game. Lol

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I find Minecraft to be extremely boring and way too overrated, no offense to anybody who loves it. But I've played a lot of other terrible games that just scarred me for life. Superman 64, Bubsy 3D, Zelda: The wand of Gamelon, Hotel Mario, Plumbers don't wear ties, etc. oh my God these games are just a failure of an excuse I can't even.
Yeah, I never got the appeal of Minecraft. I think I have a bias against pixel games in modern games, so it might be that. I mean, it's 2017 and other games have ultra realistic graphics, and these big games still do block stuff? Pixel games should have been phased out long ago since you don't get a lot of detail with blocky heads and environment. That's why I never tried it, even if it came free with Windows 10.

Deathisue

Reaction score
i dont remeber the worst game i ever played but minecraft is a game i never enjoy it, i dont know if the cause are the graphics or just the world of the game but never have my atention and that is weird in that kind of games.

Kharyode

Reaction score
Foza Horizon 2 is my worst game.
Forza Horizon 2
can’t be everyone’s business despite getting quite high reviews
at the time of its release. But, cutting some of the cars and map
areas wasn’t well received by quite a few gamers. The graphics look as odds..