• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Windows 8?

Bazinga!

Reaction score
There are a lot of people where I live that don't seem to like it.

I have it on my laptop and I like it just fine. It took some getting use to when I first got my laptop (my laptop came with Windows 8 on it) but I don't see the big deal personally. I don't know if there is something specifically that they don't like about Windows 8 or if they don't like change but I like it.

Pulseeey

Reaction score
Simple fact.

People who don't like are just people who like to b!tch and moan about changes. Windows 8 (or 8.1) is faster, more stable and less resourceful than Windows 7 and you can adjust certain things to replicate Windows 7 e.g. Start Menu, Ribbon and the explorer so there is no excuses to moan about it.

Stealth

Reaction score
I personally like it. Although it did take some getting used too.

Pluto

Reaction score
Pulseeey said:
Simple fact.

People who don't like are just people who like to b!tch and moan about changes. Windows 8 (or 8.1) is faster, more stable and less resourceful than Windows 7 and you can adjust certain things to replicate Windows 7 e.g. Start Menu, Ribbon and the explorer so there is no excuses to moan about it.

Not to mention Microsoft raised the price of Windows 7 so you are paying more for a resource hungry unsupported OS.

Pulseeey

Reaction score
Pluto said:
Pulseeey said:
Simple fact.

Not to mention Microsoft raised the price of Windows 7 so you are paying more for a resource hungry unsupported OS.

That wouldn't concern me because I own 3 licenses, but I can imagine since many retailers are not moving to Windows 8 so raising price would be an expected move.

It's not resource hungry, it's just Windows 8 is much more lightweight but yet has all the same & more features than Windows 7.

Unsupported? It's still being supported, is it not?

Pluto

Reaction score
Pulseeey said:
Pluto said:
Pulseeey said:
Simple fact.

That wouldn't concern me because I own 3 licenses, but I can imagine since many retailers are not moving to Windows 8 so raising price would be an expected move.

It's not resource hungry, it's just Windows 8 is much more lightweight but yet has all the same & more features than Windows 7.

Not from what a microsoft representative told me (Support agent), They are discontinuing supporting it since they want to focus on the Windows 8 revisions apparently.

Pulseeey

Reaction score
Pluto said:
Pulseeey said:
Pluto said:
Pulseeey said:
Simple fact.

Not from what a microsoft representative told me (Support agent), They are discontinuing supporting it since they want to focus on the Windows 8 revisions apparently.

jjVJShM.png

Sweettarts1

Reaction score
I just purchased 8.1 Never have issues with it I am waiting for windows 10 Release that is my next upgrade lol.

Guardian

Reaction score
I usually wait for an OS to be released for quite some time to work out the kinks, but I despise Windows 8 so much I've already opted in or Windows 10 on release sate (July 29).