• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Wireless accessories

Ghost

Reaction score
Do you find that having wireless accessories is better than the wired ones? Well the answer may seem obvious however, keep the following in mind.
Wireless products, such as controllers and headphones, can often run out of battery and/or disconnect due to not being in line with the receiver (I know some consoles previously have not had the best receivers and this has been an issue).

What is your view on this?

sage12

Reaction score
I have both! I prefer wired ones as you can trust them a lot more plus they don't disconnect!

Ghost

Reaction score
Yeah wired ones are more reliable for sure. The only thing though is that I play a lot of offline games so if it DC's the game just pauses. For online play though, disconnecting wireless devices are a nuisance!!

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
yes, specially since my chair is so far back from my tv and game system. No cords and my systems don't get hurt when I rage :p

Ghost

Reaction score
yes, specially since my chair is so far back from my tv and game system. No cords and my systems don't get hurt when I rage :p
Haha definitely. Ugh, in my TV room you have to pull the Xbox or whatever you're playing on close to the couch if you don't have wireless controllers. It was always annoying as things got unplugged.
ex: Guitars for Rockband, Guitar hero, etc. grrrr

James

Reaction score
I like wired controllers, it's just easier to not have to worry about battery life or them disconnecting. My wireless Xbox controller always disconnects, it's just so annoying.

I like how the PS3 controller works, though. Wireless, but with a usb connector to charge it.

jayjacinto

Reaction score
I have both, I prefer the wireless ones when I am in my 'lazy' mode. I hate wires dangling everywhere when I am lying on my couch while playing..

EJ Burg

Reaction score
In Game taking on missions that take long and you get stuck on the couch for hours I would have to say wired then you don't have to worry about batteries running out in the middle of a mission but for games you play in shorter portions I'll go wireless like for Racing Games ans.

Gladdy

Reaction score
In general, I prefer the wired products since it can so frustrating if you're in the middle of a very intense in-game moment and oh damn... your keyboard or mouse batteries ran out. It happened to me before and let's say that I wasn't very happy. I still use a wireless mouse (USB, not batteries) but I just play with it plugged in so it's technically wired. My keyboard and headphones are all wired kind.

I do use a wireless headset for my PS4 but I feel like if you check the charged level before playing (the newer kinds show it) that it's all safe and you shouldn't worry too much about it dying out in the middle of playing. Overall, it just depends on what you're used to and your preferences.

overcast

Reaction score
I personally find wired accessories better. Considering the wireless during the light off time may not work good for me. As we have some signal issues and some of the we have our distance issues too. So wired seems to be working food for us. And we can pretty much use the wired controller lot easier.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
We have an Xbox controller for the PC and it's battery (AA) operated. It takes about a month or so of daily usage to run it out, and it's compatible with any Windows OS, so it's just plug and play unlike the DS4. The controls are also smooth, and the hardware has been 100% intact, albeit we do take care of it and avoid dropping it on the floor, but still. It's pretty well built, and we made made the most out of it, considering the price. It was definitely a good purchase for us, and I highly recommend it.

valy

Reaction score
Hy Ghost, i have both, but me personally i like to use wireless because i can use it for our phones too. Is true that a wireless is much expensive but i think it worth the money. Beside that i hate the wires, we have wires to our, TV, keyboard, mouse, etc.

castills

Reaction score
I like wireless peripherals, especially Logitech's which reduces the number of dongles/adapters needed. I have a mouse and keyboard using the same one. I also have a generic Xbox controller that just needs to be plugged in to play with batteries.

Wireless is handy for my cramped space; no need for long cords that I have to bend up and potentially break the wires inside.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Hy Ghost, i have both, but me personally i like to use wireless because i can use it for our phones too. Is true that a wireless is much expensive but i think it worth the money. Beside that i hate the wires, we have wires to our, TV, keyboard, mouse, etc.
Another note on wireless is that when you have the DS4, you can plug in your headphones in there and you can use it for the game's sounds; so it's basically a wireless headphone jack too. It's pretty convenient since you sometimes have to tone down the noise in the house and the larger headsets do not have just a jack but a USB port as well for the power, so your basic earphones are the best choice.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Im lazy and broke so i prefer the wired ones. No hassle to buy and replace battery and wired accessories are cheap.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I prefer wired over wireless tbh. I don't know why but for me, it's just more reliable to be on wired connections, whether it's headphones, gamepads, keyboards, or whatever. Aside from that, there's also that factor of you need to charge it from time to time. I'm very conscious about my gaming peripherals so I don't want wireless connections as I fear that they might be slower compared to wired connections, but that's just me.

WarVet

Reaction score
I prefer wired over wireless tbh. I don't know why but for me, it's just more reliable to be on wired connections, whether it's headphones, gamepads, keyboards, or whatever. Aside from that, there's also that factor of you need to charge it from time to time. I'm very conscious about my gaming peripherals so I don't want wireless connections as I fear that they might be slower compared to wired connections, but that's just me.

As I never had many problems with my wireless hardware and given the comfort it provides I prefer wireless over wired very much. wired hardware is indeed more reliable but the only problem I had with my wireless mouse it is that it burns through batteries very fast. Still not much of a problem I am willing to overlook that in favor of not having wires.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Im lazy and broke so i prefer the wired ones. No hassle to buy and replace battery and wired accessories are cheap.
Yup, wired ones are cheap. I dunno why but they romanticized the idea of wireless stuff these days that anything wireless has an incredible markup in price. It's not like they're just using bluetooth or whatever to maintain a connection. It's just that when people hear "wireless" it instantly means "better" and "more modern" in their ears compared to their wired counterparts.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
It depends on the kind of accessory. I usually prefer wired ones because I prefer not to worry about batteries and charging, and that's why I usually buy wired keyboards and mouses (I don't use them far away from the screen, anyway). Furthermore, even wireless devices take up a USB slot, so I wouldn't save up space by choosing them.
However, wireless controllers are a must. No way around that, I need to be able to move around a little bit while holding it.